Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Jeff Garcia versus the Vikings

"V4L" wrote:
    "gr8vike" wrote:
    He actually played us twice while with the 49ers. in 1999 (His Rookie Year) The 49ers record that year was 4-12, and in 2003 when the 49ers were 7-9. He played us once as a Lion in 2005 when they were 5-11. So I would have to go with V4L on this, he has never played us while he was on a good team.

Thanks man I couldnt find anything

Thats why I don't use career stats much unless they have basically the same team
    Bored at Work, what else am I going to do!

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

This game won't be decided by Garcia but rather how thier secondary/linebackers are used to counter a passing attack designed to exploit a cover 2 scheme as well as support the run.

Lest we forget, in the cover 2 the LB'rs play a role in dropping back into the short lanes to take away the quick slants.
    Decision by Kiffin will be how often does he gamble and drop LB'rs into coverage.

For the Vikes, will the QB and C be able to recognize what/when this happens.
    I for one still believe that this is the biggest weakness we have on our team.
    The ability to make correct line calls (pre-snap) to exploit what the D is trying to do.

If Gussy boy and Matt can get this straight, it will be a long day for Kiffin and his D.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Garcia should have been a Viking in 2005.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    You're correct but I don't think that does us any good now
    ;D
    Could you imagine if this team had a steady/consistent QB these past two years?

"singersp" wrote:
    And I suspect he could have been if he wouldn't have bolted straight to what he thought was the best option to win a SB.

Wonder how that has worked out for him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    This game won't be decided by Garcia but rather how thier secondary/linebackers are used to counter a passing attack designed to exploit a cover 2 scheme as well as support the run.

Lest we forget, in the cover 2 the LB'rs play a role in dropping back into the short lanes to take away the quick slants.
    Decision by Kiffin will be how often does he gamble and drop LB'rs into coverage.

The ability to make correct line calls (pre-snap) to exploit what the D is trying to do.

If Gussy boy and Matt can get this straight, it will be a long day for Kiffin and his D.

Got no beef with what you said

But if you hit quick slants they are supposed to be thrown before you even get close to where the LBs are.. So they don't play a huge role in them.. They can make a tackle but if they are lined up behind the DE or a little off they aren't there to make a play on a quick slant

Its a quick 2-3 steps in and the ball is out

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Got no beef with what you said

But if you hit quick slants they are supposed to be thrown before you even get close to where the LBs are.. So they don't play a huge role in them.. They can make a tackle but if they are lined up behind the DE or a little off they aren't there to make a play on a quick slant

Its a quick 2-3 steps in and the ball is out
    Nope, I disagree, it isn't like he is gonna turn and run to the reciever and run with him, the LB is supposed to drop 2 steps into that lane thereby obscuring the passing lane to the WR.

V4L

I could see that with a WR in the slot

But if the WR is split out and the ball comes out right away the LB is way far away if they are just dropping back into coverage

That's why when we play the Packers they like to hit us with the quick slants.. Our LBs are more towards the line then out near the flats

"V4L" wrote:
    I could see that with a WR in the slot

But if the WR is split out and the ball comes out right away the LB is way far away if they are just dropping back into coverage

That's why when we play the Packers they like to hit us with the quick slants.. Our LBs are more towards the line then out near the flats
    Great stuff, but I still kindof disagree.

The reason the Packers (before Sunday) have been successfull is because our LB'rs were used to get pressure and did not (very seldom) drop into thier passing lane responsibility, again, just a couple of steps regardless of the slot or the wideout being used.

V4L

http://www.sportsgamer.com/assets/images/08.01.08.08.04.07.jpg

This is the best pick I could find of a formation

On the left side if the WR takes 2-3 steps in and the ball is out right away there is no way the LB can be there quick enough.. It's all on the corner.. A couple steps later the LB will be in position to make a tackle.. But as for coverage if you get the ball out fast enough it's not on the LB at all IMO

Of course I could be wrong and im just seeing teams hit us with the slants really fast and then our LBs are there to make a tackle

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast