Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

" Who are they really" PPO's 20 Questions with SINGERSP

So let’s get started and give our other fellow PP.O members and staff a better understanding of who Singer really is.

PP.O name: SINGERSP
    Current City: Fountain City, WI
    Hometown: Winona, MN
    Occupation: Project Designer for TRW Automotive. Designing primarily HVAC controls, steering column switches & instrument panel electronic control center stack bezel assemblies.

1) Steve, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I grew up in Winona, MN, which is in the southeast corner of the state & right on the Mississippi river.

I am the oldest male in the family. I have an older set of twin sisters as well as a younger set of twin half-sisters. They are the youngest. I also have one brother & another sister who was born in between. My mom & dad divorced when I was quite young, so I have no memory of him living at home.

I was married for 17 years & we had two wonderful children. Viking_Queen (Mandy) & Viking_Goddess (Jessica). I have been divorced for 8-1/2 years now, but of course as you all know I will be getting married in a few months to my beautiful fiancée (Jevy or Jing Jing as they call her) from the Philippines.

2) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?

I was a good kid in school, was always on the A or B honor roll. I had a good memory, so I never had to study much. I never got into trouble at school, although in my senior year there would be weekend parties with friends. The Penthouse & Playboy centerfolds that suddenly appeared for the entire class to see when the project screen was pulled down, I know nothing about.

I wasn’t in any sports in high school, primarily because of my small size. When I graduated, I believe I only weighed around 110 lbs if even that. However, I did play safety on the football team in junior high for one year. I did try out for the diving team & was on that for awhile, but lost interest in it & quit.

As far as clubs were concerned, I was in German Club.

3) What did you do after High School?

I got on the bus & went home. LOL

After High School, I went to a technical college for two years for Drafting & Design. I worked at nights after school & partied on weekends with friends. Went to some good concerts, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper twice, once when it was tear-gassed, Ted Nugent & Kiss. After graduation, I took a job at Collins-Rockwell international in Cedar Rapids, IA for 3 months & then moved back to be closer to my future wife at the time. I worked at a place that built woodstoves, building them, doing drafting for them, as well as shipping parts for them. When the job market got better, I took a job at TRW. It was called Lake Center Industries at the time. I have been there 26 years now, 13 of which I spent designing & laying out printed circuit boards.

4) What was your first car? What did you like about it most? Do you have any one story that reminds you about your first car?

WTF? I thought this was supposed to be 20 questions? Hell, you already tossed 2 questions into #2, now you’re asking 3 at a crack.

My first car was a 1965 Ambassador Rambler wagon. The best things I liked about it was the price of $200 & the fact that the rear seats folded down into a makeshift bed. A story that reminds me of my first car? Didn’t you read the last part of what I liked most about the car?

5) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?

I was purple when I came out of the womb. I started watching them in the mid-late 60’s when my step-father would go to his dads or my uncles to watch them play & took us kids along. I started watching them more often in the 70’s & by the mid 80’s I hated not watching or listening to them play.

6) Could you tell us one of your favorite memorys that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, ect...

One of my fondest was getting Bud Grant’s autograph. He was at the grand opening of a Menards store here about 5 years back. I have gotten several players autographs before, but there is an aura of greatness that the man exudes & the feeling that overcame me as I stood there before him is hard to describe.

7) How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?

I accidentally misspelled two words when I was GOOGLEing. I was searching for retard burglar & misspelled it re turd burglar. It immediately got several hundred
    “hits” all from Purple Pride, all from CajunVike.

Seriously though, I was searching for Vikings wallpapers & screensavers & it took me to PurplePride.or g. I read a few threads & decided it would be interesting to chime in with my opinions.
    Ironically, Del thought it would be interesting to bitch slap me around some as well. Ah the life of a newb!

8)
    We all look forward to your daily Vikings news post.
    You've earned the title "News Hound" with your dedication of posting the news on a daily basis.
    How much time do you put into it, and just how early do you get up to get started?

During the week, I usually hop on from 4am to around 7am. After work varies, but has been as much 7 hours straight. Typically I would say around 6 hours a day during the week. On a weekend, I’m on longer in the morning, unless of course it’s a home game.

9) What’s you favorite thread on PPO, past or current and why?

There really isn’t a favorite. I enjoy a lot of them. Some are short lived others linger on, especially if they have babes in them. I put a lot of posts in many of them including the “Women” thread, which was the counter thread to the “Men” thread that WBL used to post quite often in.

10) Most of us already know, you've made a lot of friends here on PP.O and you've gotten to meet many in person. What are some of your more memorable moments, when you actually met a PP.O member for the first time in person?

[img width=450 height=334]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/cebuned/Vikings%20Stuff/VikingTrip001.jpg[/img]

The biggest surprise is that some of them don’t look anything like their avatars. BLV must have shaved because he doesn’t look like a caveman in person. Prophet’s hair was not white & at least looked like he made an attempt to comb it & Webby looked nothing like Earl. Country girl is much hotter than her avatar depicts & Jargo didn’t look the least bit Asian, nor was he chewing on a stick when I met him. Marrdro kind of resembles his, but it was hard to tell because he wasn’t holding up a fish at the time.

There are too many memorable moments to mention. The overall friendliness of everyone I’ve met here is astounding. My first tailgate experience was wonderful. Webby & the rest of the PP.Oers that were there I thank for that.

The picture you & I had taken with the cheerleaders as well as when we met Shock & Jane for dinner that night was very enjoyable, as was watching you & Caine’s eyes light up like up when you walked into the dome for the very first time.

But kids come first. One of the tops on my list is when Caine brought his daughter up to see her first game. There is no better feeling than watching a kid be a part of the Vikings & dome experience for the very first time. I was just fortunate enough to be a part of that.

11) When you’re not on PPO (which doesn't seem to be very often) or at work, what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Talking to Jing or sleeping.

12) Do you have any pets and if so, what are they and what are their names?

I have two dogs, Heidi who I rescued from the pound is part Terrier & part Lab. Teddy, who I recently got from my daughter is a Malte-Poo pup.

I also have two cats, one of which I rescued from the pound. I call him Fuck Face because he has a defective fang that sticks out of his mouth. The other is a Siamese

13) We know your daughters go to many games with you.
    Where you an influence on them becoming Vikings Fans also? How is it for you to have two daughters who enjoy going to the tailgates and games with their dad?

I’ll give you a pass for asking two questions here, seeing as how you omitted #8.

I’d like to think I was an influence, I at least exposed them to the Vikings. They are intelligent girls & being raised in Wisconsin gave them two options, Vikings or Packers. Intelligence prevailed.

They are the better ones to ask how much I influenced that. But taking them to games must have certainly solidified that.

Although Viking_Queen also likes the Colts, primarily Peyton Manning.

I really love the fact that they enjoy going to the games & tailgates with me. I feel it brings us closer together. That’s something I have been trying to improve on over the past 7 years.

14) WHO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO FISH?

[img width=450 height=621]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/cebuned/100_1069b.jpg[/img]

My dad taught me how to pan fish at an early age with cane poles. Fishing with a rod & reel I learned on my own. My ex-father in-law taught me how to trout fish & you taught me how to fish for Fluke.

I think maybe you should try to teach yourself how to Fluke fish better. Then maybe you’d catch bigger ones & as many as I did.

15) I know you take a lot of pride in cooking.
    Can you tell us your favorite dish to prepare?

Either it’s my Lasagna with it’s 3-4 cheeses,
    my chicken with it’s secret coating that the Colonel doesn’t know about or one of my ~20 lb. cheesecakes.

16) What’s your favorite food?
    What’s your favorite tailgate food?

There you go again, trying to sneak in 2 questions & count them as 1.

My favorite food is grilled steak. Rib eyes, Porterhouse or T-bone cut 1-1/2 to 2 inches thick & weighing between 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. Blackened nicely on the outside, while rare-medium rare on the inside.

My favorite tailgate food would be grilled hamburgers, followed by a Champs Chocolate Lovers cone.

17) How did you like your trip to the Philippines when you went to meet Jing Jing for the first time?

I loved it.

18) What did you think of the People of Sagay and how did they welcome you?
    How many Filipinos are sporting Vikings Shirts these days?

[img width=450 height=317]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Cebu_PPO/c10.jpg[/img]

Multiple questions again?

The people there are very friendly, laid back, down to earth & sincere & welcomed me with open arms.

There is just 1 Filipino sporting a Vikings shirt & she looks damn sexy in it. Wait till she sees the matching thong I got her.

She will also have more Vikings clothes to wear when she gets here, including a jacket, sweatshirts & a Hutchinson jersey.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    The Vikings will have their big day. I think within 5 years. The first thing I’ll do is scream, jump for joy, hug & kiss my wife, high five my daughters & tell my son to give me 5.

20) Last but not least, this interview could not be complete without a Cheerleader Question...LMA O......WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE ALL TIME CHEERLEADER?

All time, it would have to be Rachel

Thanks Singer.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Re: " Who are they really" PPO's 20 Questions with SINGERSP

Hey, how come he didn't have to pick the next person?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Very nice Ned.
    I like this idea.
    ;D

My friend, I didn't know you worked for TRW.
    I was originally hired by them and then we were bought out/up by Northrop Grumman.

Very interesting.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

20 Questions with SINGERSP

??? Including compound questions & multiple question questions, I counted 30 questions in total.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"NordicNed" wrote:

14) WHO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO FISH?

[img width=450 height=621]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/cebuned/100_1069b.jpg[/img]

My dad taught me how to pan fish at an early age with cane poles. Fishing with a rod & reel I learned on my own. My ex-father in-law taught me how to trout fish & you taught me how to fish for Fluke.

I think maybe you should try to teach yourself how to Fluke fish better. Then maybe you’d catch bigger ones & as many as I did.
    Just so everyone is clear on that pic, both of those beauties I caught.

Jilly is offline Coach

Very nice! I met Singer at the last two Vikings home games but now I feel I know you much better. I'm amazed at the time you spend on PPO. Everytime I log on, you're here. Geez, get a life!
    Just kidding, do what you like and love what you do.
    Enjoy the game today.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Very cool idea. We should have more people do these.

I finally know your daughters names.
    ;D This could come in handy next year. Just kidding or am I.
    :-X

Did not know the work you did. My pops works for Johnson Controls. I am sure you have heard of them since you do automotive design.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Because he is Singersp. The man does whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

"baumy300" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    At least until Jing Jing gets here.
    :P

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    At least until Jing Jing gets here.
    :P
    That's the truth.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast