Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: 2006 Free Agents...

Chavous is the best SS available in FA no matter what anyone says. He just turned 29 like two weeks ago so he isn't too old. I think he has to stay.

Chavous D.O.B. 01/05/1976

Ed Reed D.O.B. 09/11/1978

There is the facts, and people think of Ed Reed as a young, up and coming safety and he is only 2 and a half years younger than our current safety.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

Petersen may be the missing link. Our LB core has been the weakness for many years. That is assuming we get a shot at some decent O lineman and/or Onterio comes back with his head on straight. Even if we need a Running back, I don't tihnk we need to go after Alexander or James.

And there are a lot of decent QBs out there that can take a well coached team a long ways so I am not too worried about that. The Vikes have done it with just about everyone. Jeff George, Randall Cunningham, Jim McMahon, etc.

D line seems solid, but we need speed rushers. Better bring back Johnstone, he is the best we have. Any of our LB can go, I don't think we would miss them, although they played much better this year.

We seem pretty solid at DB with exception of Saftey. Spend some money there or I am up for giving Offord a chance. He had a great preseason. CBs Edwards looks promising.

I guess, no question, 1. LB 2. O line 3. RB 4. QB

Address in that order

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

all i can say is bring in atleast 2 good linebackers fa or draft, and a safety who can cover and hit like a truck; any weakness we have on our team will be challenged, if they do this i will be so excited and not feel like we will loose any games this year.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"brbitker" wrote:
    How about John Abraham and Kyle Van Den Bosch...they can compete for starting spots with Udeze and James.
    Our money would be better spent elsewhere...like at LB and SS on D...and at RB and OT on offense!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    Chavous is the best SS available in FA no matter what anyone says. He just turned 29 like two weeks ago so he isn't too old. I think he has to stay.

Chavous D.O.B. 01/05/1976

Ed Reed D.O.B. 09/11/1978

There is the facts, and people think of Ed Reed as a young, up and coming safety and he is only 2 and a half years younger than our current safety.
    You may be right...I may be crazy...but it just may be a lunatic (Sean Taylor) you're looking for...(one who can) turn out the lights...
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i agree no offense to the other guy though but if it was my money i'd be throwing it around to get 1 or 2 linebackers who FIT the team, and a safety because we really need one. everything else isn't so bad and can be filled in with cheaper players and draftees now rather than big money players. i just kinda think they need to spread the money around and not be stupid like detroit and have 3 wide receiver contracts which cost a lot all expire in about 2-3 years apart cause that hurts.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

mn2181 is offline Training Camp

I think the most important thing for our team to add is 1. LB 2. O-Line(guard) 3. RB 5. Safety. We definitely need to add either Peterson, Witherspoon, or Arrington and hopefully 2 of the three if possible. If we only get one of them we need to pick up another good lb from FA or the 1st day of the draft. Then we should definitely get Hutchinson and Runyan(has experience with Childress's system). We should then add a RB hopefully Lewis or Foster they are the ony ones who will be cheap enough to be worth signing, why waste like 10 mill. a year on Alexander. Won't Priest Holmes also be available? I also agree that safety would be great to gain, we should try to get Archuleta or Williams. For our FA we should resign K Rob., Brian Williams, and Edinger.

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

if brad leaves i do think a good back up would be Warner or Kitna but Kitna might be too much and if we spend a lot of money on a running back i say we had better try for Deshaun Foster and get rid of bennett if we got Foster our backfield would be stacked and Moe has to retire and maybe even get rid of fason

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I doubt BJ will leave. If he does I believe Kitna/Weinke would be the best bet.

As for RB's, if we could get Edge/Lewis I would be happy.

As for WR's, if we resign K-Rob, and put Reggie Wayne on the other side that would be sweet.

We should really look to resign B-Will, he is awesome. Archeluta would be a great pickup as well.

~~~Free Agency~~~
    1. Steve hutchinson
    2. Julian peterson
    3. Resign Koren Robinson
    4. Joe Nedney (I like his numbers 26/28 93%)
    5. Lance Schulters

~~~Draft~~~
    1. Lendale White
    2. Max Jean-Gilles
    3. Kai Parham

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345