Vikings/Packers Series Notes
* The Vikings and Packers have one of the most heated rivalries
in the NFL, with Green Bay holding the all-time series lead 47-
* This will be the 94th matchup between the teams, the most the
Vikings have played against any opponent in the league.
* The Packers swept the season series last season and the Vikings
swept the season series in 2005.
* The Vikings have a 22-24-1 record at Green Bay but have won
two of the last three at Lambeau Field.
* Prior to this seasonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s fi rst matchup between the two teams, the
Vikings-Packers previous 10 games had been remarkably even
with a combined score of 239-239 between the two. Including
the fi rst game of 2007, the combined score of the past 12 games
stands at 286-283 with the Vikings holding a 3-point edge.
* The two teams have gone to overtime 5 times throughout the
series, and the only tie came in a 10-10 deadlock on 11/26/78
at Lambeau Field. The 5 overtime games are the most by the
Vikings against any single opponent.
* In 2004 the Vikings lost to Green Bay twice by the same score
of 34-31, with both games ending on game-winning fi eld goals
by Packers K Ryan Longwell. The Vikings would go on to defeat
Green Bay in the playoffs that year 31-17 at Lambeau.
* Hall of Fame head coach Bud GrantÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s fi rst win as the Vikings
coach came against the Packers 10-7 on 10/15/67 in Milwaukee,
snapping GrantÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 0-4 start to his debut season with Minnesota.