Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with ThorSPL ...

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Good interview Thor.


    I lived in Austin for about 6 mos. back in 1987. That during the Cram your spam days with the union and the non union workers really going at it. I never cared for the town but I did get to know a few really good people.

    Did you graduate from Austin HS?
    Class of 98 actually.
    Started out with 404 students, graduated with 247; love that attendance policy!
    Sounds about right.

    The one thing I remember most about that town were the police.

  2. #12
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with ThorSPL ...

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Good interview Thor.


    I lived in Austin for about 6 mos. back in 1987. That during the Cram your spam days with the union and the non union workers really going at it. I never cared for the town but I did get to know a few really good people.

    Did you graduate from Austin HS?
    Class of 98 actually.
    Started out with 404 students, graduated with 247; love that attendance policy!
    Sounds about right.

    The one thing I remember most about that town were the police.

    What about the police exactly?


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with ThorSPL ...

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    Great read Thor, I really enjoyed learning more about you.

    Hockey, Football, Tennis, and Tae Kwon Do were my sports…
    What is your rank?
    Are you still involved?
    Thanks, I should do an update actually; I submitted it 6 months ago or so!!

    I got up to Blue Belt before other sports took too much of my time.... when I broke my back, I never got back in to it.
    Yeah, injuries can slow you down.
    I'm 63 and I am currently a brown belt (I test for red this week) hoping to get black this fall.
    It is great exercise, and if you can't do everything the instructors are great about letting you take your time and only do what you are capable of.
    The couple who own the ATA franchise here are in their mid seventies and she just went to World where she tested for 6th degree.
    Wonderful sport that keeps you flexible and challenges you everytime you go.

  4. #14
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with ThorSPL ...

    Nice read Thor.
    Are you done with your PhD?
    I think I vaguely recall you saying it is a done deal.
    If so, congrats.
    If not, get off your ass and get it done.
    I heard you will be offering free counseling services to all the lunatics on pp.o.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #15
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with ThorSPL ...

    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    Great read Thor, I really enjoyed learning more about you.

    Hockey, Football, Tennis, and Tae Kwon Do were my sports…
    What is your rank?
    Are you still involved?
    Thanks, I should do an update actually; I submitted it 6 months ago or so!!

    I got up to Blue Belt before other sports took too much of my time.... when I broke my back, I never got back in to it.
    Yeah, injuries can slow you down.
    I'm 63 and I am currently a brown belt (I test for red this week) hoping to get black this fall.
    It is great exercise, and if you can't do everything the instructors are great about letting you take your time and only do what you are capable of.
    The couple who own the ATA franchise here are in their mid seventies and she just went to World where she tested for 6th degree.
    Wonderful sport that keeps you flexible and challenges you everytime you go.
    I definitely enjoyed it when I was in; but I no longer have the time to do much... I am joining a hockey league here in Omaha so that will eat up ANY free time I have...

    Good luck testing for your black belt, that is a huge accomplishment.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  6. #16
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with ThorSPL ...

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Nice read Thor.
    Are you done with your PhD?
    I think I vaguely recall you saying it is a done deal.
    If so, congrats.
    If not, get off your ass and get it done.
    I heard you will be offering free counseling services to all the lunatics on pp.o.
    I'm done with my classwork; I'm on internship so that's the last piece of the puzzle (that and my dissertation, which IS coming along)....

    I have a feeling I WILL be doing that with some of our expectations here....


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  7. #17
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with ThorSPL ...

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Nice read Thor.
    Are you done with your PhD?
    I think I vaguely recall you saying it is a done deal.
    If so, congrats.
    If not, get off your ass and get it done.
    I heard you will be offering free counseling services to all the lunatics on pp.o.
    I'm done with my classwork; I'm on internship so that's the last piece of the puzzle (that and my dissertation, which IS coming along)....

    I have a feeling I WILL be doing that with some of our expectations here....
    Good luck finishing the process!
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #18
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with ThorSPL ...

    1) How did you choose your screen name? I was always called Thor once high school rolled around, even more so in college… BUT it’s fairly common for screen names.
    During my first couple of years of college I got into car audio competitions… SPL was short for “sound pressure level”.
    I added that and had a username that NOBODY else had… plus it’s fun to explain that I have, in fact, broken two windshields with a stereo.
    Nice. I love
    car audio.

  9. #19
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,776
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with ThorSPL ...

    Nice read Thor and great to know some more about you. Good luck with studies !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  10. #20
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with ThorSPL ...

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

    12)Where do you watch Vikings games?
    After one year of watching it at the local Hooters, I did the math and got Sunday Ticket…
    I now watch every game on my 125” screen with a HD projector. BEST investment ever.

    Sounds pretty cool, lets see some pics of your setup.


    I have several questions.
    How far back do you normally sit to be able to take in that big of a screen?
    Is it 1080p or 720p and how bright is the projected image?
    Does the quality of a projected image that large depend quite a bit on the screen type/quality?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ThorSPL is moving back to Minnesota!
    By ThorSPL in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 07:23 PM
  2. Congratz ThorSPL on the Darren Bennett (2) G!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 11:49 AM
  3. Happy Birthday, ThorSPL!
    By Zeus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 09:09 PM
  4. Congratz ThorSPL on the HoF
    By cogitans in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 06:58 AM
  5. Congratz ThorSPL on the Warren Moon (1) G!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 07:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •