* The Vikings and Lions played 99 times overall with Minnesota holding a 66-31-2 series record. The teams never met in the postseason.
* The Lions won the previous meeting 20-13 at Ford Field in 2010. Prior to that, the Vikings had won the previous six meeting dating back to 2007.
* The Vikings are 36-12-1 at home vs. the Lions in the series, and 30-19-1 as visitors.
* Leslie Frazier is 0-1 against the Lions as head coach. Jim Schwartz is 1-3 against the Vikings.
* The Lions won the first meeting 37-10 in 1961 in Minnesota and won the first five matchups. The Vikings first victory over the Lions came in 1963, 34-31.
* The Vikings won 13 consecutive games against the Lions from 1968-1974, and are 20-3 in the last 23 meetings against Detroit going back to 1999.
* In 99 games, the teams have played just one overtime game against each other, with the Lions winning 20-17 in 2007.
purplepride.org is an independent fan site and not associated with the Minnesota Vikings or the NFL (National Football League). All content within this purplepride fan page is provided by, and for, purplepride fans. It represents opinions of the fans who frequent the site and in no way reflect the views of the NFL, Minnesota Vikings, or associated properties. We are not responsible for comments posted by our users, as they are the property of the poster.