Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
  1. #21
    brbitker is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    94

    Re: 2006 Free Agents...

    I'd like to see them let go of Corey Chavous and Brian Williams and sign Adam Archuleta and Will Allen.

  2. #22
    XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    304

    Re: 2006 Free Agents...

    1. Julian Peterson
    2. Steve Hutchinson
    3. Adam Archuleta

    Peterson is a beast, when healthy. Hutchinson is a key part of the success of Shaun Alexander. Archuleta would be a great replacement for Chavous -- he's very versatile... great for blitzing.

    With Brian Williams going, we need a capable nickel... so we should go after Jerry Azumah, Fahkir Brown, or Will Allen. I'd love to have Allen's speed here.

    Match all offers for Burleson, lock Koren up long-term.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,100

    Re: 2006 Free Agents...

    Adam Archuleta would be a good fit here. He would be a nice hard hitting safety like Lynch. I think as long as if he isnt the focal point of the defense he should be fine in minnesota.

  4. #24
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,312

    Re: 2006 Free Agents...

    While we are obviously bored due to our lack of playoffs :cussing: These lists are hard to look at right now because half of them are gonna be re-signed before the free agency period anyways.
    Drew Brees, Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Adam Viniateiri, DeShuan Foster and Ricky Manning all included. Hell, Wayne, Viniateiri and Manning are all reported to have deals worked out just waiting til after the playoffs to tie up loose ends.
    Now of the ones that look like they are VERY likely to be available ... I would love Archaletta and Peterson to come in here ... and if the Colts in fact leave Vanderjagt out to dry I would not mind him ... but wishing for Edge or Alexander is a little far off based so I am gonna do my best to not dream about that :lol:
    I definitely would not mind Warner as a back-up QB, but look for someone to offer him compeition for the starting gig ... so go after Kitna if we let BJ go.

  5. #25
    XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    304

    Re: 2006 Free Agents...

    Although I'd like to bring in a back that can carry a load, I'm not sure that will happen.

    Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but...

    "• Bringing in Brad Childress might have helped save Michael Bennett from shopping for a new address. Bennett, an unrestricted free agent in March, was recruited by Childress to Wisconsin and appears to fit Childress' style of offense. Also, Childress said RB Onterrio Smith had a "clean slate" with the new coaching staff." - Whispers Around the NFL, ESPN Insider.

  6. #26
    MrGopher16's Avatar
    MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: 2006 Free Agents...

    "XxS2TheEvoxX" wrote:
    Although I'd like to bring in a back that can carry a load, I'm not sure that will happen.

    Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but...

    "• Bringing in Brad Childress might have helped save Michael Bennett from shopping for a new address. Bennett, an unrestricted free agent in March, was recruited by Childress to Wisconsin and appears to fit Childress' style of offense. Also, Childress said RB Onterrio Smith had a "clean slate" with the new coaching staff." - Whispers Around the NFL, ESPN Insider.
    That being said it would seem like we wont be drafting a RB first round if we're keeping them all.
    ;-)

  7. #27
    vikes09's Avatar
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,260

    Re: 2006 Free Agents...

    id really like to keep chavous. he's played very well, and had 80 or so tackles this year. peterson would be awesome, but is it really likely we'll get him, b/c the niners dont really have much else to retain player-wise. other than that resign krob, bwill (if possible), fonoti, and let bennet and moe go.

  8. #28
    brbitker is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    94

    Re: 2006 Free Agents...

    "MrGopher16" wrote:
    "XxS2TheEvoxX" wrote:
    Although I'd like to bring in a back that can carry a load, I'm not sure that will happen.

    Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but...

    "• Bringing in Brad Childress might have helped save Michael Bennett from shopping for a new address. Bennett, an unrestricted free agent in March, was recruited by Childress to Wisconsin and appears to fit Childress' style of offense. Also, Childress said RB Onterrio Smith had a "clean slate" with the new coaching staff." - Whispers Around the NFL, ESPN Insider.
    That being said it would seem like we wont be drafting a RB first round if we're keeping them all.
    That's great!!! Hopefully we'll use our 1st rounder on Chad Greenway if he's available...if not, another good LB would work (Abdul Hodge).

  9. #29
    MrGopher16's Avatar
    MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: 2006 Free Agents...

    "brbitker" wrote:
    "MrGopher16" wrote:
    "XxS2TheEvoxX" wrote:
    Although I'd like to bring in a back that can carry a load, I'm not sure that will happen.

    Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but...

    "• Bringing in Brad Childress might have helped save Michael Bennett from shopping for a new address. Bennett, an unrestricted free agent in March, was recruited by Childress to Wisconsin and appears to fit Childress' style of offense. Also, Childress said RB Onterrio Smith had a "clean slate" with the new coaching staff." - Whispers Around the NFL, ESPN Insider.
    That being said it would seem like we wont be drafting a RB first round if we're keeping them all.
    That's great!!! Hopefully we'll use our 1st rounder on Chad Greenway if he's available...if not, another good LB would work (Abdul Hodge).
    Agreed
    ;-)

  10. #30
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: 2006 Free Agents...

    OK, so now that we got the Tampa 2 defense we need some linebackers...

    My suggestions:

    Draft one, an athletic one
    and/or
    Sign Julian Peterson
    and/or
    Trade for Lavar Arrington (would be easy, he's in bad with his DC, a draft pick?)

    A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Free agents not free, as first week shows
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 03:23 PM
  2. 2007 Free Agents (2006 Contract Year)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 02:03 AM
  3. 2006 Free Agents (by expected $ signing bonus)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 08:52 AM
  4. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 08:20 AM
  5. 2006 Free Agents
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-19-2005, 04:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •