Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

2008 draftees to get their chance

The Vikings’ 2008 may have been more productive than first thought. As the depth chart for the Vikings stands right now, Tyrell Johnson and John Sullivan would both be starters.

http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=848939

On a side note.
    Some of the stuff about were the Vikes staff has been for prodays is expanded on in a nice insider article.
    Suffice it to say, the scouts and coaches are logging some frequent flyer miles for sure.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2008 draftees to get their chance

"Marrdro" wrote:
    The Vikings’ 2008 may have been more productive than first thought. As the depth chart for the Vikings stands right now, Tyrell Johnson and John Sullivan would both be starters.

On a side note.
    Some of the stuff about were the Vikes staff has been for prodays is expanded on in a nice insider article.
    Suffice it to say, the scouts and coaches are logging some frequent flyer miles for sure.
    I love the fact that we are replacing dependable vets with unknown youngsters...We all kno how everyone of the young guys that were tosed into the fire under this regime has feared....We are taking steps back. Soon Winfield turns 33 and he has to go, Add pat to the list and Leber. Suddenly we are in rebuilding mode....Our window is closing.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

Yep seems like we are rebuilding all of a sudden

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

On a side note.
    that means absolutely nothing... Marcus Johnson, Troy Williamson, Ryan Cook, Tarvaris Jackson, Marcus McCauley.
    All of those players were drafted and started, doesn't mean they should have been.
    Having a player start by default, does not make it magically turn into a good pick.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

On a side note.
    I love the fact that we are replacing dependable vets with unknown youngsters...We all kno how everyone of the young guys that were tosed into the fire under this regime has feared....We are taking steps back. Soon Winfield turns 33 and he has to go, Add pat to the list and Leber. Suddenly we are in rebuilding mode....Our window is closing.
    So you think teams never let Vets go?

Damn, go get Fran out of the closet, he'll fix the QB situation.

Comeon, the good teams know when to let players hit the street and the good ones always have someone on the bench ready to take his place.
    If they don't, then the good teams go out and sign a FA to take his place.

My guess is that the brain trust at Winter Park doesn't have the same concerns as you do I'm guessing I'm guessing I'm guessing.......

Rebuilding, .......Window is closing my ass.
    Teams that are devoid of talent rebuild. The cupboard is far from bare and isn't getting bare any time soon.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I can agree on the Tyrell Johnson / Sharper change, but i think Birk would have outplayed Sullivan.
    Sullivan stepps up, we're the team to beat.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

You have to have faith in the talent evaluation of our scouts and coaches. The coaches then have to develope them. I expect growth every year from the last three or four drafts, as they now form the nucleus of this team. The life blood of a team depends on picking talent wisely,
    in the salary cap era, the youngsters need to produce now, with minimal developement time.

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    I can agree on the Tyrell Johnson / Sharper change, but i think Birk would have outplayed Sullivan.
    I hear ya, and I know I am of the minority on this, however, I just don't think Matt was playing all that well.
    At least not in this scheme.

I wish him well, however, rumors out of Ravens camp is they are going to look at a ZB scheme.
    :

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I hear ya, and I know I am of the minority on this, however, I just don't think Matt was playing all that well.
    At least not in this scheme.

I wish him well, however, rumors out of Ravens camp is they are going to look at a ZB scheme.

:
    I know he wasn't top notch anymore, it's just not knowing on what level Sullivan plays is what is bothering me.
    Out with the Old, in with the New is a good thing but not when the Old was better than the new
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

On a side note.
    that means absolutely nothing... Marcus Johnson, Troy Williamson, Ryan Cook, Tarvaris Jackson, Marcus McCauley.
    All of those players were drafted and started, doesn't mean they should have been.
    Having a player start by default, does not make it magically turn into a good pick.
    So now you are lumping MJ and TWill in with the draft classes of the new regime?

As to your point, you are correct (I guess), just because they started cause there was no one better on the roster, doesn't equate to a good pick, however, if they continue to start or at least provide some reps as a backup, my guess is they are good enough to atleast get a nod as a good pick.

Quick question, do you consider AD a good pick or a great pick?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast