Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with OchoCinco...

PP.O name: OchoCinco
    (deal wit it…lol)
    Current City: Dayton, oh
    Hometown: Rushford, MN

Dayton Interventional Radiology

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    Originally was Gdavikes84, which dated back a year
    or two ago when I first joined.
    Combo of my fist initial, my team, and my favorite player at the time, don’t want to rile anyone so I will just say his name ryhmes with Handy Toss.
    I am now OchoCinco since I am in Bengal country now, and I just traded one temper mental receiver for another….lol.

2) OchoCinco could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family? I am from a small town in SE MN called Rushford, which was a great place to grow up.
    I have 2 sisters, we were a blue collar family that did a lot of camping, hunting, fishing, sports.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such? I was a solid B student. I played football, baseball, basketball. I played on the 1989 MN State champion basketball team from Rushford, (we beat former Viking Todd Bouman’s RTR team) Was in the state championship in football that same year but lost.

4) What did you do after High School? I joined the USAF fresh out of school and found myself in the middle of Saudi Arabia and Operation Desert Storm a year later. Ended up staying around for 10 years, but got out in lue of better opportunities. I have now worked in Interventional Radiology for 15 years, in various hospital’s and Cardiac Cath Labs in Dayton. I am now in a private practice that see’s patients with back & leg pain and do a lot of cutting edge procedures.

5)What was your first job? I worked for the city as a youth league baseball coach.
    I did work with my dad a lot growing up on ranches and a custom lumber mill, but that was the first paycheck job I had. Also was a dishwasher in a steak house.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings? Birth…I remember Sundays yelling at the T.V. with my dad from a very young age.
    We lived pretty rurally so I remember many Sundays being sent up on the roof to adjust the antenna to get the game to come in better…lol. I guess that’s the motivating factor as to
    why I have the NFL Sunday ticket now.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
    My most clear memory was a game between the Viking’s and Cleveland (maybe people can help me here). I remember the game just had a few seconds left and my dad got up and left the room. I held out hope and watched as Tommy Kramer heaved a hail mary to Ahmad Rashad for the win. My dad thought I lost my mind as I screamed around the house.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site? By accident like most, on information searches.
    Found it to be the most fun and informative
    with people who had the same passion I had, so I stuck around.

9) What other sports teams do you follow? Twins, Wolves,
    Purdue football since I am close with receiver Greg Orton ( he also mentors my son who is a receiver).

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
    PS3 with my son (COD4, Madden, Tiger woods, baseball) many heated matches in the new Vikings Man cave…lol. Playing golf, hangin with the family, movie night is big in my house so if you need a movie review let me know.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games? Not really, more of a pregame ritual thing.

12)Where do you watch Vikings games?
    NFL Sunday ticket…I was at the Vikings-bengals massacre a couple years back, and saw the vikes-colts on MNF, and went to Detroit for a game.

13)What is your worst fear? Death & auto repair shops

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy? See 10

15) What’s your favorite food? Steak, nothing better.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites. Lived in N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Nebraska, Alabama, D.C…….. favorite would hands down be Miami, Florida. spent a week on South Beach.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime? Seen a Vikings game at the dome….will be there though if a new stadium ever opens.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be? Miami, Florida

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    I think our time is coming, and if it does you can bet your azz I’ll be there!

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories? Watching as Del used to squish trolls left and right, that dude was the best, miss him.
    Anything the Prophet throws out there is good in my book, ( some of my favorites are his back and forths with Bono) we have similar sense of humor. Zeus….I gotta meet that cat one day… SKOL brothers….

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with OchoCinco...

13)What is your worst fear? Death & auto repair shops
    I wish one of my friends was a mechanic.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Nice to meet you and know more about you, OchoCinco.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

I think I set the alltime record for fewest views in these types of threads. Wow, my life summed up in a 2 response thread....lol..

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Haha, not at all... There's just a new one of these every 15 minutes, can't keep up with them.

You were in the USAF, what did you fly? Or did you work on the planes? I've been interested in Airplanes since I was a kid. I wanted to join the USAF too, but my parent's weren't too keen on the idea.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

OK, I'll add to it to make you feel more "appreciated."
    ;D

I was also at the Bengals/Vikes game a few years back in Cincinnati. I had the worst time I've ever had at a football game as the Bengals fans were very rude. I had food thrown at me as well as beer spilled on me. Frankly, I was scared so I left the game at the start of the last quarter and went home. What surprised me is that I was sitting in seats where you'd normally find better fans. I was on the 40 yard line about 10 rows up from the field. I live near Cincinnati and a friend of mine has season tickets and I went with him.
    I hear Philly fans are the worse but if they are they must really be bad.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"OchoCinco" wrote:
    I think I set the alltime record for fewest views in these types of threads. Wow, my life summed up in a 2 response thread....lol..
    I read it. As I do all of them.

It's just not always there is a need for a follow up question.

But good to get to know you better

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    "OchoCinco" wrote:
    I read it. As I do all of them.

It's just not always there is a need for a follow up question.

But good to get to know you better
    Does he even post here? ;D

I also try to at lkeast read all of them. It is great to find out more about our PPO brothers and sisters.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    PP.O name: OchoCinco

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories? Watching as Del used to squish trolls left and right, that dude was the best, miss him.
    Anything the Prophet throws out there is good in my book, ( some of my favorites are his back and forths with Bono) we have similar sense of humor. Zeus….I gotta meet that cat one day… SKOL brothers….
    Make it so, 85, make it so!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Good read oc, i've had a 6-pack on my desk for about a half a year that i've been meaning to send you.
    It will get there soon.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast