Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2007 NFL Mock Draft Picks

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    If the Vikings don't trade or sign a couple good WR's in FA, they better do what they can to trade up and get Calvin Johnson.. That is our biggest need at this time, and it would be a great start to add him to our team..

I'de love to see a talent such as CJ's, come to us via a draft trade move. We surely would have to move up to get him. I don't believe he will be there for the #4 pick even.....He will surely go in the top 3.

But it is a known fact, Childress doesn't believe in first round WR picks, he has said so himself....

So if that ends up being the case, I say we go after our next pressing need , and thats at the DE position.

With that said, I'de like to see us get Gaines Adams, out of Clemson

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:

I'de love to see a talent such as CJ's, come to us via a draft trade move. We surely would have to move up to get him. I don't believe he will be there for the #4 pick even.....He will surely go in the top 3.

But it is a known fact, Childress doesn't believe in first round WR picks, he has said so himself....

So if that ends up being the case, I say we go after our next pressing need , and thats at the DE position.

Where is it that he said that?

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    If the Vikings don't trade or sign a couple good WR's in FA, they better do what they can to trade up and get Calvin Johnson.. That is our biggest need at this time, and it would be a great start to add him to our team..

Or Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas if Gains is gone, I wouldn't mind if the Vikes trade down in the 1st and picked up another 2nd round pick and take Dwayne Jarret WR from USC around the 12 or 14th pick.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Laron Landry 5th? Not a chance.

The Cardinals have Adrian Wilson.

And Landry is nowhere near that valuable of a pick. He's not Sean Taylor, he's not 6'3 230 and can run with almost every WR, hits like a mack truck, and just happens to be a ball hawk.

He's nowhere close to a number 5 pick.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Or Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas if Gains is gone, I wouldn't mind if the Vikes trade down in the 1st and picked up another 2nd round pick and take Dwayne Jarret WR from USC around the 12 or 14th pick.
    I wouldn't mind the trading down option. And from the statements coming from Spielman one could conclude that they are considering trading for many picks this year.

A player that is not mentioned as often, but who jumps in and out of the top of the mocks is Adrian Peterson. I'd say if we are cleanly going after bpa where we sit at #7 I wouldn't be opposed to us picking up him. Even if it is far from our greatest need.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

There are a few players that might score big with on offense that we should be able to get after the 1st round.

RB Michael Bush who played for the Cardinals he broke his leg in the 1st game of the 2006 season and is a big powerful back that is fast, he is around 6' 3" 250lbs and runs like a 4.45 in the 40 before he was hurt.
    Have to see how well he rebounds from the broken leg and if he is in shape and how fast he is at the combine.

WR Robert Meachem Tennessee is a good WR and he is also around 6' 3"
    205lbs and is a good fast receiver with good hands and he might make it to the 3rd round.

RB Gary Russell Minnesota 5' 11" 215lbs 4.5 40
    Very good back but was a bit of a headcase and didn't want to study he became academically ineligible at Minnesota and missed last year,
    but he has great vision, can hit the holes and is fast enough to get outside and is a threat to go the distance on any run, also a good receiving back.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

vikesD is offline Rookie

you gotta wait for FA to determine a good mock draft. What if Raiders sign a QB in FA or Detroit.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345