Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Bears/Vikings Connections

VIKINGS-BEARS CONNECTIONS – Vikings’ K Paul Edinger played for the Bears the past five seasons (2000-04) and ranks third in Bears’ history with 110 FGs…
    Edinger was a high school teammate of Bears’ TE Desmond Clark at Kathleen High School in Lakeland, FL…
    Vikings’ WR Marcus Robinson played the first 5 seasons of his career in Chicago (1998-02) and set a Bears’ franchise record with 1,400 yards receiving in 1999…
    Vikings’ LB Napoleon Harris is from Chicago and attended Thornton Township High in Harvey, IL and Northwestern University…
    Vikings’ LB coach Pete Bercich is from Joliet, IL and was one of five finalists for National Defensive Player of the Year at Providence High in 1989…
    Bercich was also a teammate of Bears’ FB Marc Edwards at Notre Dame…
    Vikings’ RB coach Dean Dalton coached with Bears’ head coach Lovie
    Smith at Wisconsin in 1987…
    Vikings’ G Chris Liwienski and Bears’ DE Adewale Ogunleye were teammates at Indiana…
    Vikings’ CB Antoine Winfield, LB Sam Cowart, S Ken Irvin, DT Pat Williams, and LB Keith Newman all played with Bears’ G Ruben Brown in Buffalo…
    Vikings’ defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell also coached for the Bills during Brown’s time there…
    Bears’ K Doug Brien was with the Vikings in 2002…
    Vikings’ TE Jermaine Wiggins and Bears’ WR Muhsin Muhammad were teammates in Carolina…
    Vikings’ WR Travis Taylor was a teammate of Bears’ DE Alex Brown, S Todd Johnson, and DT Ian Scott at Florida…
    Vikings’ RB Ciatrick Fason played with Johnson and Scott with the Gators…
    Vikings’ CB Ralph Brown played in the defensive backfield with Bears’ S Mike Brown at Nebraska…
    Vikings’ S Corey Chavous played in Arizona with Bears’ RB Thomas Jones…
    Jones also played with Vikings’ QB Brad Johnson in Tampa Bay in ’03…
    Vikings’ LS Cullen Loeffler played at Texas with Bears’ CB Nathan Vasher and RB Cedric Benson and when Bears’ WR coach Darryl Drake coached on the Longhorns’ staff…
    Vikings’ DT C.J. Mosley and Bears’ WR Justin Gage were teammates at Missouri…
    Vikings’ CB Ralph Brown and T Mike Rosenthal were teammates of Bears’ P Brad Maynard with the N.Y. Giants…
    Bears’ LB Brendon Ayanbadejo’s older brother, Obafemi, played for the Vikings in 1998…
    Vikings’ LB Keith Newman and Bears’ OL Roberto Garza played with the Falcons together…
    Vikings’ TE Jeff Dugan, QB Shaun Hill, LB E.J. Henderson, and C Melvin
    Fowler were all teammates of Bears’ LB Leon Joe at Maryland…
    Vikings’ G Marcus Johnson played on the line at Ole Miss with Bears’ OL Terrence Metcalf…
    Bears’ C Olin Kreutz played at Washington when Vikings’ offensive assistant/assistant QB coach Randy Hanson was on the Huskies’ staff…
    Bears’ QB coach Wade Wilson was an 8th-round draft pick by the Vikings in 1981 and went on to play 11 seasons (1981-91) in Minnesota…
    Wilson played with Vikings’ DE Lance Johnstone in Oakland…
    Bears’ asst. special teams coach Charlie Coiner coached at the University of Minnesota in 1987…
    Bears’ assistant DB coach Torrian Gray was a 2nd-round draft pick of the Vikings in 1997 and was with the team from 1997-2000…
    Vikings’ CB Antoine Winfield and DE Darrion Scott played at Ohio State when Bears’ RB coach Tim Spencer coached the Buckeyes’ running backs…
    Vikings’ defensive line coach Brian Baker and TE coach John Tice played at
    Maryland with Bears’ Director of Pro Personnel Bobby DePaul…
    Vikings’ S Corey Chavous played at Vanderbilt when Bears’ DB coach Perry Fewell coached the secondary for the Commodores…
    Vikings’ P Chris Kluwe played for UCLA when Bears’ defensive line coach Don Johnson coached at UCLA

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bears/Vikings Connections

"webmaster" wrote:
    Vikings’ WR Marcus Robinson played the first 5 seasons of his career in Chicago (1998-02) and set a Bears’ franchise record with 1,400 yards receiving in 1999…
    Vikings’ LB Napoleon Harris is from Chicago and attended Thornton Township High in Harvey, IL and Northwestern University…
    I hope that M-Rob gets a chance to perform on Sunday. Players ususally have good homecomings in this situation.

Too bad Nap isn't going to be starting. I did hear that correctly didn't I. Didn't someone say that Nap in being benched?????????????

Isn't our assistant line guy and former player, Corbin Lucina a former Bear.

I think he played there his last season.

He is not listed on the website as a coach, but I saw or heard his named mentioned as a sideline coach on Sunday.***

Correct me if I am wrong.

Isn't our assistant line guy and former player and Minnesota native, Corbin Lucina a former Bear.

I forgot to add that.