Vikings Big Games v Lions
* RB Adrian Peterson picked up 116 yards on 15 carries and scored 2
TDs on the ground in a 42-10 win against the Lions on 12/2/07.
* WR Bernard Berrian caught 5 catches for 131 yards and a TD against
Detroit on 10/12/08.
* CB Cedric Griffi n earned NFC Defensive Player of the Week honors
for his performance at Detroit (12/10/06) when he had an interception,
forced a fumble on the opening kickoff, and had a fumble recovery.
* WR Bobby Wade scored his 1st career TD when he returned a punt
73 yards for a TD vs. Detroit (9/18/05) when he was with the Bears.
* CB Antoine Winfi eld recorded 12 tackles and picked off a Joey
Harrington pass vs. Detroit on 11/6/05.
* S Darren Sharper posted his 1st career interception when he picked
off Lions QB Scott Mitchell vs. Detroit (11/2/97) and returned it 50
yards for his 1st career TD. Sharper has posted at least one INT in
four of his six games vs. Detroit since joining the Vikings.
* DT Kevin Williams notched a career-high 4.0 sacks against Detroit
on 10/12/08, which is tied for the most in a single game in 2008 and
ranks tied for 2nd in Vikings history.
* DT Pat Williams sacked Jon Kitna and forced a fumble that was
recovered by LB Ben Leber for a TD vs. Detroit on 10/8/06.
* LB E.J. Henderson intercepted the 1st pass of his career when he
picked off Jon Kitna vs. Detroit (10/8/06) and returned it 45 yards to
score his 1st career TD.
* LB Ben Leber recovered a Jon Kitna fumble forced by Pat Williams in
the end zone vs. Detroit (10/8/06) to score his 3rd career TD.
* RB Chester Taylor rushed for 123 yards vs. Detroit (10/8/06).
* K Ryan Longwell booted his second career game-winning OT kick vs.
Detroit (12/11/05) on Sunday Night Football when he hit a 28-yarder
for Green Bay. Longwell also kicked a game winner with 9 seconds
remaining on 10/12/08 to give the Vikings a 12-10 victory.
* DE Ray Edwards scored his fi rst career NFL touchdown with his
9-yard fumble return for a score at Detroit (9/16/07).
* P Chris Kluwe set a new team record with a 57.5-yard gross punting
average (230 yards on 4 punts) at Detroit (9/16/07), breaking Mitch
Bergerâ€™s mark of 55.8 set vs. Cincinnati (11/15/98).