Vikings Big Games v Lions
* DE Jared Allen recorded 2.0 sacks, a tackle for a loss, and a forced fumble when the teams last met on 12/7/08.
* WR Bernard Berrian caught 5 catches for 131 yards and a TD against Detroit on 10/12/08.
* DE Ray Edwards scored his first career NFL touchdown with his 9-yard fumble return for a score at Detroit (9/16/07).
* QB Brett Favre led Green Bay to a come-from-behind victory over the Lions in the 1993 Wild Card Playoffs in his first year as a starter for Green Bay. Favre threw for 3 TDs including a 40-yard strike to Sterling Sharp with :55 seconds left in the game to lift the Packers to a 28-24 victory. The following season, Favre again led Green Bay past Detroit in the Wild Card Playoffs throwing for 262 yards in a 16-12 victory.
* Favre also had a big game the last time he played the Lions on 11/22/07. He completed 31-of-41 passes (75.6%) for 381 yards, 3 TDs, and 128.2 rating.
* CB Cedric Griffin earned NFC Defensive Player of the Week honors for his performance at Detroit (12/10/06) when he had an interception, forced a fumble on the opening kickoff, and had a fumble recovery.
* LB E.J. Henderson intercepted the 1st pass of his career when he picked off Jon Kitna vs. Detroit (10/8/06) and returned it 45 yards to score his 1st career TD.
* P Chris Kluwe set a new team record with a 57.5-yard gross punting average (230 yards on 4 punts) at Detroit (9/16/07), breaking Mitch BergerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s mark of 55.8 set vs. Cincinnati (11/15/98).
* LB Ben Leber recovered a Jon Kitna fumble forced by Pat Williams in the end zone vs. Detroit (10/8/06) to score his 3rd career TD.
* K Ryan Longwell booted his second career game-winning OT kick vs. Detroit (12/11/05) on Sunday Night Football when he hit a 28-yarder for Green Bay. Longwell also kicked a game winner with 9 seconds remaining on 10/12/08 to give the Vikings a 12-10 victory and connected on a 50-yarder when the teams met last (12/7/08).
* RB Adrian Peterson picked up 116 yards on 15 carries and scored 2 TDs on the ground in a 42-10 win against the Lions on 12/2/07.
* RB Chester Taylor rushed for 123 yards vs. Detroit (10/8/06).
* DT Kevin Williams notched a career-high 4.0 sacks against Detroit on 10/12/08, which is tied for the most in a single game in 2008 and ranks tied for 2nd in Vikings history.
* DT Pat Williams sacked Jon Kitna and forced a fumble that was recovered by LB Ben Leber for a TD vs. Detroit on 10/8/06.
* CB Antoine Winfield recorded 12 tackles and picked off a Joey Harrington pass vs. Detroit on 11/6/05.