Vikings/Jags Series Notes
* This will be only the 4th matchup between the two teams, with Minnesota
holding the overall edge 2-1 since the series began in 1998.
* SundayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s game will be the Vikings fi rst trip to Jacksonville.
* Both Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio and tight ends coach Mike
Tice played for the Vikings in the late Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ80s and early 90s. Tice went on
to serve as the Vikings 6th head coach from 2002-05 after stepping in
as interim head coach for the last game of the 2001 season.
* Del Rio led the Vikings in tackles for 3 straight years (1992-94) and
played in the Pro Bowl following the 1994 season.
* The Vikings won the 1st meeting between the clubs on 12/20/98 with
an impressive 50-10 showing in the fi nal regular season home game
of the season and the game that moved the Vikings to 14-1. The
game marked the fi nal time that the Vikings scored 50 points in a
game and 1 of only 6 games in Vikings history that the club scored 50
points. The Vikings had not topped the 50-point plateau since 1974
before the 1998 Jaguars game.