Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CanuckVikereborn is offline Waterboy
    Sure glad we kept Burton over Emmanuel Arceneux.
    None

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Also, for those that make excuses for Ponder, Andrew Luck in his rookie season is heads and shoulders ahead of Ponder. Ditto for RG3. Ponder is a f'n joke, plain and simple. As long as that guy is the QB of this team, they will not do a damn thing. As long as Frazier is the HC of this team, they won't do a damn thing, and as long as they have second rate players starting on this team, the will not do a damn thing. I will tell you what they do deserve, that being a ass whooping next week in GB, then returning home and getting their ass handed to them for the second time in three weeks against the Bears, then I hope they get booed like hell and the fans walk out on them in Minnesota. That is what they deserve. They don't deserve to get paid millions and millions of dollars every year, then fall on their faces year after year. Fans deserve more than this, and I am done supporting such a incompetent football team that just doesn't know how to do things. I am absolutely embarrassed to call myself a Viking fan.

Serious about this, if anyone is looking for some cool Vikings memorabilia, let me know. I will be selling a lot of shit on eBay in the coming days. If you would like to buy some stuff, let me know, and I will let you know what I all have. This is a entire rec room full of stuff. From Fatheads, to autographed helmets, to some awesome paintings that I am not sure you will ever see a duplicate of. I also have a authentic Adrian Peterson road jersey. I have never given up on a team that I have supported, but I am turning my back on this team until changes are made. We as fans deserve better, this shit is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckVikereborn View Post
    Sure glad we kept Burton over Emmanuel Arceneux.
    Does that really matter when you have a useless offense, incompetent head coach, a useless QB, and a dumb ass calling the plays? You could put Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb on this team and they wouldn't be shit. Yet you can put some of our guys on the Packers and Rodgers would make them look great. It's all about the play calling and the QB, the Vikings have neither.

On a side note, Jerome Simpson sure runs his mouth a lot for being a pathetic ass wannabe WR. How many drops did he have to day, like 4? What has he been known for since he came into the league? Ding, ding, ding, you got it, dropped passes. How is that John Carlson signing working for them? Yeah exactly my point. At the end of the day, if you put a $20k suit on a pile of shit, its still a pile of shit.

In a must win game, with the season on the line type of game, the Vikings showed everyone what their made of, complete shit. This team is the poster child for Choker. When will this team ever get it right? Next year RG3 and Luck will be leading their teams, and quite possibly the league in many categories, while the Vikings are still "searching" for their franchise QB.

Lets face it, this franchise is doomed as so are we fans. This team will never win the SB in any of our life times, and we should just come to grips with that I guess. I won't settle for that though, if they won't get it right (like they have shown the last 50 years) I won't be a fan of their team anymore. I am sick and tired of watching a bunch of pathetic losers take the field every week. I have been a fan of this team for over 20 years of my 34 years on this earth, and I am sick of the letdown. While fans of every other fanbase in pro sports gets to experience their team winning the big game, we Viking fans have to get letdown year after year and watch this team blow every opportunity that they are given. I done, I can't take it anymore. If the rest of you stay on, you are more of a man than I am I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    In a must win game, with the season on the line type of game, the Vikings showed everyone what their made of, complete shit. This team is the poster child for Choker. When will this team ever get it right? Next year RG3 and Luck will be leading their teams, and quite possibly the league in many categories, while the Vikings are still "searching" for their franchise QB.

Lets face it, this franchise is doomed as so are we fans. This team will never win the SB in any of our life times, and we should just come to grips with that I guess. I won't settle for that though, if they won't get it right (like they have shown the last 50 years) I won't be a fan of their team anymore. I am sick and tired of watching a bunch of pathetic losers take the field every week. I have been a fan of this team for over 20 years of my 34 years on this earth, and I am sick of the letdown. While fans of every other fanbase in pro sports gets to experience their team winning the big game, we Viking fans have to get letdown year after year and watch this team blow every opportunity that they are given. I done, I can't take it anymore. If the rest of you stay on, you are more of a man than I am I guess.
    LOLOLOL. C'mon man...I've been there. for instance: I had bet a football pool at work, ten games. I PICKED EVERY SINGLE GAME. Not just the wins, but the over/under. Except for one. The final game. i believe it was Baltimore vs, who? The Vikes ,of course. The 'Vikes were beating the spread, game was almost over, and who comes in, does something stupid in his own redzone? Spurgeon Wynn. Baltimore kicks a field goal, putting the 'Vikes outside of the spread. You wanna know how much I lost on Spurgeon Wynn's idiocy? A$5 bet would have won me $500. No lie. I gathered up all my Vikings gear, threw it in trashbags, and hurled into my apartments dumpsters. After severel minutes of thought, and seeing some bums starting to converge on the dumpster, I went and grabbed the bags. Now that I think about it..The bums prolly would have opened the bags, saw the gear, and tossed it back in. My point is, I guess, well i'm not sure, but dang, when the game switched to a "more competitive game," I started watching a Bass Tournament, and guess what? My guy lost a big fish. So I figure it doesn't really matter. I'm too far along now to switch teams, or even switch sports. AND I WILL SWALLOW MY GUN BARREL BEFORE I BECOME A BANDWAGON FAN.
    Last edited by Jereamiah; 11-25-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    Tuco the world.....

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Also, for those that make excuses for Ponder, Andrew Luck in his rookie season is heads and shoulders ahead of Ponder. Ditto for RG3. Ponder is a f'n joke, plain and simple. As long as that guy is the QB of this team, they will not do a damn thing. As long as Frazier is the HC of this team, they won't do a damn thing, and as long as they have second rate players starting on this team, the will not do a damn thing. I will tell you what they do deserve, that being a ass whooping next week in GB, then returning home and getting their ass handed to them for the second time in three weeks against the Bears, then I hope they get booed like hell and the fans walk out on them in Minnesota. That is what they deserve. They don't deserve to get paid millions and millions of dollars every year, then fall on their faces year after year. Fans deserve more than this, and I am done supporting such a incompetent football team that just doesn't know how to do things. I am absolutely embarrassed to call myself a Viking fan.

Serious about this, if anyone is looking for some cool Vikings memorabilia, let me know. I will be selling a lot of shit on eBay in the coming days. If you would like to buy some stuff, let me know, and I will let you know what I all have. This is a entire rec room full of stuff. From Fatheads, to autographed helmets, to some awesome paintings that I am not sure you will ever see a duplicate of. I also have a authentic Adrian Peterson road jersey. I have never given up on a team that I have supported, but I am turning my back on this team until changes are made. We as fans deserve better, this shit is unacceptable.
    Does that really matter when you have a useless offense, incompetent head coach, a useless QB, and a dumb ass calling the plays? You could put Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb on this team and they wouldn't be shit. Yet you can put some of our guys on the Packers and Rodgers would make them look great. It's all about the play calling and the QB, the Vikings have neither.

On a side note, Jerome Simpson sure runs his mouth a lot for being a pathetic ass wannabe WR. How many drops did he have to day, like 4? What has he been known for since he came into the league? Ding, ding, ding, you got it, dropped passes. How is that John Carlson signing working for them? Yeah exactly my point. At the end of the day, if you put a $20k suit on a pile of shit, its still a pile of shit.

Whoa, I blame this melt down on climate change.

It isn't your fault you can't go make a snow angel in the yard to go cool down.

I was that way (not quite that bad) with the Twolves when they got rid of Flip and then KG. I didn't want to support the Twolves when they sold off all their talent and still had the real problem (JMHO) running the show, McHale. The owner closed his wallet and find a few rooks to start building again. With the whole dug by McHale for paying Joe Smith, of all average players, under the table, it took years to even begin to be competitive with Love.

I am with Jeremiah, too far in to turn back now. Almost 40 years invested, barely can remember the Tarkenton years.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I like this guy. I think he summed up what we've all been feeling the past couple of years in 3 posts.

All sane Viking fans have reached this point at some point, a point where you just can't take the failure anymore. I think I finally reached that point in 2003. They call it "the miracle in the desert" game, when we blew an 11 point lead with 1:30 to go vs the Cardinals and got knocked out of the playoffs on the final play of the season.

The effing Cardinals! A team more cursed than ours. A team with a much longer history of epic suckage. I call it "the ripped my heart out in the desert" game. Well that's the PG13 version. I was never the same after that one. What made it worse was it basically handed the Packers the division title. We started the season 6-0 and had a 3.5 game lead after week 7. Had I been a member here I probably would've posted something much worse lol.

I've been a jaded fan ever since and nothing really surprises me with this team anymore. The 2009 NFCC loss didn't hurt as much as it probably should have. In fact on what looked like our game winning drive I kept thinking, how are we going to blow this. Then all I could do was laugh when the 12th man and INT happened. It was almost as if it were inevitable. Then the refs helped put the tombstone on our fate in OT. If I had to point to one game that summed up this franchise, I'd point to that NFCC game.

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I like this guy. I think he summed up what we've all been feeling the past couple of years in 3 posts.

All sane Viking fans have reached this point at some point, a point where you just can't take the failure anymore. I think I finally reached that point in 2003. They call it "the miracle in the desert" game, when we blew an 11 point lead with 1:30 to go vs the Cardinals and got knocked out of the playoffs on the final play of the season.

The effing Cardinals! A team more cursed than ours. A team with a much longer history of epic suckage. I call it "the ripped my heart out in the desert" game. Well that's the PG13 version. I was never the same after that one. What made it worse was it basically handed the Packers the division title. We started the season 6-0 and had a 3.5 game lead after week 7. Had I been a member here I probably would've posted something much worse lol.

I've been a jaded fan ever since and nothing really surprises me with this team anymore. The 2009 NFCC loss didn't hurt as much as it probably should have. In fact on what looked like our game winning drive I kept thinking, how are we going to blow this. Then all I could do was laugh when the 12th man and INT happened. It was almost as if it were inevitable. Then the refs helped put the tombstone on our fate in OT. If I had to point to one game that summed up this franchise, I'd point to that NFCC game.
    Nate Poole and that stupid froce out rule. I was at that game and couldnt believe what happened......The NFCCG was awful too. I recall saying the same thing, Ok how are we going to choke this one away? A timely penalty and INT sealed our fate......

As to the issue of Ponder. I think that he gets rattled with pressure up the middle. Not a big shocker for those watching the games. What amazes me is that we continue to see this team not make adjustments. At least in WA and IND they are running an offense that suits their young QB's talent. Here we want Ponder to fit our offense. His touch passing is suspect, he stares down one primary target, and if things get heated he runs. I cant count the times that he has missed wide open or guys coming open as a result.

I was happy to see the Vikes get off the rental veteran QB situation but right now we need help at the most important position. If that means Joe Webb gets some looks or series so be it. WE cannot continue to accept this poor play from the QB.

and another side note. Poor coaching was the reason for our first loss against the Bears. How you go empty backfield 5 wide first play of the game is misguided to say the least. I could see a PA pass to open the game but not 5 wide empty backfield. The decision to not take 3 points late and get it to an 11 point game was also a mistake. Going for it on 4th and 2 instead was an exercise in futility. Ponder being rushed and throwing looping short touch passes against an opportunistic defense like the Bears was also a strategic error.

I would like to see us use the run game and PA game to set a better plan for success. This is a winnable game and we just need to approach it the right way.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    bears.jpg
    I smell a victory ....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123