Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

How do we beat Da Bears after da Bye Preview

Well, I figured it was coming sooner or later...thought I'd start the pre-game hoopla.
    I think we can beat the Bears.
    While we're taking an extra week to get our gameplan together, they'll be taking another pounding at Green Bay (hope they knock each other silly!!)
    And, I think we might actually match up pretty good at this point.

They've lost Tank and his backup, Vasher and Brown in the secondary.
    Archuleta, Tommie Harris, Tillman and Briggs are all questionable to be able to play this Sunday...and other backups are banged up as well.
    They are a hurting unit.
    Even Urlacher is on the list with a sore back.
    Hello Brian, meet Tony Richardson, and Jimmy K, and Dugan...how's that for a spinal adjustment?

OK?
    Meet our new friend, Adrian Peterson
    ;D

Up to this point, opponents have been completing 71.5% of their passes on the Bears...worst in the league.
    Even better?
    They are fifth worst in yards per completion!!
    OK so they're 10th against the run...but they've allowed 3 rushing TDs, with a long of 54 yds and will be at a severe disadvantage there if Harris misses playing time (the other top two DTs already gone,) so PLEASE, DON'T ABANDON THE RUN!!
    But, expect to find some room to pass!
    Take the time, watch the tapes (our games and theirs) and find that slant, and the other openings in their zone.

Our defense matches up even better!
    Their QB play has been horrendous!
    They are third last in yds/game...7th worst in points/game...5th least passing yds with 3 TD and 9 INTs!!
    Fourth in sacks allowed!
    (We're 6th by the way-ouch!)
    AND, 6th least rushing yds/game and a low 3.3 average!!
    I'M HOPING FOR A HUGE DAY ON VIKING DEFENSE!!!!

And, finally, another W!
    What do you say PPO?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats;jsessionid=11437A7D778D8CDD5C6302B03 D71D00E?offensiveStatisticCategory=null&archive=fa lse&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM _PASSING&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE&d-447263-n=1&season=2007&qualified=false&Submit=Find&tabSeq =2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: How do we beat Da Bears after da Bye Preview

Hopefully we pound them into submission tomorrow night.. soften them up a little more for you. I would enjoy nothing more than to watch 'Da Bears' lose 3 straight in the division. If we defeat them tomorrow, somehow I think they will pack it in for the year!
    ;D

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"mountainviking" wrote:

Up to this point, opponents have been completing 71.5% of their passes on the Bears...worst in the league.
    Even better?
    They are fifth worst in yards per completion!!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats;jsessionid=11437A7D778D8CDD5C6302B03 D71D00E?offensiveStatisticCategory=null&archive=fa lse&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM _PASSING&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE&d-447263-n=1&season=2007&qualified=false&Submit=Find&tabSeq =2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1
    That all sounds and looks great Mountainviking.
    If we can complete 55% of our passes I will be happy.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

We need to run AD and do it all game. TJ needs to make a statement and I think he will. If not we are looking at a top 5 draft pick. I am glad I get to see this game live. It should be fun. First time at Soldier Field.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"pack93z" wrote:
    Hopefully we pound them into submission tomorrow night.. soften them up a little more for you. I would enjoy nothing more than to watch 'Da Bears' lose 3 straight in the division. If we defeat them tomorrow, somehow I think they will pack it in for the year!
    ;D
    I hear ya pack93z, but it's a rare occasion that I can pull for the Pack, especially when we're behind them in the standings.
    I hope that the Bears can somehow put it together so there's at least some hope in the standings coming out of the bye.
    *removes purple-hope glasses.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"SKOL" wrote:
    I hear ya pack93z, but it's a rare occasion that I can pull for the Pack, especially when we're behind them in the standings.
    I hope that the Bears can somehow put it together so there's at least some hope in the standings coming out of the bye.
    *removes purple-hope glasses.
    There is always the wild-card
    ;D

Six games into the season, and the Bears out of it... dead last in the division, PRICELESS

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Simple, we outscore them.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Thanks for clearing that up for me singer, my forehead was all wrinkled up tryin' to come up with our plan of attack. That just cuts right to the bottom line. I like that plan, and we are due to score some points, as we have left quite a few on the field with missed oppurtunities. Heck I say our defense even gets a score next weekend.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

People are always so worried about the bears but this looks to be one of the easier games on our schedule. Not to say we'll blow them out or even win but they are completely decimated by injuries and their offense could definitely rival ours in the horrible category.

The key to the game is to blitz Griese and pick him off. That simple. He's no Favre so we can throw our linebackers at him without worrying too much about the middle of the field. Play him like we did Harrington. I'm not worried about their run game at all. Benson looks like a bust and our run D is still stellar.

On offense we need to essentially run marty ball. Just run the ball down their throats to no end and then run the play action and hope to hell that our o-line remembers how to pass block.

That's my two cents. Obviously we won't end up doing that but it would be fun/interesting to see it. I think we'll actually end up throwing a lot more since the Bears secondary is so banged up (we don't know if they'll be more banged up after the packers game tonight).

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

We need to figure out how to stop the following guys on offense:

T-Jones (Wait he was traded)

OK, we need to make sure the following guys on D don't make any plays:

Dvoracek
    (Wait out for the season)
    Brown

(Wait out for the season)
    Briggs

(Wait out with a Hamstring)
    Vasher

(Wait out with a groin injury)
    Tillman

(Wait out with an ankle injury)
    Archuleta
    (Wait out with a broken wrist)

OK, we just need to show up.
    They will probably have already benched Greeeesy for Orton and Benson still won't be able to run the ball (3.2 ypc).

SKOL Vikes will be sung many times that day my friends.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast