Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

2008 NFL Draft - Team Need Analysis

As some of you know I am very anal about doing a mock draft and usually start this thing when the Vikes our out of the running.
    Luckily for us I am running a little late this year.

Basically it is my first stab, compulation of what I know about the 32 teams, were they will probably pick right now (based on anticipated records) and what they need prior to free agency.

As soon as we get a forumn to post off season stuff in I will move this, however, something for you guys to chew on, help me out with.
    I got some great input on my mock last year and won $85 bucks in the company draft competition we have every year.

Comments are welcome.
    Let me know if you think I have a teams needs wrong or you think they will go another way than I am thinking.

2008 NFL Draft Analysis
    Currently guessing at order.
    Ties, playoffs, and trades will affect order.
    1. Miami Dolphins -
    Team Needs: CB FS SS DT OLB ILB
    What will the Tuna (Bill Parcells) do here.
    I look for him to have his coaches attempt at developing John Beck as the franchise QB of the future and try to trade this pick to someone else so that he can get more guys in via the draft.
    If he uses this pick I believe the Tuna will have his staff get the best Defensive player on the board be it a DE, DT or Secondary pick.

St. Louis Rams -
    Team Needs: OT LB CB S OG
    Not sure what this new staff will do.
    I look to see them shore up the OL with this pick as it will go along way in keeping their Franchise QB on the field all year.

New York Jets -

Team Needs: DE FS WR OLB OT OG
    Another team that is gonna be hard to figure out. They did get Thomas Jones but might take the best running back here at this pick.

Atlanta Falcons -
    Team Needs: RB QB CB OT C WR RB
    I will have to watch to see who they get to be their coach and how they straighten out their front office but suffice it to say, they will take the best QB available at this spot.
    If they don’t they will have a revolt by the masses.

New England Patriots (from San Francisco) -
    Team Needs: ILB OLB CB
    The Pats continue to show why they are the best organization in the league.
    Loose their pick at 32 for cheating but still pick in the top 5.
    They are getting old at LB so logic would dictate going here, but if they loose Samuel maybe they pick a CB here.

Baltimore Ravens -
    Team Needs: CB OLB ILB DE DT
    They really need to address their QB situation in this draft.
    Maybe not at this position but someplace in the draft.
    Probably take the best defensive guy here.

Kansas City Chiefs -
    Team Needs: OT CB WR OG RB
    They need a lot of help across the board, however a young QB behind this declining OL is just asking for trouble.
    Probably take a OL here in an effort to protect their young signal caller.

Oakland Raiders -
    Team Needs: S DE OT WR CB DT
    They go with the best safety here. They will get OL help later in the draft.

Cincinnati Bengals -
    Team Needs: DT DE OLB SS
    The Gals need to fix their DT problems.
    Until they do that teams will be able to run at will on them.

Chicago Bears -
    Team Needs: QB OG OT WR S RB OLB
    I really look to see the Bears become very active in the FA period.
    They will have to find an answer for QB there I believe as well as draft someone to replace Wrecks Grossman, but until they fix their OL issues it really won’t matter. (RT)

11. Arizona Cardinals -
    Team Needs: OLB CB OT ILB
    Which one is the bigger letdown, Antrel Rolle or Eric Green?
    I would take Griff, Gordon or McCauley over either of them for a long time solution.
    Look for the Cards to go CB here if one of the top 2 or 3 are still available.

.Denver Broncos -
    Team Needs: DT ILB S OT
    Believe it or not I look for them to address issues at WR sometime early on in the draft.
    Brendon Marshall might have sealed his fate with his run in with the coach and Jevon is still a disappointment .

Carolina Panthers -

Team Needs: QB DE SS FS ILB DE OT
    Were to go on this one.
    I always default to a pass rusher when I have a team with this many needs.
    Because they spent/wasted a pick on a QB (I am glad we didn’t get) they might not try to fix that error through the draft, at least not this soon.

Detroit Lions -

Team Needs: CB ILB OT SS TE
    Another team that shows how bad a front office can mess up a team.
    They draft the best OT here and move Jeff Backus to guard, improving the unit in two spots.

Philadelphia Eagles -

Team Needs: WR SS OT TE CB OLB
    If I am right, there is gonna be a rush on OL this draft.
    The Iggles have two old dudes (Jon Runyan and William Thomas are both 33-years old) that they need to start worrying about finding replacements for.

New Orleans Saints -
    Team Needs: DT OLB ILB CB S RB
    The Saints need a middle linebacker to build their defense around.
    Additionally, I look to see if they might just look for a RB somewhere in the later rounds to compliment their franchise player.
    McCallister seems to be oft injured.

Buffalo Bills -

Team Needs: CB WR FS OLB DT
    A legitimate threat opposite Lee Evans would really help open up the offense, and give Trent Edwards a nice pair of weapons to work with.

Houston Texans -

Team Needs: RB CB SS FS ILB OT
    With defensive end Mario Williams stepping up and having a Pro Bowl-type season, the Texans
    can look to this spot in an effort at
    finding a stud running back.

Washington Redskins -

Team Needs: S OT DE WR OG CB ILB
    A team on a serious downhill slide no matter how far they go in the playoffs.
    They have mortgaged the bank with respect to picks and are in serious trouble with CAP space.
    Look for the Skins to trade this pick for more latter round (cheaper players) which they can provide some much needed depth with.
    If they pick here I look for them to go with the best S on the board.

Tennessee Titans -

Team Needs: CB WR DE DT FS OG
    Vince Young needs some weapons to work with if he is ever going to become a complete quarterback.

21. Minnesota Vikings -
    Team Needs: DE WR QB S CB OT/OG
    The Vikes have the luxury this year of only drafting for depth and future starters.
    With that said, Erasmus James just can’t stay healthy and the team desperately needs some a guy who can get double digit sacks from the right side.
    I look for the Vikes to address this issue via FA and go with the best player available at either the WR, S, or OT position.
    I also look for them to add another signal caller someplace in the 4-5th round depending on how the QB’s go off the board.

Seattle Seahawks -
    Team Needs: OG WR TE RB
    The Seahawks offensive line has struggled a bit since losing Steve Hutchinson to our beloved Vikings, and could use a player they could plug in at guard for now. They could also take a good RB here is the right guy is sitting there.

Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland)-
    Team Needs: WR CB NT OT S
    Another team like the Vikes who are drafting for depth and not so much need.
    Look for them to find a playmaker (WR) on offense or one on (CB) defense someplace with their first two picks.

Pittsburgh Steelers -
    Team Needs: ILB OT OG DE CB WR
    The Steelers will be looking for more consistency from the right tackle position, and should address the position in the early rounds of the draft if they don’t shore up the position in free agency.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
    Team Needs: OT WR QB RB CB DT
    Ronde getting old and Buchanan has never lived up to his potential.
    Look for them to address their aging secondary or OT position here.

26. New York Giants -
    Team Needs: OLB S CB OG C P FB
    This is a tough one to figure out.
    They will probably go Defense here, probably in the secondary. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them get a QB in the latter rounds to spark Eli’s play.

San Diego Chargers -
    Team Needs: OT DE NT OG S
    Not much of a need here.
    They will draft for dept, probably at their weakest position OT.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars -
    Team Needs: WR S CB DE OT OG
    Jack Del Rio (one of my favorite Vikes) goes with the best pass rushing DE here.
    The could also get another weapon for Garrard if someone slips to them in the WR position.

29. Green Bay Packers -
    Team Needs: RB OT OLB CB
    I hate to say it but this team has done a good job of putting some very good youth at almost all positions.
    Harris and Woodson are among the best corner duos in the NFL, but they’re not getting any younger. Drafting a top corner this year would allow the team to work him into the rotation slowly.
    They could also look to add depth at RB here as well if the right guy drops to them.

29. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis) -
    Team Needs: WR OT OG FS CB
    The Niners have to get a WR someplace.
    Maybe these guys are a candidate to move up someplace and take the best WR in the draft.

31. Dallas Cowboys -
    Look for them to find a playmaker (WR) on offense or one on (CB) defense someplace with their first two picks.

32. New England Patriots -
    This is the Patriots forfeited pick.
    See my comments at pick number 5.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

Re: 2008 NFL Draft - Team Need Analysis

"Marrdro" wrote:
    As some of you know I am very anal about doing a mock draft and usually start this thing when the Vikes our out of the running.
    Luckily for us I am running a little late this year.

Basically it is my first stab, compulation of what I know about the 32 teams, were they will probably pick right now (based on anticipated records) and what they need prior to free agency.

As soon as we get a forumn to post off season stuff in I will move this, however, something for you guys to chew on, help me out with.
    I got some great input on my mock last year and won $85 bucks in the company draft competition we have every year.

Comments are welcome.
    Let me know if you think I have a teams needs wrong or you think they will go another way than I am thinking.

2008 NFL Draft Analysis
    Currently guessing at order.
    Ties, playoffs, and trades will affect order.
    1. Miami Dolphins -
    Team Needs: CB FS SS DT OLB ILB
    What will the Tuna (Bill Parcells) do here.
    I look for him to have his coaches attempt at developing John Beck as the franchise QB of the future and try to trade this pick to someone else so that he can get more guys in via the draft.
    If he uses this pick I believe the Tuna will have his staff get the best Defensive player on the board be it a DE, DT or Secondary pick.

St. Louis Rams -
    Team Needs: OT LB CB S OG
    Not sure what this new staff will do.
    I look to see them shore up the OL with this pick as it will go along way in keeping their Franchise QB on the field all year.

New York Jets -

Team Needs: DE FS WR OLB OT OG
    Another team that is gonna be hard to figure out. They did get Thomas Jones but might take the best running back here at this pick.

Atlanta Falcons -
    Team Needs: RB QB CB OT C WR RB
    I will have to watch to see who they get to be their coach and how they straighten out their front office but suffice it to say, they will take the best QB available at this spot.
    If they don’t they will have a revolt by the masses.

New England Patriots (from San Francisco) -
    The Pats continue to show why they are the best organization in the league.
    Loose their pick at 32 for cheating but still pick in the top 5.
    They are getting old at LB so logic would dictate going here, but if they loose Samuel maybe they pick a CB here.

Baltimore Ravens -
    Team Needs: CB OLB ILB DE DT
    They really need to address their QB situation in this draft.
    Maybe not at this position but someplace in the draft.
    Probably take the best defensive guy here.

Kansas City Chiefs -
    Team Needs: OT CB WR OG RB
    They need a lot of help across the board, however a young QB behind this declining OL is just asking for trouble.
    Probably take a OL here in an effort to protect their young signal caller.

Oakland Raiders -
    Team Needs: S DE OT WR CB DT
    They go with the best safety here. They will get OL help later in the draft.

Cincinnati Bengals -
    Team Needs: DT DE OLB SS
    The Gals need to fix their DT problems.
    Until they do that teams will be able to run at will on them.

Chicago Bears -
    Team Needs: QB OG OT WR S RB OLB
    I really look to see the Bears become very active in the FA period.
    They will have to find an answer for QB there I believe as well as draft someone to replace Wrecks Grossman, but until they fix their OL issues it really won’t matter. (RT)

11. Arizona Cardinals -
    Team Needs: OLB CB OT ILB
    Which one is the bigger letdown, Antrel Rolle or Eric Green?
    I would take Griff, Gordon or McCauley over either of them for a long time solution.
    Look for the Cards to go CB here if one of the top 2 or 3 are still available.

.Denver Broncos -
    Team Needs: DT ILB S OT
    Believe it or not I look for them to address issues at WR sometime early on in the draft.
    Brendon Marshall might have sealed his fate with his run in with the coach and Jevon is still a disappointment .

Carolina Panthers -

Team Needs: QB DE SS FS ILB DE OT
    Were to go on this one.
    I always default to a pass rusher when I have a team with this many needs.
    Because they spent/wasted a pick on a QB (I am glad we didn’t get) they might not try to fix that error through the draft, at least not this soon.

Detroit Lions -

Team Needs: CB ILB OT SS TE
    Another team that shows how bad a front office can mess up a team.
    They draft the best OT here and move Jeff Backus to guard, improving the unit in two spots.

Philadelphia Eagles -

Team Needs: WR SS OT TE CB OLB
    If I am right, there is gonna be a rush on OL this draft.
    The Iggles have two old dudes (Jon Runyan and William Thomas are both 33-years old) that they need to start worrying about finding replacements for.

New Orleans Saints -
    Team Needs: DT OLB ILB CB S RB
    The Saints need a middle linebacker to build their defense around.
    Additionally, I look to see if they might just look for a RB somewhere in the later rounds to compliment their franchise player.
    McCallister seems to be oft injured.

Buffalo Bills -

Team Needs: CB WR FS OLB DT
    A legitimate threat opposite Lee Evans would really help open up the offense, and give Trent Edwards a nice pair of weapons to work with.

Houston Texans -

Team Needs: RB CB SS FS ILB OT
    With defensive end Mario Williams stepping up and having a Pro Bowl-type season, the Texans
    can look to this spot in an effort at
    finding a stud running back.

Washington Redskins -

Team Needs: S OT DE WR OG CB ILB
    A team on a serious downhill slide no matter how far they go in the playoffs.

They have mortgaged the bank with respect to picks and are in serious trouble with CAP space.
    Look for the Skins to trade this pick for more latter round (cheaper players) which they can provide some much needed depth with.
    If they pick here I look for them to go with the best S on the board.

Tennessee Titans -

Team Needs: CB WR DE DT FS OG
    Vince Young needs some weapons to work with if he is ever going to become a complete quarterback.

21. Minnesota Vikings -
    Team Needs: DE WR QB S CB OT/OG
    The Vikes have the luxury this year of only drafting for depth and future starters.
    With that said, Erasmus James just can’t stay healthy and the team desperately needs some a guy who can get double digit sacks from the right side.

I look for the Vikes to address this issue via FA and go with the best player available at either the WR, S, or OT position.
    I also look for them to add another signal caller someplace in the 4-5th round depending on how the QB’s go off the board.

Seattle Seahawks -
    Team Needs: OG WR TE RB
    The Seahawks offensive line has struggled a bit since losing Steve Hutchinson to our beloved Vikings, and could use a player they could plug in at guard for now. They could also take a good RB here is the right guy is sitting there.

Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland)-

Pittsburgh Steelers -
    Team Needs: ILB OT OG DE CB WR
    The Steelers will be looking for more consistency from the right tackle position, and should address the position in the early rounds of the draft if they don’t shore up the position in free agency.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
    Team Needs: OT WR QB RB CB DT
    Ronde getting old and Buchanan has never lived up to his potential.
    Look for them to address their aging secondary or OT position here.

26. New York Giants -
    Team Needs: OLB S CB OG C P FB
    This is a tough one to figure out.
    They will probably go Defense here, probably in the secondary. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them get a QB in the latter rounds to spark Eli’s play.

San Diego Chargers -
    Team Needs: OT DE NT OG S
    Not much of a need here.
    They will draft for dept, probably at their weakest position OT.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars -
    Team Needs: WR S CB DE OT OG
    Jack Del Rio (one of my favorite Vikes) goes with the best pass rushing DE here.
    The could also get another weapon for Garrard if someone slips to them in the WR position.

29. Green Bay Packers -
    Team Needs: RB OT OLB CB
    I hate to say it but this team has done a good job of putting some very good youth at almost all positions.
    Harris and Woodson are among the best corner duos in the NFL, but they’re not getting any younger. Drafting a top corner this year would allow the team to work him into the rotation slowly.
    They could also look to add depth at RB here as well if the right guy drops to them.

29. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis) -
    Team Needs: WR OT OG FS CB
    The Niners have to get a WR someplace.
    Maybe these guys are a candidate to move up someplace and take the best WR in the draft.

31. Dallas Cowboys -

32. New England Patriots -
    This is the Patriots forfeited pick.
    See my comments at pick number 5.
    Pretty impressive, my friend.
    At this stage, I agree with your draft forecast of the Vikes.
    An athletic safety, a WR (like the ones Green Bay seems to find), and an OT, another versatile OLineman, a RUSH END are needed.

I realize this is a 2008 Draft thread, however, I'd like to point out that we are DEFINITELY on the same page as to what the Vikes need to improve on with respect to next year.
    I gotta believe it can't be lost on them.
    For some reason, I have faith now, like I've not had for years.
    I believe they will address the needs and we will win 10 to 13 games next year.
    This is a team on the rise due to the last couple of drafts and (as unpopular as it is), a coach who is sticking to his guns.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Miami- I think they might go after a QB, a lot of times teams that are in the crapper like the dolphins will go after the "guy".
    Maybe they want the next Marino.
    I either see Miami drafting a QB here, or moving down further in the draft and picking up some later picks.

Rams- This is a tough one because I don't follow the Rams.
    But if I
    had to guess I'd say an OT probably.
    The Rams need to shore up some offensive problems and an OT to watch their QB's backside would help.

Jets- Can you say missing Curtis Martin?
    Is Mcfadden NFL eligible?
    If he his he'll be gone by the Jets.

Falcons- I agree, it's a QB almost no matter what.
    There's not much I could see changing their mind since they have nobody in the hole at QB.

Patriots- I'd look to see a linebacker here, outside chance at CB.
    The offense simply doesn't need help this year.
    I don't know off hand but the average age of the line backing core must be crazy old.
    They'll look for youth, and may draft two line backers in the draft.

Ravens- I don't see them getting a QB simply because the top two will be gone, and I could see them giving Troy Smith a chance.
    I'd bet my hat they get a CB.
    This depends if Suggs leaves too, if Suggs leaves I could see them drafting another DE/OLB.

Chiefs-
    This is a tough one, I don't think they'll get a QB.
    They have their RB.
    I personally see them drafting a WR or OL.

Raiders- Depending on who's on the board at this point I could definetly see the Raiders get a WR to go with Russel.
    They already have one young safety, they don't need another.

Things get crazy after this when things shift so much depending on who gets drafted so I'm not even going to try to BS my way through that, I'll just finish with the Vikings

Vikings-We won't draft another Rookie QB with the first pick of the draft unless someone like the number one pick dropped to us for no reason.
    Kind of sad that we probably won't make the playoffs and we have the number 21 pick though.
    I think we'll deal with DE in FA so no first round pick there.
    If I had to guess I would have to say we look for a Wide Out, but if a stud player drops to us in another need position we might pass up an OK receiver to get a stud.

"MaxVike" wrote:
    Pretty impressive, my friend.
    At this stage, I agree with your draft forecast of the Vikes.
    An athletic safety, a WR (like the ones Green Bay seems to find), and an OT, another versatile OLineman, a RUSH END are needed.

I realize this is a 2008 Draft thread, however, I'd like to point out that we are DEFINITELY on the same page as to what the Vikes need to improve on with respect to next year.
    I gotta believe it can't be lost on them.
    For some reason, I have faith now, like I've not had for years.
    I believe they will address the needs and we will win 10 to 13 games next year.
    This is a team on the rise due to the last couple of drafts and (as unpopular as it is), a coach who is sticking to his guns.
    Thanks for the comments.

It will actually turn into two documents.
    One that I track during FA and one that I track during the draft.

AGain, I get pretty anal about this and will update refined it several times a week.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...s/default.aspx

This is a pretty interesting link.
    Might be helpfull later on as we look at who might get jettisoned by a team.

Funny thing when you look at our median salary stayed about the same but we are way down from the 2006 Payroll

Year Median salary Total Payroll

$ 769,000
    $ 92,161,921

$ 751,430
    $ 125,025,909

$ 596,160
    $ 85,405,909

$ 642,000
    $ 92,407,989

$ 680,500
    $ 85,719,851

$ 551,125
    $ 43,549,384

$ 477,000
    $ 47,086,528

$ 546,900
    $ 53,319,800

2007 / Minnesota Vikings

Player
    Base Salary
    Sign Bonus
    Other Bonus
    Total Salary
    Cap Value
    Position

Alexander, Rufus
    $ 285,000
    $ 112,750
    $ 0
    $ 302,750
    $ 218,187
    LB

Allison, Aundrae
    $ 285,000
    $ 179,500
    $ 0
    $ 464,500
    $ 329,875
    WR

Birk, Matt
    $ 4,630,000
    $ 3,840,378
    $ 401,680
    $ 5,031,680
    $ 5,317,394
    OL

Bollinger, Brooks
    $ 750,000
    $ 0
    $ 550,000
    $ 800,000
    $ 1,000,000
    QB

Ciurciu, Vinny
    $ 595,000
    $ 562,500
    $ 212,500
    $ 1,370,000
    $ 995,000
    LB

Cook, Ryan
    $ 360,000
    $ 1,200,000
    $ 312,385
    $ 366,000
    $ 666,000
    OL

Daniels, Brian
    $ 0
    $ 0
    $ 0
    $ 201,176
    $ 0
    OL

Doss, Mike
    $ 595,000
    $ 150,000
    $ 255,000
    $ 903,125
    $ 903,125
    S

Dugan, Jeff
    $ 525,000
    $ 700,000
    $ 95,000
    $ 575,000
    $ 715,000
    TE

Edwards, Ray
    $ 360,000
    $ 393,000
    $ 6,000
    $ 366,000
    $ 464,250
    DE

Evans, Fred
    $ 360,000
    $ 0
    $ 0
    $ 360,000
    $ 360,000
    DT

Farwell, Heath
    $ 435,000
    $ 0
    $ 6,000
    $ 441,000
    $ 441,000
    LB

Ferguson, Robert
    $ 700,000
    $ 0
    $ 400,000
    $ 700,000
    $ 700,000
    WR

Gordon, Charles
    $ 360,000
    $ 0
    $ 6,000
    $ 366,000
    $ 366,000
    CB

Greenway, Chad
    $ 360,000
    $ 0
    $ 1,056,000
    $ 5,476,000
    $ 1,643,500
    LB

Griffin, Cedric
    $ 360,000
    $ 1,300,000
    $ 325,880
    $ 365,880
    $ 690,880
    CB

Henderson, E.J.
    $ 1,000,000
    $ 4,000,000
    $ 150,000
    $ 5,100,000
    $ 2,821,305
    LB

Herrera, Anthony
    $ 850,000
    $ 0
    $ 4,560
    $ 854,560
    $ 854,560
    OL

Hicks, Artis
    $ 950,000
    $ 600,000
    $ 6,000
    $ 956,000
    $ 956,000
    OL

Holcomb, Kelly
    $ 1,485,000
    $ 2,000,000
    $ 1,353,240
    $ 1,485,000
    $ 1,485,000
    QB

Hutchinson, Steve
    $ 2,035,000
    $ 10,000,000
    $ 2,650,000
    $ 2,085,000
    $ 6,685,000
    OL

Jackson, Tarvaris
    $ 360,000
    $ 820,000
    $ 241,000
    $ 366,000
    $ 571,000
    QB

James, Erasmus
    $ 387,500
    $ 0
    $ 50,000
    $ 387,500
    $ 2,765,500
    DE

Johnson, Chase
    $ 285,000
    $ 12,000
    $ 0
    $ 297,000
    $ 289,000
    OL

Johnson, Marcus
    $ 435,000
    $ 1,525,000
    $ 6,000
    $ 441,000
    $ 746,000
    OL

Johnson, Spencer
    $ 850,000
    $ 0
    $ 5,400
    $ 855,400
    $ 855,400
    DE

Jones, Braden
    $ 285,000
    $ 7,000
    $ 0
    $ 197,000
    $ 192,333
    TE

Kleinsasser, Jim
    $ 1,900,000
    $ 0
    $ 100,000
    $ 2,000,000
    $ 2,850,000
    TE

Kluwe, Chris
    $ 435,000
    $ 0
    $ 6,000
    $ 441,000
    $ 441,000
    K

Leber, Ben
    $ 865,000
    $ 3,000,000
    $ 1,177,500
    $ 1,415,000
    $ 2,592,500
    LB

Loeffler, Cullen
    $ 525,000
    $ 500,000
    $ 20,000
    $ 545,000
    $ 645,000
    OL

Longwell, Ryan
    $ 820,000
    $ 3,000,000
    $ 2,520
    $ 822,520
    $ 1,422,520
    K

McCauley, Marcus
    $ 285,000
    $ 786,000
    $ 0
    $ 1,071,000
    $ 481,500
    CB

McKinnie, Bryant
    $ 850,000
    $ 13,500,000
    $ 500,000
    $ 1,100,000
    $ 5,024,500
    OL

Mills, Garrett
    $ 360,000
    $ 462,500
    $ 6,720
    $ 360,000
    $ 360,000
    TE

Mitchell, Jayme
    $ 360,000
    $ 0
    $ 6,000
    $ 366,000
    $ 366,000
    DE

Moore, Mewelde
    $ 510,000
    $ 394,000
    $ 5,040
    $ 515,040
    $ 613,540
    RB

Mozes, Dan
    $ 285,000
    $ 20,000
    $ 0
    $ 210,000
    $ 196,666
    OL

Peterson, Adrian (Okl)
    $ 285,000
    $ 3,000,000
    $ 3,955,000
    $ 4,540,000
    $ 2,040,000
    RB

Rice, Sidney
    $ 285,000
    $ 1,316,000
    $ 726,500
    $ 1,601,000
    $ 614,000
    WR

Richardson, Tony
    $ 820,000
    $ 0
    $ 147,500
    $ 845,000
    $ 845,000
    RB

Robison, Brian
    $ 285,000
    $ 484,000
    $ 0
    $ 769,000
    $ 406,000
    DE

Scott, Darrion
    $ 850,000
    $ 0
    $ 4,920
    $ 854,920
    $ 854,920
    DE

Sharper, Darren
    $ 2,900,000
    $ 1,000,000
    $ 150,000
    $ 3,000,000
    $ 3,250,000
    S

Shiancoe, Odai
    $ 1,100,000
    $ 5,000,000
    $ 2,300,000
    $ 8,200,000
    $ 4,200,000
    TE

Smith, Dwight
    $ 1,600,000
    $ 0
    $ 600,000
    $ 2,200,000
    $ 2,200,000
    S

Tahi, Naufahu
    $ 360,000
    $ 0
    $ 5,760
    $ 365,760
    $ 365,760
    RB

Taylor, Chester
    $ 2,400,000
    $ 3,000,000
    $ 101,320
    $ 2,401,320
    $ 3,151,320
    RB

Thomas, Dontarrious
    $ 510,000
    $ 1,045,000
    $ 5,520
    $ 515,520
    $ 878,438
    LB

Udeze, Kenechi
    $ 649,750
    $ 0
    $ 50,000
    $ 649,750
    $ 2,001,584
    DE

Wade, Bobby
    $ 950,000
    $ 2,000,000
    $ 3,700,000
    $ 4,000,000
    $ 4,800,000
    WR

Whitaker, Ronyell
    $ 435,000
    $ 0
    $ 5,520
    $ 440,520
    $ 440,520
    CB

Williams, Kevin (DT)
    $ 3,000,000
    $ 5,500,000
    $ 500,000
    $ 9,000,000
    $ 6,209,249
    DT

Williams, Pat
    $ 2,650,000
    $ 3,750,000
    $ 13,550,000
    $ 6,750,000
    $ 17,804,168
    DT

Williams, Tank
    $ 595,000
    $ 0
    $ 40,000
    $ 635,000
    $ 475,000
    S

Williamson, Troy
    $ 435,000
    $ 0
    $ 1,500,000
    $ 435,000
    $ 4,949,000
    WR

Winfield, Antoine
    $ 4,900,000
    $ 0
    $ 100,000
    $ 5,000,000
    $ 5,000,000
    CB

"Schutz" wrote:
    Miami- I think they might go after a QB, a lot of times teams that are in the crapper like the dolphins will go after the "guy".
    Maybe they want the next Marino.
    I either see Miami drafting a QB here, or moving down further in the draft and picking up some later picks.

Rams- This is a tough one because I don't follow the Rams.
    But if I
    had to guess I'd say an OT probably.
    The Rams need to shore up some offensive problems and an OT to watch their QB's backside would help.

Jets- Can you say missing Curtis Martin?
    Is Mcfadden NFL eligible?
    If he his he'll be gone by the Jets.

Falcons- I agree, it's a QB almost no matter what.
    There's not much I could see changing their mind since they have nobody in the hole at QB.

Patriots- I'd look to see a linebacker here, outside chance at CB.
    The offense simply doesn't need help this year.
    I don't know off hand but the average age of the line backing core must be crazy old.
    They'll look for youth, and may draft two line backers in the draft.

Ravens- I don't see them getting a QB simply because the top two will be gone, and I could see them giving Troy Smith a chance.
    I'd bet my hat they get a CB.
    This depends if Suggs leaves too, if Suggs leaves I could see them drafting another DE/OLB.

Chiefs-
    This is a tough one, I don't think they'll get a QB.
    They have their RB.
    I personally see them drafting a WR or OL.

Raiders- Depending on who's on the board at this point I could definetly see the Raiders get a WR to go with Russel.
    They already have one young safety, they don't need another.

Things get crazy after this when things shift so much depending on who gets drafted so I'm not even going to try to BS my way through that, I'll just finish with the Vikings

Vikings-We won't draft another Rookie QB with the first pick of the draft unless someone like the number one pick dropped to us for no reason.
    Kind of sad that we probably won't make the playoffs and we have the number 21 pick though.
    I think we'll deal with DE in FA so no first round pick there.
    If I had to guess I would have to say we look for a Wide Out, but if a stud player drops to us in another need position we might pass up an OK receiver to get a stud.
    Great stuff.

As to Miami I still say they won't stay there.
    The Tuna will gut this team and start from scratch in most areas much the same way we saw the Vikes do it.
    He will want to get as many picks as he can get.
    Look for his GM to work the lines hard to deal that pick.

Still not sure that what he will think of Beck.
    I bet he has a Vet fill the role much the way he did in Dallas, Pats and NY when he was there and see what he can do with Beck or some guy no one has ever heard of.

Good call on Smith for the Ravens.
    Forgot about him.

KC.
    OL all the way.
    Keeps young QB safe and keeps LJ healthy.

Again, great stuff.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Good post, I was wondering when the 2008 Draft post would begin.

A few points below:

1- Fish - yes, the Tuna will always pick defense, defense, defense...I say Chris Long of Virginia.
    2- Rams - another Long...Michigan OT (Jake).
    3- Jets - I think they need a big receiver...maybe Sweed of Texas. Otherwise a LB.
    4- Falcons - QB Matt Ryan.
    5- Pats - they should give their pick to the Dolphins.
    ;D but probably the big guy from LSU, Glenn Dorsey...scary them getting a 5th pick.
    6- Ravens - I see them picking a lineman or LB, maybe Ellis of USC.
    7- Chiefs - first, a new Head Coach...then Chris Williams of Vanderbilt.

This is fun...might be a little early for specific picks, but what the heck.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Great post Marrdro....I am also addicted to doing mock drafts and I also start when the Vikes are out of the running, I am not going to do a mock until we are officialy out of it. I dont see us wasting a pick on a QB, we will either pick up a veteran to back up Tarvaris or just stick with what we have since the Eagles have already said that McNabb will be back as the starter next year.

We never should have let Tyler Thigpen go.... >

"VikingMike" wrote:
    Good post, I was wondering when the 2008 Draft post would begin.

A few points below:

1- Fish - yes, the Tuna will always pick defense, defense, defense...I say Chris Long of Virginia.
    2- Rams - another Long...Michigan OT (Jake).
    3- Jets - I think they need a big receiver...maybe Sweed of Texas. Otherwise a LB.
    4- Falcons - QB Matt Ryan.
    5- Pats - they should give their pick to the Dolphins.
    ;D but probably the big guy from LSU, Glenn Dorsey...scary them getting a 5th pick.
    6- Ravens - I see them picking a lineman or LB, maybe Ellis of USC.
    7- Chiefs - first, a new Head Coach...then Chris Williams of Vanderbilt.

This is fun...might be a little early for specific picks, but what the heck.
    Great stuff.
    I haven't started to track all the players yet.
    I usually wait until the underclassmen declare before I actually start looking at players and ranking them by round and were they should go.

I think I am gonna go ahead and step off the deepend and get a Ourlads subscription this year.

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Great post Marrdro....I am also addicted to doing mock drafts and I also start when the Vikes are out of the running, I am not going to do a mock until we are officialy out of it. I dont see us wasting a pick on a QB, we will either pick up a veteran to back up Tarvaris or just stick with what we have since the Eagles have already said that McNabb will be back as the starter next year.

We never should have let Tyler Thigpen go.... >

I'm with you on the additiction.
    Makes the offseason go by faster.

Also agree on Thigpen but believe that is a indicator that they will continue to address probably the most important position on a team via the draft until they get it right.

Not saying they will give up on TJ but think if the right guy falls they will take him as well as (I hope and pray) go after a suitable Vet to add some security to the position as either a starter or as a servicable backup.

Great stuff.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast