Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: With the 17th pick of the 2008 NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings select

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "minnesotapride" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Kenny Phillips round 1.

Best receiver available round 2.
    i honestly dont think phillips will be there, i really want him to but i jsut dont think he will be
    Heres a mock draft that shows kenny phillips dropping to us. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=749667
    Not a bad draft but I think Denver won't take a OT that is 6'5" and 325 lbs to operate in thier version of the ZB scheme.
    Remember they like them small.
    Besides, I think they have bigger issues at secondary after thier two recent losses in the defensive backfield. No way Phillips gets past them IMHO.
    You have a great point Marrdro. Also there is speculation that John Lynch might retire so Phillips could be a possible replacement. In my mock draft I have Denver pick a LB but I might have to do a little bit of changing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "minnesotapride" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Kenny Phillips round 1.

i honestly dont think phillips will be there, i really want him to but i jsut dont think he will be
    Heres a mock draft that shows kenny phillips dropping to us. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=749667
    Not a bad draft but I think Denver won't take a OT that is 6'5" and 325 lbs to operate in thier version of the ZB scheme.
    Besides, I think they have bigger issues at secondary after thier two recent losses in the defensive backfield. No way Phillips gets past them IMHO.
    You have a great point Marrdro. Also there is speculation that John Lynch might retire so Phillips could be a possible replacement. In my mock draft I have Denver pick a LB but I might have to do a little bit of changing.
    Don't ya just luv this time of year.
    Sure wish we were playing now though.
    :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Ranger is offline Coach

Just say "NO" to Brennan.
    He's shit.
    A system quarterback who is hugely overrated.
    Why not pick up Tommy Chang and get the same thing?
    Please.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "minnesotapride" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Kenny Phillips round 1.

Well they took a 6'8 RT out of Colorado State two years ago, I think they might be adapting to these NFL speed rushers off the edge and getting themselves some big bookend tackles. Not to mention, Matt Lepsis is an 11 year veteran now.

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "minnesotapride" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Kenny Phillips round 1.

Well they took a 6'8 RT out of Colorado State two years ago, I think they might be adapting to these NFL speed rushers off the edge and getting themselves some big bookend tackles. Not to mention, Matt Lepsis is an 11 year veteran now.
    I guess you do have a point also Mr. A....Actually Matt Lepsis retired so they might draft his replacement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3176167

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "minnesotapride" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Kenny Phillips round 1.

Hey, I was very suprised to see they also have a gaurd over 300lbs.
    Damn Shannahan drafting them behemouths
    ;D

Nice catch Mr. A.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/roster?team=den
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

LLBalla19 is offline Training Camp

I think most def Phillips or Harvey from Florida. If both are taken I think Groves(DE) from Auburn.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

alot of variables right now it depends on combine and who drops and who falls. Desean Jackson may be there if the Vikes go for WR and there is also some nice OT that may be there as well. I am blanking on names but I remeber reading somewhere that there could be as many as 5 OT that could go in the 1st round.

LLBalla19 is offline Training Camp

Yeah we need to sure up that right side or the line. Cook just aint cuttin it. Pass Rush and THe safetys also. and mos def those receivers.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Anyone like Malcom Kelly from booner sooner land?
    Would he be a bit of a stretch at 17?
    The guy looks huge, has great hands and good speed.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast