Officially Declared Underclassmen

Branden Albert, OG, Virginia.
    James Banks, WR, Carson-Newman
    Davone Bess, WR, Hawaii
    Calais Campbell, DE, Miami (FL).
    Jamaal Charles, RB, Texas.
    Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State.
    Johnny Dingle, DE, West Virginia.
    Franklin Dunbar, OT, Middle Tennessee State.
    James Hardy, WR, Indiana
    Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida.
    Erin Henderson, OLB, Maryland.
    Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL).
    Bobby Reid, QB, Oklahoma State
    Orlando Scandrick, CB, Boise State
    Taj Smith, WR, Syracuse.
    Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State
    Mario Urrutia, WR, Louisville.
    Martellus Bennett TE, Texas A&M
    Rashard Mendenhall RB, Illinois
    Kevin Smith RB, Central Florida
    Anthony Collins OT, Kansas
    Jermichael Finley TE, Texas
    Brandon Flowers CB, Virgina Tech
    Joe Burnett CB, Central Florida
    Ray Rice RB, Rutgers
    Adrian Arrington WR, Michigan
    Aaron Kelly WR, Clemson
    James Davis RB, Clemson
    DeJuan Morgan LB, North Carolina State
    Geno Hayes LB, Florida State
    Ryan Grice-Mullen WR, Hawaii
    Jarod Mayo LB, Tennessee
    Jack Ikegwuonu CB, Wisconsin
    Malcolm Kelly WR, Oklahoma
    Phillip Merling DE, Clemson
    Earl Bennett WR, Vanderbilt
    Derius Raynaud WR, West Virginia
    Mario Mannigham WR, Michigan**

**Hasn't officialy declared but coach Rich Rodriguez said he won't be back for senior season

This is a list to clear up any speculatiuon some people might have.

Re: 2008 NFL Draft-Underclassman Watch

Undecided Predictions

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/underclassmen.html

That is a link that gives you a good idea on who might declare and on who is staying.

Returning

Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida. Hello NFL, is there room for a 6’4, 235 pound tight end running 4.4’s? Well while he may not be a punishing blocker or have elite size for a tight end in the pros. He can create mismatches on the outsides against linebackers with his speed and against defensive backs with his size. Not sure where exactly he’ll fit in, but playmaking athletes will always manage to find playing time. Look for him to go in the 2nd-3rd round range. After announcing that he would declare, he sat down with his parents and decided it would be best if he returned to Florida for another year. Good decision? I say certainly. (announced: 01/09)

Aaron Kelly, WR, Clemson. After deciding late Tuesday night that he would enter the draft, his decision turned out to be short lived. After receiving a 4th round projection, he’ll return to school. He’s a lanky pass catcher (6’5, 190) who had 1081 yards and 11 touchdowns on 88 receptions this past season. (announced: 01/09)

Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri. With Martin Rucker graduating, will Coffman leave behind a huge gap on the Tigers offense? Coffman has answered those questions and has decided to remain at school for his senior season. He’s a guy that can get up and down the field (51 receptions), but also blocks very well. Some consider him to be a better pro prospect than Martin Rucker because of his all-around skill set. (announced: 01/08)

Chase Daniel, QB, Missouri. Invited to New York for the Heisman. Displays good poise, good accuracy, and good decision-making. Perhaps the second-coming of Drew Brees? His height is a concern and the class is pretty talented. He’s made it official and said he’s returning to Missouri. (announced: 01/08)

Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia. He’ll test well whenever he enters, but after a less than productive season he will return. Though Noel Devine and Pat White will continue to carry the ball often next year, the team will have enough carries to go around and will contend for the National Championship yet again. With Pat White “99.99 percent” sure he’ll return, Slaton said that Rodriguez’s decision leave won’t have an impact on his already serious consideration of entering early. Slaton was injured in the first quarter of the team’s bowl game. It’s official, Slaton will be returning to West Virginia to share playing time with Noel Devine. (announced: 01/07)

Marcus Freeman, OLB, Ohio State. Freeman received his degree in Sports Management in December, but will still return to school for one more year. He was a hyped recruit out of high school and has tremendous size and speed for the position. Projects to the weakside at the next level, but could also probably man the strongside position as well. (announced: 01/07)

Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin. An elite, undersized tight end. Wisconsin’s go-to guy and will continue to be featured in this role next year. Not a great blocker, though he is improving in the area. Both he and Coach are happy for his return to Wisconsin. With yet another dynamic season, look for him to challenge for the top tight end off the board next season and should be almost a lock for the first round. (announced: 12/20)

Pat Sims, DT, Auburn. Has been a recent riser, but has been known to give inconsistent effort. He’s a great talent who could produce great Combine numbers. The production and consistency isn’t where it could be so he’d be better off staying another year. After sitting down with Coach Tubervile, both decided that was the best decision for him. If the coaching staff can light a fire inside him, Sims has the tools to become a dominant penetrator in the middle. (announced: 12/20) Sean Lee, OLB, Penn State. Lee might even be a better prospect than Paul Posluszny (2nd rounder in 2007) or Dan Connor (projected top 15 in 2008). He combines instincts with size and athleticism. Accumulated 124 tackles this season but has said that he will definitely return for his senior season. (announced: 12/13)

Brian Cushing, OLB, USC. Has been plagued by injuries but has experience playing defensive end and linebacker. Projected as a late 1st round guy, he has decided to pass up the NFL and return to the Trojans next year who will compete for the National Title. Cushing knows he could have a better year and cited injuries as the big reason he’ll return. (announced: 11/6)

Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC. Maualuga called it “100%” that he will come back to the Trojans. He’s enjoying his time in Southern Cal and has plenty of time left in his football career. He’s in no rush to come out. Right now he lives off his athleticism and big hits, but will need to become a better all-around player to be a top 5 pick in next year’s selection. (announced: 11/6)

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/underclassmen.html

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks my friend.
    I should start to see some of the Seniors starting to slip on the value boards.

Man I love this time of year.
    Not quiet as fun as the regular season but right up there.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Texas A&M Junior TE Martellus Bennett has officially declared for the NFL draft.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=57243

I was surprised by this news because I thought he would stay in college to maybe try to elevate his status to a 1st round pick. Maybe now that he has come out early he would maybe slip to us in the 2nd round. He has a great combination of blocking ability and recieving ability. If he does impress during the combine and etc. he may be able to slip into the first round.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Texas A&M Junior TE Martellus Bennett has officially declared for the NFL draft.

I was surprised by this news because I thought he would stay in college to maybe try to elevate his status to a 1st round pick. Maybe now that he has come out early he would maybe slip to us in the 2nd round. He has a great combination of blocking ability and recieving ability. If he does impress during the combine and etc. he may be able to slip into the first round.
    Very intesting player.

Do you really think that we would take a TE in the first round?
    We currently have 2 to 3 more TE's on our roster than most staffs carry and one of them is basically gonna be a rookie next year (Mills).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:

Very intesting player.

Do you really think that we would take a TE in the first round?
    We currently have 2 to 3 more TE's on our roster than most staffs carry and one of them is basically gonna be a rookie next year (Mills).
    No I don't think we would take him in the 1st round, I think we would take either a WR,DE,or a DB. But if he somehow slipped to us in the 2nd round we should get him. He would be a far better receiving threat then Shiancoe and with his size 6'7 250 he would be a good redzone threat.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

I'm biased.
    I like Dingle.
    Despite WVU's strange 3-3-5 defense he still did a solid job this season getting pressure.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Freakout" wrote:
    I'm biased.
    I like Dingle.
    Despite WVU's strange 3-3-5 defense he still did a solid job this season getting pressure.
    I didn't realize that until the other night actually.

I'm watching the Fiesta Bowl and I say "WTF, why is West Virginia in the nickel on first down?"

Illinois junior RB Rashard Mendenhall will enter the NFL draft.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=56664

Here is one I am not to happy about because I am an Illinois fan and this is definatly going to hurt our team. But I do wish him luck, I think he is going to be a great NFL running back he has the complete package and there is no doubt he is going to be a 1st round pick. I just hope he doesn't get picked by Green Bay or Chicago.

Good Luck Rashard!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast