Giants/Vikings: What to watch for
* The Vikings and Giants have 2 of the top 10 rushing offenses and rushing defenses in the league,
with the Vikings ranking #1 in both categories and the Giants ranking #7 in both categories.
* The Vikings offense is leading the NFL with an average of 5.9 rushing yards per carry, which
currently ranks as the highest yards-per-carry average in NFL history.
* The Vikings can continue to climb the team charts for the most 100-yard rushers in a season.
This year the team currently has 6 games with 100-yard rushers (Peterson 5, Taylor 1), which is
tied for 2nd all-time; the team high is 8 (Robert Smith 8, 2000).
* With one punt of 50+ yards, P Chris Kluwe can break the teamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s all-time single season record
of 50+ yard punts. Currently Kluwe and Mitch Berger hold that record with 22 punts of 50+
* With the start, C Matt Birk will move into 2nd place for most starts by a center in team history
(102). He is currently tied with Dennis Swilley for 2nd place with 101.
* RB Chester Taylor can move closer to Michael BennettÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s record of 1,978 rushing yards in fi rst
2 seasons with the team. Taylor currently is 2nd all-time with 1,684.