* The Vikings and Colts have played 23 times overall. The Colts hold the advantage
* The Colts won the last meeting 18-15 at Mall of America Field in 2008.
* This will mark the Vikings’ fi rst-ever regular season game at Lucas Oil Field.
* The Vikings are 0-10 when visiting Indianapolis and 7-5-1 at home in the
* This will be Leslie Frazier’s fi rst game against Indianapolis as head coach
and Chuck Pagano’s fi rst game against Minnesota as head coach.
* The teams have never played an overtime game against each other.
* The teams have met one time in postseason history. The Vikings and Colts
met in the 1968 NFL Western Conference Championship Game, a Colts
24-14 win. The game was the Vikings 1st-ever playoff game in franchise
We're 2-2 vs the Colts since they moved to Indy in '84 (2-1 at home and 0-1 in Indy)
But holy crap, 0-10 at Baltimore/Indy combined?! That's gotta end today because it'll be 8 years before we get to try again.
I remember that '08 game. We shutout Manning in the 1st half, lead 15-0 in the 2nd half, held an 8 point lead late in the 4th, then Chilly messed it all up by getting all conservative and Manning picked us apart. Vinateri kicked the GW at the buzzer. TJoke was benched in favor of Frerotte after that game.
purplepride.org is an independent fan site and not associated with the Minnesota Vikings or the NFL (National Football League). All content within this purplepride fan page is provided by, and for, purplepride fans. It represents opinions of the fans who frequent the site and in no way reflect the views of the NFL, Minnesota Vikings, or associated properties. We are not responsible for comments posted by our users, as they are the property of the poster.