- Vikings QB Gus Frerotte played for the Lions in 1999, starting 6 games and throwing for 2,117 yards.
- Lions QB Daunte Culpepper was the Vikingsâ€™ fi rst pick in the 1999 NFL Draft and the 11th player chosen overall. He
started 80 games for the Vikings and ranks second in team history with a 91.5 rating, and third in yards (20,162) and
TD passes (135).
- Lions S Dwight Smith played two seasons for the Vikings, in 2006 and â€™07.
- Vikings offensive line coach Pat Morris held the same position with the Lions from 2004-05.
- Vikings TE coach Jimmie Johnson played for the Detroit Lions from 1992-93.
- Vikings S Eric Frampton played in fi ve games for the Lions in 2007.
- Vikings Vice President of Player Personnel Rick Spielman worked as a college scout for the Lions from 1990-94 and as a pro scout from 1995-96. His brother, Chris,
played LB for the Lions from 1988-95.
- Vikings Vice President of Operations/Legal Counsel Kevin Warren spent the 2001-02 seasons with the Lions as their Senior Vice President of Business Operations/
- Lions regional scout Silas McKinnie served in the same capacity with the Vikings from 1997-2002.
- Vikings RB Chester Taylor is from River Rouge, MI.
- Vikings G Steve Hutchinson played at the University of Michigan from 1997-2000.
- Vikings LB David Herron played at Michigan State from 2002-06.
- Vikings TE coach Jimmie Johnson was a teammate of Lions Senior Vice President/Asst. General Manager Martin Mayhew with the Washington Redskins.
- Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier coached for Cincinnati while Vikings S Madieu Williams, Lions P Nick Harris, RB Rudi Johnson and DT Langston Moore
- Vikings FB Naufahu Tahi was on the Bengalsâ€™ practice squad in 2006 while Johnson was on the team.
- Frerotte was teammates with Lions CB Travis Fisher, C Andy McCollum and WR Shaun McDonald in St. Louis in 2006. Lions WR Brandon Middleton was also with
St. Louis for the 2006 preseason.
- Frerotte played for Washington while Lions strength and conditioning coach Malcolm Blacken was a strength and conditioning assistant there.
- Vikings defensive backs coach Joe Woods was with Tampa Bay with Lions Lions head coach Rod Marinelli, defensive coordinator Joe Barry, DE Corey Smith, DT
Chuck Darby, CB Brian Kelly, LB Ryan Nece, S Kalvin Pearson and DE Dewayne White.
- Vikings LB Vinny Ciurciu, Wyms, Nece and Darby were teammates in Tampa Bay.
- Vikings RB Maurice Hicks was teammates with Lions FB Moran Norris in San Francisco.
- Wyms was also in Tampa Bay when Lions secondary coach Jimmy Lake was on staff.
- Vikings K Ryan Longwell, S Darren Sharper, WR Robert Ferguson, and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell were in Green Bay with Lions LB Paris Lenon.
- Sharper, Longwell and Bevell were all in Green Bay when Lions assistant head coach/passing game coordinator Kippy Brown was on staff.
- Vikings special teams coordinator Paul Ferraro was on staff and DE Otis Grigsby and Ciurciu played with Lions TE Michael Gaines at Carolina.
- Vikings RB coach Eric Bieniemy and Lions asst. WR coach Shawn Jefferson were teammates with the San Diego Chargers while Lions special teams coordinator Stan
Kwan was on staff.
- Vikings G Steve Hutchinson played for Seattle when Lions DB coach Clayton Lopez was on the Seahawks staff.
- Hutchinson and Wyms played with Lions DT Chuck Darby in Seattle.
- Vikings WR coach George Stewart and offensive line coach Pat Morris coached in San Francisco with Lions defensive coordinator Joe Barry.
- Vikings RB Chester Taylor played for the Ravens with Lions T Damion Cook, G Edwin Mulitalo and running backs coach Sam Gash when Lions offensive line coach
Jim Colletto was on Baltimoreâ€™s staff.
- Vikings DT Pat Williams and CB Antoine Winfi eld were teammates of Gash with the Buffalo Bills.
- Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier served in the same capacity for Indianapolis when Lions LB Gilbert Gardner played there.
- Vikings DE Ray Edwards played at Purdue with Lions DE Cliff Avril and LB Gilbert Gardner.
- Vikings QB John David Booty played at USC with Lions DT Shaun Cody.
- Vikings DE Letroy Guion played with Lions DT Andre Fluellen and LB Ernie Sims at Florida State.
- Vikings G Steve Hutchinson played on the line at Michigan with Lions T Jeff Backus and while Lions QB coach Scot Loeffl er was a student assistant and graduate
- Vikings LS Cullen Loeffl er and CB Cedric Griffi n were teammates of Lions DT Cory Redding at Texas.
- Vikings CB Marcus McCauley played at Fresno State with Lions WR Adam Jennings.
- Vikings G Anthony Herrera was tutored for part of his career at Tennessee by Lions asst. offensive line coach Mike Barry.
- Vikings RB coach Eric Bieniemy played at Colorado when Lions asst. offensive line coach Mike Barry coached the line for the Buffaloes.
- Vikings G Artis Hicks played at Memphis when Lions defensive line coach Joe Cullen was on the staff there.
- Vikings offensive line coach Jim Hueber, and asst. special teams coach Brian Murphy were at Wisconsin with Lions LB Alex Lewis.
- Vikings P Chris Kluwe and Lions LB Ryan Nece were teammates at UCLA.
- Vikings QB coach Kevin Rogers was on staff at Notre Dame while Lions TE John Owens played there.
- Vikings DL coach Karl Dunbar was on staff at LSU while Lions T Stephen Peterman played there.
- Vikings offensive/defensive assistant Ryan Silverfi eld was on Central Floridaâ€™s staff while Lions RB Kevin Smith played there.
- Vikings LB David Herron and Lions QB Drew Stanton played at Michigan State together.
- Vikings offensive quality control coach Ryan Ficken played at Arizona State while Lions LB coach Phil Snow was on staff.