Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Last Game v Ravens

The Vikings and Ravens last regular season matchup came on Christmas day in 2005, in a nationally televised ESPN Sunday Night Football game. Despite a solid performance from Vikings starting QB Brad Johnson and a halftime lead, the Vikings fell to the Ravens 23-30.
    Johnson threw for 248 yards on 25-of-36 passing and 2 TDs, finishing the day with a 107.2 passer rating. TE Jermaine Wiggins was Johnson’s favorite target on the day hauling in 7 balls for 43 yards a touchdown. WR Travis Taylor grabbed the other TD pass on a 13-yard strike from Johnson. Taylor finished the day with 3 catches for 40 yards. WR Troy Williamson was on the receiving end of Johnson’s longest pass of the day, when the pair hooked up for a 56-yard completion.
    RB Mewelde Moore was the Vikings lead rusher with 49 yards on 10 carries. Moore also had 42 yards on 4 receptions.
    On defense SS Corey Chavous and current Vikings LB E.J. Henderson and DT Pat Williams tied for the team lead with 7 tackles apiece. FS Darren Sharper had 1-of-2 Vikings takeaways, picking off Kyle Boller in the 4th quarter. Sharper also added 6 tackles. LBs Raonall Smith and Sam Cowart tallied both of the Vi- kings sacks on the day. Current Vikings CB Antoine Winfield and DT Kevin Wil- liams had 4 and 3 tackles respectively and both notched a pass breakup.
    K Paul Edinger connected on 3 of his FG attempts, hitting from 36, 40, and 46 yards. Edinger was also true on both his PATs, while P Chris Kluwe was able to pin the Ravens inside their own 20-yard line twice. Also making an impact on special teams was reserve RB Adimchinobe Echemandu, who forced a fumble on then Ravens KR Chester Taylor that was recovered by Smith to open the second half.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Last Game v Ravens

TE Jermaine Wiggins was Johnson’s favorite target on the day hauling in 7 balls for 43 yards a touchdown.
    RB Mewelde Moore was the Vikings lead rusher with 49 yards on 10 carries
    That was one damn powerfull offensive showing..... :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I think we can top that

"V4L" wrote:
    I think we can top that
    Snicker.......I still marvel, to this day, that people were upset that that team was gutted/shitcanned by the current regime.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I think we can top that
    Snicker.......I still marvel, to this day, that people were upset that that team was gutted/shitcanned by the current regime.
    :
    I agree. We are soooo much better without characters like Williams and Williams, Winfield and Henderson. they just held the team back ;D

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I think we can top that

:
    I agree. We are soooo much better without characters like Williams and Williams, Winfield and Henderson. they just held the team back ;D
    Thats about all that was good from that team.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"Webby" wrote:
    The Vikings and Ravens last regular season matchup came on Christmas day in 2005, in a nationally televised ESPN Sunday Night Football game. Despite a solid performance from Vikings starting QB Brad Johnson and a halftime lead, the Vikings fell to the Ravens 23-30.
    Johnson threw for 248 yards on 25-of-36 passing and 2 TDs, finishing the day with a 107.2 passer rating. TE Jermaine Wiggins was Johnson’s favorite target on the day hauling in 7 balls for 43 yards a touchdown. WR Travis Taylor grabbed the other TD pass on a 13-yard strike from Johnson. Taylor finished the day with 3 catches for 40 yards. WR Troy Williamson was on the receiving end of Johnson’s longest pass of the day, when the pair hooked up for a 56-yard completion.
    RB Mewelde Moore was the Vikings lead rusher with 49 yards on 10 carries. Moore also had 42 yards on 4 receptions.
    On defense SS Corey Chavous and current Vikings LB E.J. Henderson and DT Pat Williams tied for the team lead with 7 tackles apiece. FS Darren Sharper had 1-of-2 Vikings takeaways, picking off Kyle Boller in the 4th quarter. Sharper also added 6 tackles. LBs Raonall Smith and Sam Cowart tallied both of the Vi- kings sacks on the day. Current Vikings CB Antoine Winfield and DT Kevin Wil- liams had 4 and 3 tackles respectively and both notched a pass breakup.
    K Paul Edinger connected on 3 of his FG attempts, hitting from 36, 40, and 46 yards. Edinger was also true on both his PATs, while P Chris Kluwe was able to pin the Ravens inside their own 20-yard line twice. Also making an impact on special teams was reserve RB Adimchinobe Echemandu, who forced a fumble on then Ravens KR Chester Taylor that was recovered by Smith to open the second half.
    I was at that game... and it ruined my Christmas
    :'( but I got to meet Anthony Hererra after the game, and even Darren Sharper was out in the brisk Baltimore weather signing autographs... so it wasn't all bad
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"