[size=13pt]2007 NFL Combine: Biggest Losers[/size]

Posted Feb 25th 2007 2:15PM by Ryan Wilson

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2007 NFL Combine: Biggest Losers

An NFL First: Reporters Watching Combine Workout
    Posted February 25, 2007 by Roy Cummings
    Updated Feb 25, 2007 at 05:42 PM
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]NFL Combine Risers and Sliders[/size]

Fast 40 times help draft prospects improve their stock
    By Tony Pauline, Special to SI.com

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Ii don't know a lot about Anthony Gonzalez/WR/Ohio State. Sounds like he has something.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Ii don't know a lot about Anthony Gonzalez/WR/Ohio State. Sounds like he has something.
    I've been calling for the Vikings to try to draft him for a couple months now.
    I like him better than Ted Ginn, that's for sure.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I've been saying this for a couple of weeks now but don't seem to get much of a response...
    Unless we can move up to Cleveland's spot and pick up Calvin Johnson and be absolutely sure we'd get him, I think the Vikes should trade down. This kid Gonzalez/WR/Ohio State is going to be available at a later pickup. This draft is deep in wide receivers that will go in the middle or the late first round. Picking up a second or third round pick for dropping down 10 or 12 slots will allow the Vikes to trade for a for a good FA pickup. Plus even if you trade the high round pick for moving down, we'll still have a second round pick to select a tight end. It's a win/win deal. It seems to me that we should give up out #7 pick and pick him up Gonzalez at a lower position. He probably won't even go in the first round. We could get at least another 2nd round pick as well as a first round pick and if we throw in Smoot, we could get even more.
    Tell me why this is NOT a good idea?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I've been saying this for a couple of weeks now but don't seem to get much of a response...
    Unless we can move up to Cleveland's spot and pick up Calvin Johnson and be absolutely sure we'd get him, I think the Vikes should trade down. This kid Gonzalez/WR/Ohio State is going to be available at a later pickup. It seems to me that we should give up out #7 pick and pick him up at a lower position. He probably won't even go in the first round. We could get at least another 2nd rou9nd pick as well as a first round pick and if we throw in Smoot, we could get even more.
    It's a great idea. It's exactly what I hope will happen.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Unless we can move up to Cleveland's spot and pick up Calvin Johnson and be absolutely sure we'd get him, I think the Vikes should trade down. This kid Gonzalez/WR/Ohio State is going to be available at a later pickup. It seems to me that we should give up out #7 pick and pick him up at a lower position. He probably won't even go in the first round. We could get at least another 2nd rou9nd pick as well as a first round pick and if we throw in Smoot, we could get even more.
    I'm all for trading down and think we will.
    As far as Smoot is concerned, his payscale for his production is too high and he has a relatively low street value right now....maybe a package of oreos (single-stuff) and a half gallon of skim milk with no glass.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I'm all for trading down and think we will.
    As far as Smoot is concerned, his payscale for his production is too high and he has a relatively low street value right now....maybe a package of oreos (single-stuff) and a half gallon of skim milk with no glass.
    I'm all for getting the best value for your draft picks whether it's trading up, trading down or staying put.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Man I love this time of year.
    My vote would be Jamarcus Russell or Troy Smith.
    Both came in out of shape/over weight etc.

Now the rumors will start in earnest...... ;D

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...m?mode=default
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast