Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2008 NFL Draft - Team Need Analysis

I don't believe we will take a QB in the draft. We already have a young QB in the making. Look for us to take a vet in FA. As for the DE position that will also be addressed in FA along with a stud CB. The Draft will be for OL, WR, and S along with another DE in that order.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    I don't believe we will take a QB in the draft. We already have a young QB in the making. Look for us to take a vet in FA. As for the DE position that will also be addressed in FA along with a stud CB. The Draft will be for OL, WR, and S along with another DE in that order.
    You could be right on all points, however......... ;D

Remember my way of thinking going into this draft is that we will be only drafting this years class to be immediate backups (depth) and future replacements (get to learn from the Vets).

By the time a young QB (sitting on the bench) finally gets a clue as to what is going on/ready to take the helm 3 years will/could have gone by.
    That would be TJ's 5th/6th year and this staff better have someone waiting in the wings that has been learning that whole time.

Even if TJ continues to improve and gets decent enough to run this team on a consistent basis he could/will still stand a good chance of getting hurt.
    This style of offense compounds that risk even more when you ask a QB to be mobile and run it a few times.

Again, the QB position is the most important (IMHO) one on the team and needs to be addressed almost every year.
    Does that mean they draft a guy every year, hell no, but the better look at it every year to see what they need to do in both the draft and via FA.

Long story short, if the previous regimes would have addressed the QB position this way (grow thier own) we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now when it comes to the QB position.

With that said, I look to see the Vikes draft replacements for all positions that have a guy that is either a) getting long in the tooth, or b) might be deemed a guy who will be to high to resign.

For instance, if Griff turns out to be a very good CB but not the greatest in the league, what does the team do when his agent comes a calling in 2 years asking for a contract that is way above what he is worth?
    Resign him?
    Nope, they do like the Steelers and Patriots and Colts do, let his ass go and promote the guy who has been waiting in the wings, learning for the last 2 years.

Again, tough nut to swallow for fans when they see a favorite player let go in his prime but that is the nature of the beast these days.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Brooks B, Erasmus, Holcomb, Mike Doss, And Troy Williamson HAVEEEEE to go

Free up some space

We can replace them

I like what i've been seeing out of Williamson.. But is it worth keeping around that high of a salary for a dude with potential?

And WOWWWW Shank taking up 4 mill of cap space? Get him out too

"V4L" wrote:

Free up some space

We can replace them

I like what i've been seeing out of Williamson.. But is it worth keeping around that high of a salary for a dude with potential?

Shank will be worth the money if we ever get our QB up to snuff and a passing attack is part of the offense.

I think you give T-will one more year and see what you have for the same reason.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Free up some space

We can replace them

Shank will be worth the money if we ever get our QB up to snuff and a passing attack is part of the offense.

I think you give T-will one more year and see what you have for the same reason.

Im not so sure Shank is.. He got his passes.. He just drops them.. And makes crucial mistakes..

I guess i wouldn't be apposed to keeping him around for another year to see what he can do

And T-will.. Yah I would like to keep him as well..

Maybe cut Wade.. I know he is solid.. But I think T-will can take his slot spot.. Wade taking a cap hit of about 5 mill? Wow

I know we wont cut him.. But I would like to cut ties with some of these overpaid players

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Free up some space

We can replace them

Im not so sure Shank is.. He got his passes.. He just drops them.. And makes crucial mistakes..

I guess i wouldn't be apposed to keeping him around for another year to see what he can do

Maybe cut Wade.. I know he is solid.. But I think T-will can take his slot spot.. Wade taking a cap hit of about 5 mill? Wow

I know we wont cut him.. But I would like to cut ties with some of these overpaid players
    Holy crap no. If we keep anybody it should be Wade.
    He is a perfect fit for his role in the offensive passing scheme.

When/if our QB play solidifies he will be a hard stop on those quick slants.

If we get rid of anybody it should be Ferg and then add one guy.

V4L seems you are trying to shave $$ because of our CAP.
    Have no fear my friend, if Bryzcheapski does one thing right he knows how to keep our finances straight.

V4L

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Free up some space

We can replace them

Have no fear my friend, if Bryzcheapski does one thing right he knows how to keep our finances straight.

Yah Im just worried

I just think we could replace someone who can only run quick slants

But that's just me.

But sorry for getting the thread off track.. back to it

For the draft I think all those are basically dead on.. Why dont you have a position in the NFL?!

And for the Vikes.. If a WR comes to us in a WR draft heavy crop then we take him

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Free up some space

We can replace them

Yah Im just worried

But that's just me.

For the draft I think all those are basically dead on.. Why dont you have a position in the NFL?!

And for the Vikes.. If a WR comes to us in a WR draft heavy crop then we take him
    You crack me up my friend.
    This is my thread.
    It is designed to talk about team wants and needs of all sorts.
    YOu can't get it off track.
    Wander as you see fit my friend.
    ;D

V4L

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=41026.msg698660#msg698660 date=1198949246]

Free up some space

We can replace them

Yah Im just worried

But that's just me.

This is my thread.
    ;D
    [/quote]

Thats why I like you my friend.. Always so friendly.. good to see some people around here with that kind of attitude!!

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=41026.msg698665#msg698665 date=1198949733]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=41026.msg698660#msg698660 date=1198949246]

Free up some space

We can replace them

Yah Im just worried

But that's just me.

This is my thread.
    ;D
    [/quote]

Thats why I like you my friend.. Always so friendly.. good to see some people around here with that kind of attitude!!

[/quote]
    Most on here are very friendly my friend.
    It is hard sometimes to articulate a thought that might not be what everyone else is thinking without rubbing someone the wrong way.

I almost always think that you are just trying to talk about football and articulate your side of it to me in an effort to try to change my mind.

Just entertainent and good fun my friend.
    Nothing more nothing less.

Now quit disagreeing with me.
    ;D

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast