Vikings/Buccaneers Series Notes
* The Vikings and Buccaneers played 51 times with Minnesota holding a
31-20 series record. The teams never met in the postseason.
* The Buccaneers won the previous meeting 19-13 at Raymond James Stadium
in 2008, and Tampa Bay has won the last four contests since 2001.
The Vikings last victory against the Buccaneers was a 20-16 win in 2001 in
the final year before realignment when the teams met twice a year in the
NFC Central Division.
*The Buccaneers held Minnesota to 14 points or under in three of the last
* Three of the last four games between the teams have been played at Raymond
* The Vikings are 18-7 at home vs. the Buccaneers in the series, and 13-13
as visitors. The Buccaneers won the last six meetings in Tampa Bay. Minnesota’s
last road victory was during the 1997 season. Tampa Bay beat the
Vikings 24-13 in 2005 in the last meeting at Mall of America Field. Prior to
that, Minnesota had won its last four home contests against Tampa Bay
going back to 1998.
* Both Leslie Frazier and Tampa Bay coach Raheem Morris have yet to face the
other team since taking over as head coaches.
*From 1981 to 1993, the Vikings went 21-6 against the Buccaneers. From
1993 to 2001, the teams each went 8-8 against each other.
* The teams have played four overtime games. The Buccaneers are 3-1 and
have won the last three. Minnesota’s only overtime win against Tampa Bay
came in 1983.