Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with i_bleed_purple .......

PP.O name: i_bleed_purple
    Current City: Thunder Bay
    Hometown: Thunder Bay

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    Well, I've belonged to a few different NFL forums, and my screen name has always been purple_pride.
    Having found pp.o, i decided it would be a little weird having purple_pride as my screen name, so i changed it.
    I had heard the expression from a fan that they bleed their colours, so alas... i_bleed_purple

2) i_bleed_purple, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I grew up in the small city of Thunder Bay (117,000 people), which is on the shore of Lake Superior, about 30 mins north of the Ontario/Minnesota border.
    I did lots of outdoor stuff like sports, but i never really got into outdoor activities like hunting and fishing.
    I still live at home with my parents and younger sister.
    My dad has always been a vikings fan since the days of Tarkenton, and my Mom and Sister will have nothing to do with football.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?
    I was an honour student, constantly on the honour roll, but also a "disturber of the peace"
    I've been suspended a few times in gr. 9 and 10 for pulling pranks, but matured since then(a bit).
    I played Football in high school, and started at a whole bunch of positions, including runningback, Cornerback, Safety, Slot Reciever, Kick Returner and Punter.
    Funny enough, at 5'7", 150lbs, i also was 2nd string RDE for a few games because i was so fast off the line, no lineman could block me.

4) What did you do after High School?

Currently i work at a community radio station building a new website for them (http://www.luradio.ca/newsite)
    It should hopefully be finished in a few weeks.
    I also am a Ski Instructor in the winter.
    This summer I'll be saving money for University.

5)What was your first job?

When I was 12 I got my first job walking up and down the stands at LU Hockey Games selling popcorn.
    I got paid on commission, and usually ended up making about $25-$30 for roughly 2 hours work.
    It was a pretty good gig for a first job, but it was time to move on.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
    I was a casual football watcher starting at about 1997 or so, and since my dad was a Vikings fan, thats who i would watch mostly.
    I however wouldn't call myself a fan untill the 2000 season.
    that 41-0 loss to the giants still stings...

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
    I don't have too many vikings memories, as its tough to make it out for games, but I'd say by far my favourite was watching AD break the rushing record.
    I was at that game in person and it was incredible.
    Second favourite would be when the Vikings beat the packers in the playoffs in Lambeau.
    I was at my friends house who's a packers fan, and he was talking smack before the game, but i came out with the last laugh

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
    I used to belong to a NFL forum called nfltalk.com, which was actually pretty decent when i was there.
    I was a mod at the time, and there were some really knowledgeable fans there, but for whatever reason, people eventually left and were never replaced.
    Since then that site has turned into a pretty sad board, full of thoughtless incoherent posts about garbage.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
    None.
    I am a Vikings fan and thats it.
    I never really got into hockey (I know, a Canadian who doesn't follow hockey!, thats unimaginable)
    I find basketball boring, and although I played baseball, i can't stand to watch it.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
    Either working, skiing, skateboarding, or just hanging with friends and my gf.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
    Nope.
    I used to wear my Daunte Culpepper jersey and my dad would wear his cris carter jersey, but mines a little outdated, so I've stopped wearing it.
    currently my gf wears it to sleep in, which is a pretty good deal, because sometimes i stop for a visit in the morning and its pretty see-through.

12)Where do you watch Vikings games?

Unfortunately, I don't have NFL Sunday Ticket, so unless its a game of the week or in a big market, I'll be sitting in front of nfl.com.
    otherwise it will be on my couch.

13)What is your worst fear?
    I've never honestly thought about this much.
    I'd like to say i'm not scared of anything, but no one can honestly say that.
    Most physical things won't scare me (bears, dark, spiders, etc.)
    If i were to think about it i would have to say losing the people who are close to me.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
    Football, for starters.
    Once a week me and some friends will try to get together and have a game at the indoor field at the university.
    But i sure do miss playing high school ball.
    My other hobbies would include Skiing, skateboarding and playing guitar.
    I mostly play rock/metal such as Zeppelin, GNR, ACDC, etc.
    but also some other good softer stuff like clapton.

15) What’s your favorite food?
    Its a tossup between either a nice Filet Mignon, or Perogies.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
    Last year i went on a school trip to Europe.
    We visited Switzerland and Italy, and I would say that is by far the collest place I've been.
    Last Christmas my family took a cruise through the carribbian, stopping at PUerto Rico, St. Maartin and St. Thomas.
    Other than that I've been to place in the US and CAN.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    Be in a band.
    I'd love to be in a rock band, and there's still time left, but quite frankly i don't have time anymore, and will have even less time once i start school in the fall.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Switzerland.
    I thought that was by far the nicest place i've ever been.
    Italy would be a close second.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?

I think yes, the vikings will win a superbowl one day, and it will be against the Bills.
    First thing I'll do is jump up and down with excitement, then load up on official "Minnesota VIkings, Superbowl XLIII Champions" gear

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    Unfortunately, i've never met any of the great members of this site in person.
    I've never stopped by a tailgating party before, but i hope to one day.
    THere are a lot of funny things that have happened on the boards here, i'm not sure i could pinpoint one specific one.
    if anything i would say it would probably the the abuse some trolls used to get from Del, or mabye the Historic Photos in History thread.
    If you don't know what i'm talking about, check it out
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=21580.0

keep in mind its an old thread, so lots of the pictures won't show up anymore

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with i_bleed_purple .......

Unfortunately, I don't have NFL Sunday Ticket, so unless its a game of the week or in a big market, I'll be sitting in front of nfl.com.
    No Sports bars in the area?

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    consider the age

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for sharing my friend.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
    I used to belong to a NFL forum called nfltalk.com,
    I lurked/posted on there as well.
    Fair assesment of the place my friend.

I played Football in high school, and started at a whole bunch of positions, including runningback, Cornerback, Safety, Slot Reciever, Kick Returner and Punter.
    Funny enough, at 5'7", 150lbs, i also was 2nd string RDE for a few games because i was so fast off the line, no lineman could block me.
    Sounds like 9 man football.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

to Marstc09...

Yes, there are sports bars, but I only recently turned 19, so last season, I would not have been able to get in.
    I plan on spending many sundays there this year however.
    (hopefully shouldn't have to, since the vikings will be on fire, they'll always be nationally televised.)

Marr...
    What was your username on nfltalk.com?
    I'm wondering if I had known you before as someone else?
    There were a few vikes fans I can think of back when I was a member...

9 man football?? Pfftt..
    only the finest for us, 12 man football, 3 downs and stupid refs who don't really know the rules that well.
    The reason for changing positions so much, was I had 3 different coaches in the 5 years I played.
    And I would often play both ways.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    consider the age
    You don't need to be 21 to get into most sports bars. They usually are restaurants as well like Buffalo Wild Wings.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

the only sports bars in town, that would have enough tvs to play all the games, need you to be 19.
    I could go to restaraunts that play football games on their tv's, but they only play whatever happens to be playing on Fox and NBC, and usually don't have sunday ticket or anything like that.
    I know, pretty lame.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Nice read and good to know more about you !

Switzerland.
    Both nice countries though Switzerland might be a little too quiet for you.. apart from the sound of a few cuckoo clocks
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Nice read and good to know more about you !

Switzerland.
    Both nice countries though Switzerland might be a little too quiet for you.. apart from the sound of a few cuckoo clocks
    ;D
    Nice read IBP, hope you find someplace to watch this year, OUR year! ;D

Ah, but Anglo the multi-purpose knives!
    Those aren't cuckoo clocks, thats intrest accumulating in your numbered bank account! ;D

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Nice read...good to know more about you.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    Be in a band.
    I'd love to be in a rock band
    Gotta be the best way to get chicks. ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast