Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Vikings Big Games v Panthers

* WR Bernard Berrian caught 3 passes for 79 yards, including a 48- yard pass that led to the Vikings go-ahead touchdown when the teams met last September (9/21/08).
    * QB Brett Favre completed 22-of-30 passes (73.23%) for 218 yards and 3 TDs with a passer rating of 126.8 the last time he played the Panthers in 2007 with Green Bay.
    * Favre also completed 27-of-25 passes for 388 yards the 5th-highest total of his career - and 5 TDs when the Packer played the Panthers in 1998.
    * With 292 yards and 2 TDs and a passer rating of 107.3 Favre led the Packers to their first Super Bowl appearance and subsequent victory in 29 years when he beat the Panthers in the NFC Championship game (1/12/97).
    * LB Chad Greenway had 11 tackles and 1.0 sack when the Vikings played host to the Panther last September (9/21/08).
    * LB E.J. Henderson had a career-high 17 tackles to lead the team when the two teams met last September (9/21/08).
    * P Chris Kluwe boomed 3 punts more than 50 yards and pinned Carolina inside its 20-yard line three times in a 16-13 win (9/17/06.)
    * K Ryan Longwell booted a 19-yard field goal at the 7:25 mark of overtime to give the Vikings a 16-13 win against the Panthers (9/17/06). It was one of 3 field goals Longwell made on the day, leading him to NFC Special Teams Player of the Week honors.
    * Longwell also threw his first career TD pass against Carolina (9/17/06) when he completed a 16-yard pass to TE Richard Owens on a fake FG, the first TD pass by a kicker in Vikings history.
    * RB Chester Taylor gained 133 yards on 24 carries (4.7 avg.) when the teams met on 9/17/06.
    * DT Kevin Williams tallied 2.0 sacks and 6 tackles when the Panther visited the Metrodome last September (9/21/08).
    * CB Antoine Winfield became only the 3rd player in Vikings history to record 4 stats on the same play when he sacked Panther QB Jake Delhomme, forced the ball loose, recovered the fumble and returned it 19-yards for a touchdown the last time the two teams met (9/21/08).

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re:Vikings Big Games v Panthers

Webby wrote:
    * WR Bernard Berrian caught 3 passes for 79 yards, including a 48- yard pass that led to the Vikings go-ahead touchdown when the teams met last September (9/21/08).
    * QB Brett Favre completed 22-of-30 passes (73.23%) for 218 yards and 3 TDs with a passer rating of 126.8 the last time he played the Panthers in 2007 with Green Bay.
    * Favre also completed 27-of-25 passes for 388 yards the 5th-highest total of his career - and 5 TDs when the Packer played the Panthers in 1998.
    * With 292 yards and 2 TDs and a passer rating of 107.3 Favre led the Packers to their first Super Bowl appearance and subsequent victory in 29 years when he beat the Panthers in the NFC Championship game (1/12/97).
    * LB Chad Greenway had 11 tackles and 1.0 sack when the Vikings played host to the Panther last September (9/21/08).
    * LB E.J. Henderson had a career-high 17 tackles to lead the team when the two teams met last September (9/21/08).
    * P Chris Kluwe boomed 3 punts more than 50 yards and pinned Carolina inside its 20-yard line three times in a 16-13 win (9/17/06.)
    * K Ryan Longwell booted a 19-yard field goal at the 7:25 mark of overtime to give the Vikings a 16-13 win against the Panthers (9/17/06). It was one of 3 field goals Longwell made on the day, leading him to NFC Special Teams Player of the Week honors.
    * Longwell also threw his first career TD pass against Carolina (9/17/06) when he completed a 16-yard pass to TE Richard Owens on a fake FG, the first TD pass by a kicker in Vikings history.
    * RB Chester Taylor gained 133 yards on 24 carries (4.7 avg.) when the teams met on 9/17/06.
    * DT Kevin Williams tallied 2.0 sacks and 6 tackles when the Panther visited the Metrodome last September (9/21/08).
    * CB Antoine Winfield became only the 3rd player in Vikings history to record 4 stats on the same play when he sacked Panther QB Jake Delhomme, forced the ball loose, recovered the fumble and returned it 19-yards for a touchdown the last time the two teams met (9/21/08).
    That was one amazing play

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

hasn't he since done that a couple more times?

The quadruple S... Sack, strip, scoop, score

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1092244
    hasn't he since done that a couple more times?

The quadruple S... Sack, strip, scoop, score
    I know of at least one other time. Last year. On Michael Vick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjF1bOggy1w

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings Big Games v Panthers

The 2008 game provided the best post game quote from Delhomme. They were asking him about the loss and he said "Well we didn't have the ball a whole lot" in the whiniest, most hilarious way. Unfortunately I can't find the video on gamecenter even though that's where I've found it before.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.