Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: 2005 draft worst ever in Vikings history?

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=45188.msg785901#msg785901 date=1212068630]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=45188.msg785272#msg785272 date=1211986797]
    I actually think we sucked at drafting during the whole McCombs era.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...4541#msg734541
    I don't argue that opinion. I think the talent scouts and FO really let Tice down by failing to identify talent, draft them and then use their cap master to sign vets when necessary. It was one big going out of business liquidation sale except for the overinflated culpepper contract.
    Yea, I don't blame Tice for the selections that were made. Everyone knows the FO is in charge of the draft.
    ;D
    And Studwell and Bryzzy were two of the key people in that FO just as they are now. so what has changed?
    The people evaluating the talent.
    Someone posted on here once that this staff only has one more scout under this new regime.
    I have never been able to validate that but I believe it is false.

My understanding is that our scouting staff was bare bones, had no money to travel to see the kids and never really had the ability to scout as many schools as this staff, under Studwell, can now.

As far as Bryzcheapski, I really don't think he evaluates talent but rather just figures out how to sign them.

Professional Biography

As Rob Brzezinski enters his 16th season in the NFL and 10th with the Minnesota Vikings in 2008, the team is positioned for long-term success with a very favorable salary cap situation and several core players recently signed to long-term contracts. Brzezinski joined the Vikings in 1999 as Director of Football Administration and was promoted to Vice President of Football Administration in 2001. He was elevated to his current position as Vice President of Football Operations in 2002.

In his current role, Brzezinski works closely with Head Coach Brad Childress and Vice President of Player Personnel Rick Spielman on all football-related strategic planning and roster decisions. Brzezinski is also responsible for management and strategic planning of the salary cap, negotiation of player contracts, football operations and administration, team operations, medical and training staff, equipment, video, and player development. He has also represented the Vikings at the League meetings.
    http://www.vikings.com/TeamFrontOffi...rzezinski.aspx
    [/quote]

I don't think there is any doubt that Wilf has allowed a much larger staff and budget than Red did. We may indeed only have one more scout but my guess is the whole scouting staff has a much more extensive support staff under them and certainly has a better staff over them that is giving them the resources to do a more thorough evaluation of the talent VS. just confirming they have a pulse and checking their youtube highlights.
    [/quote]
    LOL, excellent post my friend.

Again, I wish I could remember who posted that, but I believe you are correct.
    Alot more emphasis has been put on (My opinion) on Studwells processes, procedures and support staff.
    Probably because of the focus to build through the draft.

By the way, have I said lately how much I like our Ownership group.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: 2005 draft worst ever in Vikings history?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=45188.msg785903#msg785903 date=1212068829]
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=45188.msg785901#msg785901 date=1212068630]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=45188.msg785272#msg785272 date=1211986797]
    I actually think we sucked at drafting during the whole McCombs era.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...4541#msg734541
    I don't argue that opinion. I think the talent scouts and FO really let Tice down by failing to identify talent, draft them and then use their cap master to sign vets when necessary. It was one big going out of business liquidation sale except for the overinflated culpepper contract.
    Yea, I don't blame Tice for the selections that were made. Everyone knows the FO is in charge of the draft.
    ;D
    And Studwell and Bryzzy were two of the key people in that FO just as they are now. so what has changed?
    The people evaluating the talent.
    Someone posted on here once that this staff only has one more scout under this new regime.
    I have never been able to validate that but I believe it is false.

My understanding is that our scouting staff was bare bones, had no money to travel to see the kids and never really had the ability to scout as many schools as this staff, under Studwell, can now.

As far as Bryzcheapski, I really don't think he evaluates talent but rather just figures out how to sign them.

Professional Biography

As Rob Brzezinski enters his 16th season in the NFL and 10th with the Minnesota Vikings in 2008, the team is positioned for long-term success with a very favorable salary cap situation and several core players recently signed to long-term contracts. Brzezinski joined the Vikings in 1999 as Director of Football Administration and was promoted to Vice President of Football Administration in 2001. He was elevated to his current position as Vice President of Football Operations in 2002.

In his current role, Brzezinski works closely with Head Coach Brad Childress and Vice President of Player Personnel Rick Spielman on all football-related strategic planning and roster decisions. Brzezinski is also responsible for management and strategic planning of the salary cap, negotiation of player contracts, football operations and administration, team operations, medical and training staff, equipment, video, and player development. He has also represented the Vikings at the League meetings.
    http://www.vikings.com/TeamFrontOffi...rzezinski.aspx
    [/quote]

I don't think there is any doubt that Wilf has allowed a much larger staff and budget than Red did. We may indeed only have one more scout but my guess is the whole scouting staff has a much more extensive support staff under them and certainly has a better staff over them that is giving them the resources to do a more thorough evaluation of the talent VS. just confirming they have a pulse and checking their youtube highlights.
    [/quote]
    LOL, excellent post my friend.

Again, I wish I could remember who posted that, but I believe you are correct.
    Alot more emphasis has been put on (My opinion) on Studwells processes, procedures and support staff.
    Probably because of the focus to build through the draft.

By the way, have I said lately how much I like our Ownership group.
    ;D
    [/quote]

I find it hard to believe you would ever say that but I will note it for future reference

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345