Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Mr Anderson ...

PP.O name: Mr. Anderson
    Erik Anderson
    Current City: Westfield, NJ
    Hometown:
    Westfield, NJ
    Student, any kind of manual labor I can find in the summer

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    I used a bunch of different names before coming to this site, mostly “nosredna,” which is just Anderson backwards. And after trolling for a while, and seeing how good of a site this was, knowing that I’d be around for a while, and not feeling like explaining my name a million times, I just went with Mr. Anderson.

2) Mr. Anderson, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
    I grew up in a pretty small north Jersey town called Westfield, it’s a beautiful upper-middle class town, although I’d say my family definitely falls in the lower portion of the socio-economic scale here.
    My father is a field designer for Con-Edison in NYC and commutes over an hour everyday by car to Brooklyn. He’s the hardest working man I know.
    My mother works at a shop downtown selling purses, shoes, little things for around the house, stupid stuff like that to women. I’m sure those of you with wives know the kind of stuff I mean.
    I have an older sister, and a younger brother.
    Starting next week I will be grooming my younger brother to be a beast like myself.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?
    I wasn’t the best student in the world. My high school consisted of a bunch of morons who worked way too hard, and cared far too much about high school to have any fun. They eliminated class rank because every year there were like 16-way ties for valedictorian. Although these kids got great grades in a very difficult school system, they were idiots. They were completely unbearable to speak to, and unless it came from one of their schoolbooks, they didn’t know it.

I’m the exact opposite. I love to learn, but hate being forced to learn in an organized environment. People I know are astounded by the amount of general knowledge I have accumulated through newspapers, magazines, TV shows, and the internet especially.

I put maybe 10% effort into my schoolwork and came out with a 3.2GPA, so I think I did alright, but I also had a lot of fun in HS.

I wasn’t involved with any clubs in high school, but I most definitely played sports.

I’ll start by saying that I’m 6’4” 275 pounds. I am a large human being. I played 3 years of HS Football, I elected not to go out for the team my senior year. People always ask me why, and it’s a number of things. I was kind of burnt out by football, I began playing when I was 9.
    Even with my size, strength, intelligence, and athleticism I got very little varsity playing time as a junior outside of special teams. I could never figure out why, and got really sick of busting my ass every day for nothing. I dominated the junior varsity levels, I must have had 25 sacks my junior year.

I was also a member of the track and field team. I threw shot put and discus. I was elected captain for both winter and spring seasons. In the seasons that I was a captain I received the “Most Valuable Senior Award” for the field portion of the team, although I believe I would have won it overall as well. They messed up the trophy both seasons though lol. I loved track and field, and still follow it closely.

4) What did you do after High School?
    I’m only one year removed from high school and attend Rutgers University.

5)What was your first job?
    Back in 6th or 7th grade a friend and I started a little company going around mowing lawns that lasted about a month haha.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
    My father became a Vikings fan when he was a kid watching the Purple People Eaters. I didn’t really pay any attention to football until about first grade. I don’t remember much besides really like Warren Moon. Then the 98 season rolled around, the same time I started playing football, so I was football crazy. And I really loved to watch the Vikings and Moss especially.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
    Probably last year both of Peterson’s huge games. I was home for the weekend of the Bears game, I was watching it at my friend with Direct TV’s house, by myself in his basement. Everyone else was upstairs watching different games, and they’d hear me going nuts every once in a while. I come upstairs and his dad goes “So this kid Peterson’s pretty damn good huh” as he says that, Peterson broke another TD run.

A few weeks later Peterson breaks the single game record, and I knew we were privileged to have this kid on our team, I’m so excited for the year to come.

8)How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
    I found PPO googling Moss trade rumors, the exchange of info among fans and up to the minute newbreaks that I’d never get here in NJ.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
    I’m really not too big of a follower of any other sport besides the NFL. But I grew up playing baseball before high school and watching the Yankees.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
    I really enjoy lifting weights, hanging out with my friends, going to parties, listening to music, playing video games, watching TV, a bunch of stuff I guess.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
    Nope. I know I can’t control anything that happens on the field, to me superstition and prayers is a thing of the past.

12)Where do you watchVikings games?
    I mooch off of people I know with Direct TV.

13)What is your worst fear?
    Disappointing the people who care about me.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
    Lifting weights, playing video games(not nearly as much since college, but I have a whole summer ahead)

15) What’s your favorite food?
    Don’t do this to me. I love so many different foods.

I’m a huge breakfast fan, so Ham Egg and Cheese sandwiches on an everything bagel from Bagel Chateau is definitely up there.

Or a meatball parm sub from Genarro’s.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
    I’ve actually never been on a plane. The farthest I’ve traveled south is Virginia, I went to Williamsburg with my family when I was younger. West I’ve been to Pittsburgh. North I’ve gone to New Hampshire and Massachusetts. I’ve got to say, I didn’t really love any of them. Hopefully I can extend that to Minnesota for a game at the dome soon. I’ve been to DC as well, I liked everything there except for the weather it was too humid for me.
    I plan to travel to Sweden after I graduate college, I think I’d love it there.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    I’m not really sure. I have no big goal or objective set for myself at this point. I just want to live a good, respected life, and do good things for my family and others.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    Westfield, NJ. I really love it here, but I don’t really know anywhere else.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    I force myself to remain pessimistic. I don’t think we will ever win the Super Bowl, I hate making big predictions like that. If we do, I’ll probably cry haha

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    The reaction to the Adrian Peterson selection in last year’s draft.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Mr Anderson ...

Good read.

Too bad you got burnt out on football in HS though..
    Your senior year would've probably been the year you'd broke out and gotten some huge recognition.

For some reason, I always though you lived across the pond..
    lol
    Westfield sounds like a really nice place.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Good read. Always enjoy what you bring to the PP.O table.Knew you were quite intelligent already.
    I predict a bright future for Mr. Anderson.
    Good luck.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    PP.O name: Mr. Anderson

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
    I’ve actually never been on a plane.
    Wow.
    That's just amazing.

Glad to know more about you, dude!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Oh I didn't even realize this was posted.

Nothing else has really changed.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:

Dude - you need to get on a plane and drag your ass here for a game.
    I can think of no better reason that does not involve getting laid multiple times.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Dude - you need to get on a plane and drag your ass here for a game.
    I can think of no better reason that does not involve getting laid multiple times.

=Z=
    I'm honestly willing to drive. Which ever one is cheaper, although I doubt the car would make it all the way.

I'll wait for later in the season since every weekend I'll be attending RU games, and December 23rd to late January I'm off as well, I'd love to make it up there for a game. I'm working on it.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Great read Mr. A.
    You have it together for a young'un, as soon as you get your crotch sniffing under control you will be a complete person.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the read my friend.

You and I need to get to a game/tailgate sometime with a wipe board.
    We could come up with a damn good game plan.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

nice read.....great getting to know you a bit better

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast