Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    You forgot your 3rd fear, which is how we seem to find ways to lose the games we should win on paper.

If anyone thinks we SHOULD win this, you need to take the purple glasses off.

Like it or not, the Bears have a good defense, and a decent offense. Just becaue a couple teams exposed them does not mean they're now a crappy team. We shouldn't be taking them lightly. We need to play a good game for a chance at winning.

On paper, our DL should devastate their OL. Marshall should dominate our CBs, if Cutler gets time to get a pass off. TE's across the middle is always a liability for us. THeir DBs are very good, we need to be on target with all our passes.

We need to play smart, disciplined football. If we don't, we WILL lose.

Also, we play IN Chicago, which is probably historically one of the worst venues for us.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Bears are going down big time. 35-6 Vikings. The oline stops the pressure and Ponder makes big plays. Peterson is kept in check, except for 2 huge TD runs.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I don't think we should win this, ConnecticutViking does, I was just poking fun lol. I think we have a chance, but no way is this a "should". Our DL should whoop their patch work OL though, and that might be our only chance of winning. I expect to see 6 or 7 sacks today.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    God this team is just f'n pathetic. Can they stop anyone on defense? Can they do anything to anyone on offense? Man alive they fall completely on their f'n faces every time they are faced with a must win game.

How did this team beat the 49ers? I am saying right now, it was not the Vikings that beat the 49ers, it was the 49ers that beat the 49ers. One lucky ass win on their record that they didn't deserve to get. For anyone saying that the Wilf's are great owners for spending money, does it matter when you are spending that money making stupid ass decisions? What good is money spent when you are directing it towards making Spielman the GM? Or spending it to make Frazier the HC when you were still paying the last piece of shit money to sit at home? So they make the Frazier decision knowing that he was just a extension of Childress, yet they did it anyways. Not to f'n bright there people. Then add useless players, and a useless coaching staff to the mix and what do you have? Yep, a piece of shit team that is overpaid, and not going anywhere. Good thing you got that stadium when you did boys, now can you go about making your stupid f'n decisions and not have that hanging over your heads. I am not supporting this team one more day until they make some huge changes. Yes that is right, I am rooting for every team that the Vikings play the rest of this year, and every year until those changes are made. I am not supporting having players like this, coaches like this, and losing season after losing season like this. Fans deserve better, and we are not getting it. If it weren't for the fans who spend their hard earned money on tickets, parking, food, lodging, memorabilia, Sunday Ticket, and everything else associated with these teams, there would be no TEAM. So as soon as you dumb asses figure that out and actually field a contending team, I will start supporting you again. If not, I will cheer for the Packers, Bears, Lions, Texans, and whoever else they play until huge changes are made. Then they wonder why they are so easy to make fun of, my god if its this easy to make fun of them as a fan, Packer fans could easily have a field day with this piece of shit makeshift team.

Hers is some advice Ponder, and if your family loved you, they would give you the same advice. Take that degree in whatever it was that you did in College, and make a career out of that. Because its blatantly obvious that you are simply not good enough to be a NFL QB. Just to clarify this, your teammates are in white jerseys, so unless you are completely f'n color blind, there was not excuse for that INT that set the Bears up to completely f'n destroy you guys. Also, I hope the Packers f'n completely mess you up next week, you losers deserve nothing more. Why do fans continue to financially and emotionally support this team?

CanuckVikereborn is offline Waterboy
    Okay, once and for all. Ponder is no NFL quarterback. Everyone listening? He's a CFL guy at best. He always....repeat always freezes up and can't hit the broad side of a barn when he's under pressure. He's just like Tony Romo only worse. It's no good to throw a few good passes once in a while. He is horribly inaccurate at the times you need him to be accurate. I can't say I like the play selection either. We have the league's best running back and Musgrave keeps trying to pass. What an idiot. What a lame performance.
    None

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Can't believe that Ponder can't hold them on third down. Or that he fumbled that ball away that AD had. Or he let them block the FG...

Oh wait, that wasn't Ponder. We are losing, but Ponder isn't the (only) reason.

Hey nice TD pass Ponder!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Don't get me wrong Nodak....there is plenty of blame to go around, why Musgrave continues to avoid using Peterson more....I don't know. We just chucked away points while in the redzone not even trying a run on the last three plays. Yes, it would be nice to have a few receivers that can catch more consistently...like Simpson....who should be given the boot. But Ponder's gaffs are the biggest. He still misses bigtime, way too often. Look at all the high throws to Rudolph today. He still doesn't know when to take off from the pocket. And it doesn't matter if you do throw 2 TD's, if you throw picks which lead to points for the other team...and he does it way too often. Believe me, this won't go away....just like Tony Romo and a number of these other "fool ya" quarterbacks....they do just enough to make you think they can pull it off....but they can't. Let's face it, most people cringe when Ponder goes back to pass and that says it all.
    None

Nice run AGAIN, AD...too bad it's too little too late...take note Musgrave....you have the best running back in the league. What's our run to pass ratio? 32p 17r.....and never mind the fumbles either.
    None

Ponder is not a lick of shit when he has to throw the ball on the run, the guy is horrendous when having to do that. Yet the real QB's that had, or having great careers made it look simple. Hell, you want to learn how to throw on the run Ponder, just look at the best QB in your own division, Aaron Rodgers.

Funny how teams like New England and Green Bay can take QB's, and they turn out to be great, yet the Vikings bomb on taking a QB in the first round. Ponder is a prototypical college QB, unfortunately for him, that doesn't translate to the NFL. So its very simple, get rid of this Cover 2 defense, get rid of this WCO, get rid of this stupid ass head coach and the rest of his staff, and get a real QB, then maybe this team can turn the page.

The sad part is that Adrian Peterson is stuck on this useless team and wasting away a great talent that could turn almost any other team into a SB winning team. If I were Peterson I would demand a trade, and the fans shouldn't fault him one bit if he does do that. Why should arguably the best RB to ever play the game have to be stuck on a team like this? That is just a glorified waste of talent. Barry Sanders did that, and he retired way before he should have had to. I would rather see Peterson get traded and get a SB Ring like he deserves versus being stuck on this pathetic going nowhere team and having to come up short every year of his career.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast