Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: 08 season (who should we draft?)

    1 - The warmest welcome aboard.

    2 - You should go make an introduction of yourself in the Free Beer Forum

    3 - I'm a firm believer that we should, and will take the best OLman on the board with our remaining 2nd round pick.

    4 - We'll also take a DT at some point, and a QB late

    5 - take a look around, there are a lot of good threads here.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  2. #12
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 08 season (who should we draft?)

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    QB:
    I think we are fine for now, I would HATE to take Colt Brennan with anything but a 7th round pick.

    If ay of the better qb's fall to the 4th (like Flaccco, Henne, etc.)
    which i doubt, i wouldn't mind picking them up, but we have bigger priorities like:

    OT: Defenitally waht we need to look at with our 2nd rounder.
    Package some picks if nesecary and move up to get Sam Baker.
    I like this kid from USC, and he would be an excellent pick with our 2nd rounder.
    he could fill in for McKinney, and provide competition for Cook.
    If he does really well the first litthe while against the better DE's (Freeney, KGB, etc)
    he very well may play more, and big Mac goes on the trade block

    DT:
    I don't expect more than 3 more years out of Pat, we need a young guy to groom to be his eventual replacement.
    I'm not too familiar with the DT's in the draft aside from the top few, so i don't know who is out there, but we need a good pass rushing DT to play beside KWill in the next few years.

    CB: Face it, Winfield is getting older, and will soon not be too great, especially in coverage.
    We need to look for a young guy who is big and physical.
    Somewhere around a 5th or 6th round pick would be good I think

    Safety: We have FS, we now need someone to take over for Sharper soon.
    Again, not too familiar with who's out there.

    Centre: Birk doesn't have more than 2 or 3 years left in him.
    We need to find ourselves a guy who will take over and play at a high level.
    We might not find him in this draft, but we should start looking anyway.
    a 6 or 7 pick at most.

    my ideal draft
    (I may forget a pick or two)

    2:
    OT (Sam Baker)
    4: SS
    5: DT
    6: CB
    6: C
    7: QB
    No more CBS please..

    Even if you remove Winfield... we sill have Griffen and Mac starting with Gordon in the Nickel. We can get this next year. We also don't need a DT. We have 5. We don't know what Evans brings to the table. and we just signed Allen and Wyms. I doubt we go hat route. I agree a C would be nice bu we may just move cook back there although his heigh is not ideal. Lastly Qb should come off the board higher.
    so your saying you want our draft to go like this then

    2 WR
    4 WR
    5 WR
    6 QB
    6 QB
    7 QB
    Fixed...

    Seriously..

    2)WR
    4)QB
    5)OT
    6)TE
    6)S
    7)C
    Do you really think that we're going to waste a 2nd on a WR when there are more pressing needs, such as Who's going to play LT for the weeks that McKinney is gone?
    I think OT should be our #1 priority.
    What if McKinney F's up again and is gone for the season, who will play?

    QB should not be taken early IMO unless one of the top guys slips to the 4th round (unlikely)
    Its just not as pressing of a need, and all it does for us is gives us another project.
    no 4th round qb will step up day 1 and start winning games for us.

    I don't see us taking TE for the following reasons:
    Shiancoe
    Kleinsasser
    Mills
    Dugan


    Safety should be more of a priority, since Sharper is on the downside of his career, he won't be around for too many more years, then who do we play? Frampton??
    not unless he proves this season he can really play.

    The only pick of your i potentially agree with is taking a C in the 7th.

  3. #13
    capt.hrod is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    152

    Re: 08 season (who should we draft?)

    2-wr
    4-ot
    5-c
    6-te
    6-qb
    7-s


    NOW IS THE TIME TO BRING HOME THE RING !!!

  4. #14
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: 08 season (who should we draft?)

    2.
    OT Duane Brown
    4.
    QB Josh Johnson
    5.
    WR Steve Johnson
    6.
    SS Bobbie Williams
    6.
    C/G Fernando Velasco
    7.
    DE Eric Foster

    That would be ideal IMO.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  5. #15
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: 08 season (who should we draft?)

    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    2.
    OT Duane Brown
    4.
    QB Josh Johnson
    5.
    WR Steve Johnson
    6.
    SS Bobbie Williams
    6.
    C/G Fernando Velasco
    7.
    DE Eric Foster

    That would be ideal IMO.
    change the WR selection and u got it lol

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  6. #16
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: 08 season (who should we draft?)

    "kupietz" wrote:
    I think we're all in agreement that the vikings have had probably one of the most successful offseasons in history this year.
    They have been able to fill nearly every gaping hole that we've had through FAs and trades. We've had solid pick-ups with Berrian, Boulware, Frerotte, Sapp, and Allen.
    I also expect a big season out of our receiving core with Wade, Rice, Shiancoe, etc.
    But to do that TJack has to step-up and have a stellar year.
    But there are still some things that the vikes need... OT, CB, QB.

    QB: To be honest, our QBs are fairly decent, but none of them are SOLID and are capable of taking this team all the way.
    Don't get me wrong I love TJack, but i just hate waiting around for him to get better, and the vikes are set up to win now. I don't think they should use their first pick (47) on a QB, but if Michigan's Chad Henne falls there, he would definitely be hard to pass-up.
    Hawaii's Colt Brennan, i would love to see him fall to the 4th or 5th, or even possibly the 6th round and be there for the vikes to pick-up, but I honestly have no clue where he will get picked-up (due to his recent hip surgery), would love to see him wearing the purple and gold though.

    OT: As usual, the vikings have a solid offensive line, but one more solid OT would definitely go a long ways for us this year Here are a couple of guys that might still be around in the 2nd that i would like to see on the line for the vikes:
    Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh; Duane Brown, VT. Gosder Cherilus, Boston College; Sam Baker, USC: Carl Nicks, Nebraska

    CB: well i think we finally have a good secondary with Sharper and Boulware in the back, and Winfield and Griffin on the corners, we also picked-up Sapp from KC this year who will definitely help out, but we still need another shutdown guy for some depth. i mean there is no way we can go somewhere this year if we have a defense that ranks 28th in pass defense again.

    DE: GREAT PICK-UP with Allen, but that is still only one side of the line.
    Having Allen will help with the pass defense, and make our rush defense even better than it already is, but i would look for the vikes to pick another DE in one of the late rounds. I'm sure Erasmus will be hurt by the end of the first pre-season game and i don't think that Kenechi will be playing this year because of his medical situation.
    Robison is tough but we could do better. Not at all worried about a strong run stopper, but we really need another good rushing DE opposite Allen to help out our secondary with the pass defense.

    How do you guys think we should use our one pick in the first 3 rounds?????
    ??? I think you mean Madieu Williams.

  7. #17
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: 08 season (who should we draft?)

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    2.
    OT Duane Brown
    4.
    QB Josh Johnson
    5.
    WR Steve Johnson
    6.
    SS Bobbie Williams
    6.
    C/G Fernando Velasco
    7.
    DE Eric Foster

    That would be ideal IMO.
    change the WR selection and u got it lol
    To another WR or a different position?
    If there is a better guy there, I would take him in a heartbeat.
    I think we draft for value at every pick this season.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  8. #18
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: 08 season (who should we draft?)

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Do you really think that we're going to waste a 2nd on a WR when there are more pressing needs, such as Who's going to play LT for the weeks that McKinney is gone?
    I think OT should be our #1 priority.
    What if McKinney F's up again and is gone for the season, who will play?

    QB should not be taken early IMO unless one of the top guys slips to the 4th round (unlikely)
    Its just not as pressing of a need, and all it does for us is gives us another project.
    no 4th round qb will step up day 1 and start winning games for us.

    I don't see us taking TE for the following reasons:
    Shiancoe
    Kleinsasser
    Mills
    Dugan


    Safety should be more of a priority, since Sharper is on the downside of his career, he won't be around for too many more years, then who do we play? Frampton??
    not unless he proves this season he can really play.

    The only pick of your i potentially agree with is taking a C in the 7th.
    Do you think a rookie LT is going to come in and start? No... IF Mac is suspended, then one of the Tackles on our roster is going to take his place.

  9. #19
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 08 season (who should we draft?)

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Do you really think that we're going to waste a 2nd on a WR when there are more pressing needs, such as Who's going to play LT for the weeks that McKinney is gone?
    I think OT should be our #1 priority.
    What if McKinney F's up again and is gone for the season, who will play?

    QB should not be taken early IMO unless one of the top guys slips to the 4th round (unlikely)
    Its just not as pressing of a need, and all it does for us is gives us another project.
    no 4th round qb will step up day 1 and start winning games for us.

    I don't see us taking TE for the following reasons:
    Shiancoe
    Kleinsasser
    Mills
    Dugan


    Safety should be more of a priority, since Sharper is on the downside of his career, he won't be around for too many more years, then who do we play? Frampton??
    not unless he proves this season he can really play.

    The only pick of your i potentially agree with is taking a C in the 7th.
    Do you think a rookie LT is going to come in and start? No... IF Mac is suspended, then one of the Tackles on our roster is going to take his place.
    If I remember correctly Indy started a rookie LT last year and he did fine and the Packers did it the year before and neither were picked that high in the draft. Joe Thomas and D Brickashaw Ferguson were high picks that started their rookie seasons in the last 2 years.

    So it can be done. The question is, can our FO find those guys and can the coaches get them ready?

  10. #20
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: 08 season (who should we draft?)

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Do you really think that we're going to waste a 2nd on a WR when there are more pressing needs, such as Who's going to play LT for the weeks that McKinney is gone?
    I think OT should be our #1 priority.
    What if McKinney F's up again and is gone for the season, who will play?

    QB should not be taken early IMO unless one of the top guys slips to the 4th round (unlikely)
    Its just not as pressing of a need, and all it does for us is gives us another project.
    no 4th round qb will step up day 1 and start winning games for us.

    I don't see us taking TE for the following reasons:
    Shiancoe
    Kleinsasser
    Mills
    Dugan


    Safety should be more of a priority, since Sharper is on the downside of his career, he won't be around for too many more years, then who do we play? Frampton??
    not unless he proves this season he can really play.

    The only pick of your i potentially agree with is taking a C in the 7th.
    Do you think a rookie LT is going to come in and start? No... IF Mac is suspended, then one of the Tackles on our roster is going to take his place.
    Rookie LT's start all the time and do fairly well here and there. This draft is also supposed to be pretty deep at the LT spot. Obviously, one of the players currently on the team would be in line to start ahead of whomever we drafted, but drafting an LT for depth is not a bad idea at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The NFC North: A Pre-Draft Mock Season
    By VikingMike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 07:42 AM
  2. now that the season is done, who do we draft?
    By marshallvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 10:49 PM
  3. (Merged) off season moves and the draft
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 04:08 AM
  4. The Draft and other off season obsevations
    By HoustonVikeFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 10:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •