* The Vikings and Buccaneers played 51 times with Minnesota holding a
31-20 series record. The teams never met in the postseason.
* The Buccaneers won the previous meeting 19-13 at Raymond James Stadium
in 2008, and Tampa Bay has won the last four contests since 2001.
The Vikings last victory against the Buccaneers was a 20-16 win in 2001 in
the final year before realignment when the teams met twice a year in the
NFC Central Division.
*The Buccaneers held Minnesota to 14 points or under in three of the last
* Three of the last four games between the teams have been played at Raymond
* The Vikings are 18-7 at home vs. the Buccaneers in the series, and 13-13
as visitors. The Buccaneers won the last six meetings in Tampa Bay. Minnesota’s
last road victory was during the 1997 season. Tampa Bay beat the
Vikings 24-13 in 2005 in the last meeting at Mall of America Field. Prior to
that, Minnesota had won its last four home contests against Tampa Bay
going back to 1998.
* Both Leslie Frazier and Tampa Bay coach Raheem Morris have yet to face the
other team since taking over as head coaches.
*From 1981 to 1993, the Vikings went 21-6 against the Buccaneers. From
1993 to 2001, the teams each went 8-8 against each other.
* The teams have played four overtime games. The Buccaneers are 3-1 and
have won the last three. Minnesota’s only overtime win against Tampa Bay
came in 1983.
purplepride.org is an independent fan site and not associated with the Minnesota Vikings or the NFL (National Football League). All content within this purplepride fan page is provided by, and for, purplepride fans. It represents opinions of the fans who frequent the site and in no way reflect the views of the NFL, Minnesota Vikings, or associated properties. We are not responsible for comments posted by our users, as they are the property of the poster.