Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Schutz ...

PP.O name: Schutz
    Current City:Fargo, ND
    Hometownawson, MN

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    Well I figured my last name is good enough for my family, so it's good enough for my screen name.

2) Schutz, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
    I was born in a little meth town called Morris, MN and then my family moved to Dawson when I was in 3rd grade.
    My dad has been a life long Truck Diver for A.G.P. in Dawson, MN and my mom is the high school secretary.
    I have a sister and a brother, and sadly I am the middle child.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?
    B- high school student with some Fs here and there because I just never really tried or was challenged.
    I didn't get involved with sports until my Junior year and I played Varsity football and Baseball while being the stat book taker for Varsity basketball.
    I was also in four musicals, knowledge bowl, choir, band, and enjoyed any unofficial sports I could play during the off year.

4) What did you do after High School?
    Went to a year of college and majored in being on idiot.
    I then proceeded to get a "real life" education working as a meal loader at a soy bean plant.
    I am now back at MSUM for social studies education and have maintained a 3.92 GPA over two semesters.

5)What was your first job?
    My first job was working at hot stuff pizza for a year making sub par quality food in small town Minnesota.
    I never returned to food service ever again.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
    I can't tell for sure, but I'm pretty sure I was born one.
    From what I remember though I started being a full time fan about a year or so before we drafted Randy Moss, and I was spoiled by my first Viking years with crazy catch Carter.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
    My favorite memory is still Mike Tice breaking up a big fight between the Packer and Vikings.
    All these fully padded players getting pushed around by an NFL head coach who stood about a head length taller than everyone on the field.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
    I was looking for some Vikings news and happened to stumble upon the site.
    I felt like sharing some of my disliking for Childress and company and I've been an avid user since.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
    The Minnesota Twins, New England Patriots, Minnesota Twins, T-wolves/Wild same level, Minnesota Twins, Minnesota Twins.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
    Frantically finishing some project I put off too long, playing a little 360 with the friends, reading a book, or plotting world domination.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
    Not so much a prayer, but more so a plee that the Vikings don't embarass themselves.

12)Where do you watch Vikings games?
    At home in front of my 56inch Samsung 1080P high def television.
    Why over pay for beer at the game or a bar that you can't see very well, when you can have front row seats with cheap beer at home.

13)What is your worst fear?
    Needles, I once tore off most my pinky toenail and they wanted to give me stitches, I told them if I wasn't bleeding out they can just figure out a way to put a butterfly bandage on it and call it good.
    I got a butterfly bandage and went home.
    ;D

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
    Reading History, PPO, and I've started to pick up gold again so I'm sure that will take up a lot of my free time this summer.

15) What’s your favorite food?
    Chili, I just enjoy foods where you can throw in tons of stuff and enjoy a multitude of textures and tastes.
    Give me a good chili cookoff over anything else any day of the week.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
    Ummm, unlike every other member of my family I've never been out of the midwest.
    I guess I've never had the urge to go over seas or take a road trip to the coasts.
    I guess for favorites I enjoy the Twins Cities for sports, and they have one of the best theater communities in the nation.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    Go to Germany during Octoberfest.
    Someday I will, and even though I won't remember the trip I will have pictures to prove why the Germans have much better taste in beer than we do.
    As a rule of thumb if the beer is near the same color as my urine, I won't drink it.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    Germany, the landscape is amazing, their economy is just as good as ours, and they have a passion for one of the most important things in my life, good beer.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    Maybe, probably not within my lifetime though, they just enjoy ruining every fall for me.
    ;D
    If we did win a superbowl, I would probably drink until I forgot we won.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    Moving all over Mar's spread sheet on a day to day basis.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Schutz ...

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Reading History, PPO, and I've started to pick up gold again so I'm sure that will take up a lot of my free time this summer.
    That sounds like a pretty cool hobby, where does one go to "Pick up Gold" anyway?
    Nevermind I probably wouldn't have time anyway, I dont want it to cut in the ammount of time I have to play golf.
    If you are ever out this way I would happily exchange some golf pointers (I am pretty decent) if you can help me learn to pick up some extra gold.
    LOL

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Turboe" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

That sounds like a pretty cool hobby, where does one go to "Pick up Gold" anyway?

Nevermind I probably wouldn't have time anyway, I dont want it to cut in the ammount of time I have to play golf.
    If you are ever out this way I would happily exchange some golf pointers (I am pretty decent) if you can help me learn to pick up some extra gold.
    LOL
    Haha, I meant xbox live gold, oops.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

...As a rule of thumb if the beer is near the same color as my urine, I won't drink it...
    Admirable rule of thumb.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Where are you on the old spreadsheet today?

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Where are you on the old spreadsheet today?
    I could only assume near the bottom as of late.
    But then again all I have to do is agree about something Childress or anybody in the Triangle of Doom say and I'll be right back up there.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    ...As a rule of thumb if the beer is near the same color as my urine, I won't drink it...
    Admirable rule of thumb.
    And if your urine is the same color as your Bloody Mary, you might want to schedule a checkup.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Admirable rule of thumb.
    And if your urine is the same color as your Bloody Mary, you might want to schedule a checkup.
    It's not supposed to be like that?
    Damn it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Why over pay for beer at the game or a bar that you can't see very well, when you can have front row seats with cheap beer at home.
    Because nothing beats the live experience. It is worth every penny.

"marstc09" wrote:
    Because nothing beats the live experience. It is worth every penny.
    Meh, I enjoy a live Twins game every so often if I'm in town for 20-30 bucks, but I've just never gotten that much out of live vs. home.
    Not enough to warrant me driving 6 hours round trip with hotel, gas, food, and tickets.
    I just like watching at home on the big screen and surfing the other games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast