Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Re: 2008 draftees to get their chance

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I can agree on the Tyrell Johnson / Sharper change, but i think Birk would have outplayed Sullivan.
    Sullivan stepps up, we're the team to beat.
    I hear ya, and I know I am of the minority on this, however, I just don't think Matt was playing all that well.
    At least not in this scheme.

I wish him well, however, rumors out of Ravens camp is they are going to look at a ZB scheme.

:
    I know he wasn't top notch anymore, it's just not knowing on what level Sullivan plays is what is bothering me.
    Out with the Old, in with the New is a good thing but not when the Old was better than the new
    Did you see the post I made about the High School coach and what he told me?

Readers digest version.
    He is a Vikes fan and said we can't run screens cause our C can't pull anymore.
    He pointed out that we have tried more and more to run the screen in the middle of the field instead of out to the side because of Matts limitations.

Anyway, I haven't had the time to look, but I do remember seeing some funky screens were everything was all mucked up in the middle of the field.

Anyway, long story short, if for no other reason that we can start to see a C pulling again, I think we won't miss Matt as much as some contend.
    That would explain a lot .... always liked Birk ... great guy but if he lost a step or two it explains why we keep screwing the pooch on our outside screens.
    +1

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "thatjusthappened28" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=oaklandzoo24 link=topic=51113.msg925290#msg925290 date=1237744228]
    Yep, AD was a great pick.
    We could have very well ended up going after Brady Quinn there, pretty happy as of yet that we didnt.
    We also needed a receiver so we might have gone after Ted Ginn Jr.
    AD > Ted Ginn.
    Or Jamaal Anderson since we could have used a DE (total bust).
    If there is a guy who has the ability of AD in spot where you can nab him, I think no matter what your needs are, you should draft him.
    Ahhhhh the Ted Ginn Jr crowd. We had a bunch of those crotchsniffers running around on here........Strangley quiet now though..

;D
    Hahaha... I've had some dolphins fans tell me "Oh, he's great, he had 1 175 yard game once!!!... just wait, he'll break out this season, its his 3rd season, the year most WR's break out"
    haha even if he does break out with a great season this year... AD has two on him, and unless he gets hurt *knock on wood* i don't think AD will have a "bad" season
    I hope AD is like Tomlinson, in that a "bad" season for him means he only gets 1100 yards and 11 td's

also something I'd like to point out, I was looking at LT's career stats (which are rediculous btw, never had under 10 TD's or 1100 rushing yards in a season) his rookie year he had 8 fumbles, in 2004 he had 6 fumbles.
    this season peterson had 9 fumbles, which is fairly close to LT, but you don't see people bitching about him.
    Actually, with last years play, and him not playing in that big playoff game a couple years back, there was a lot of bitching about LT.

[/quote]

yes, but none of it involved his fumbles, just general play, which actually wasn't bad, just not "elite"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"thorshammer" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I can agree on the Tyrell Johnson / Sharper change, but i think Birk would have outplayed Sullivan.
    I hear ya, and I know I am of the minority on this, however, I just don't think Matt was playing all that well.

I wish him well, however, rumors out of Ravens camp is they are going to look at a ZB scheme.

:
    I know he wasn't top notch anymore, it's just not knowing on what level Sullivan plays is what is bothering me.
    Out with the Old, in with the New is a good thing but not when the Old was better than the new

Readers digest version.
    He pointed out that we have tried more and more to run the screen in the middle of the field instead of out to the side because of Matts limitations.

Anyway, I haven't had the time to look, but I do remember seeing some funky screens were everything was all mucked up in the middle of the field.

Anyway, long story short, if for no other reason that we can start to see a C pulling again, I think we won't miss Matt as much as some contend.
    That would explain a lot .... always liked Birk ... great guy but if he lost a step or two it explains why we keep screwing the pooch on our outside screens.
    +1
    I think it has a lot to do with the change of schemes.
    Birks always been known as a great pulling Center.... last few seasons I haven't seen him pulling very much at all... mostly the G and T

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "thorshammer" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=51113.msg925236#msg925236 date=1237729184]

:

Readers digest version.

+1
    I think it has a lot to do with the change of schemes.
    Birks always been known as a great pulling Center.... last few seasons I haven't seen him pulling very much at all... mostly the G and T
    [/quote]
    Can't imagine a scheme that uses screens were a C doesn't pull.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123