Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Proud2BPurple.......

PP.O name: Proud2BPurple
    Current City: Manchester, England
    Hometown: St. Helens

1) How did you choose your screen name?

I know its a cliche but it just came to me! I like the way it looks and I like it being shortened to 'P2BP'. I think it was NoDak Paul who first shortened it to that and I was rather impressed!

2) Proud2BPurple, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I grew up in a town called St. Helens, pretty much right between Liverpool and Manchester. Quite a cool town to live in, friendly people and sport mad, particulary Rugby League, St. Helens have been world champions a few times in the last few years. I think some of you guys would really like Rugby League if you gave it a watch but its really only played in the North of England. I have got a younger bro who is 17 and he still lives at home with my parents, I moved out to Manchester to go to unversity and got to love the big city life so thats where i lay my head thesedays! I have a grat group of friends and have been with my girlfriend, Emma, for nearly 3 years now.

Thats us at disneyland last year.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?

Played as much sports as possible and was named one of 3 outstanding acheivers in sports when we left high school. Played rugby league, soccer, cricket and golf and still play all 3 when i get the chance. As you can imagine, football wasnt a massive part of high school life but there was a bunch of us who loved the NFL. Pretty good student, had the odd fight but think everyone does at one point! Still play soccer every friday with my old high school teachers which is cool and i'm currently working there on my teacher training course!

4) What did you do after High School?

Went to college, which lasts two years here before university. Studied Geography, PE, Biology and Psychology, didnt really do my best there mainly due to the fact I reached the legal drinking age some way through college and my grades slowly dropped off! But I got the grades I needed and just finishing my degree which is a Bsc in Geography and teacher training. Univeristy has been the best 3 years of my life, the people and the independence was just an awesome experience. Sit my final exams in July then, hopefully, its off into the big wide world!

5)What was your first job?

Got a job doing telesales, this was the summer between high school and college and basically involved phoning people and asking whether they wanted new windows, its fair to say that not every response was a positive one! The got a job at All:Sports which was cool, loved working in a sports shop seeing all the new jerseys first and trying on all the new soccer boots and stuff, i'm easily amused. After All:Sports went under, i got a part time job at Jd sports, where I still am and hold the esteemed position of 'weekend shift supervisor'! You've probably worked out by now that I would like to be teacher and plan on starting this in fall this year!

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?

It was the summer before I started high school and one of my friends was a massive niners fan and that summer we played on Madden pretty much everyday and I just played Vikes over and over and the season that follwed was the first that I decided that the Vikes were my team and I've grown more and more passionate about them every year since. What was my first season as a dedicated Vikings fan? 1998!

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.

My season being 1998 gives me a lot of good memories and I always thought Robert Smith was an awesome player and really enjoyed watching him. Oh and a certain number - 296! that was fantasttic to watch. I've tryed to get into the history of the Vikings and PPO has taught me a lot which is one of the reasons I love the site! Started to collect old Viking cards and got some really cool ones, especially love my Jack Del Rio card! Currently on around 250 cards.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?

Over here and in my group of friends there aren't many people to discuss the Vikings or football in general with. I just typed in 'vikings fan forum' on google and came across PPO and never looked back. The way it feels as though your discussing football with your friends is what i love, things like these 20 questions and the picture threads add a sense of familiarity which I think is awesome

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

As mentioned, coming from St Helens, rugby league is in my blood so I'll never lose touch with them, actually going watching them tonight. They are playing the Leeds Rhinos, who are currently top of the table and we've got a big job on to beat them. Also love soccer and CHELSEA! Having quite a good season, in the race for the title with manchester united - i love the controversy of being a chelsea fan, everybody seems to hate us! Also watch a lot of Australian sports, the AFL which I follow the Demons also the Melbourne Storm who are a rugby team. Got family in Melbourne so when we visit I pretty much cram in as much sports as possible!

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Love the cinema, me and my mrs spend a lot of time there. Last good film I seen? Vantage Point, really enjoyed it. Also spending time with the lads which is usally watching soccer down the pub or something lol play a lot of golf with my dad and grandad but the weather lately hasnt really allowed much golf to be played! I'm a massive sneaker freak so you also might find me searching shops for bargains and rare trainers!

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?

Not really, because they're usually on so late here my only prayer is that I don't fall alseep mid-game!

12)Where do you watch away Vikings games?

Living in England makes all Vikings games difficult! Monday night games are always on TV and some sunday games are to but tend to watch them on the internet if i can get a good feed but, after all options are exhausted, just listen to them on the radio! But i'll never miss a minute!

13)What is your worst fear?

I'm going to be honest here, when i'm in the sea or a swimming pool and i'm where my feet can't touch the floor i freak bigtime! Don't know what it is and I know its weird but just don't like it. Biggest fear is probably not being able to look after those closest to me, I feel very responsible for my little bro and am always scared of letting him down.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Again, the cinema is a big hobby of mine and i'm a massive Will Ferrell fan! Enjoy playing sports with my mates, 5 a side soccer is a favourite and we throw the occasional pigskin if we have the right numbers! Like computer games, waiting until my birthday when hopefully i'll be unwrapping a PS3! Enjoy a bet as well, had a nice win on Eli for superbowl MVP

15) What’s your favorite food?

Tough one here! But I think it has to be mexican, especially fajitas! also love pizza im a freak for that i'd eat it anytime. Love currys, all pasta and my one vice, anything i eat, i will have ketchup on it somewhere!

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

Spent time in Australia visiting family and it really is an awesome place. the people there are so laid back and they;re whole way of life is so appealing. Was mainly in Melbourne but visited Sydney and Surfers Paradise as well. Went to disneyland paris with emma last year and that was really good, had such a good laugh. Also had two holidays with my mates to magaluf and malia which were very messy lol a lot was drank! Planning a trip to the dome in november, just waiting for the schedule to come out to sort it! Did a thing for charity where me and some friends had to get as far away from manchester as possible without spending a penny and we got all the way to spain! Was a very funny trip and it makes an awesome story.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Backpack around europe. I love the idea of just not knowing where you'll spend your next night and ending up in a different country each day.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?

From experience, i'd say Melbourne. They really are sports mad there, I remember watching Vikings-Packers in my hotel room there! Having family there as well gives me a good base to start if i ever decide to go for it!

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?

I do belive it, and I belive its sooner rather than later. PPO would be amazing if that ever happenend, one thing i wouldnt want to miss! I dont know wat i'd do, i'm assuming i'd be pretty drunk at the time so crying would probably come first!

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?

Nothing in particular just love the site, real sense of community here and you kinda get to know names and stuff,
    spend an awful lot of time on it! I have learned a lot about the Vikings and football in general from here so I would like to thank the guys an gals of PPO for that!!

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Proud2BPurple.......

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?

Over here and in my group of friends there aren't many people to discuss the Vikings or football in general with. I just typed in 'vikings fan forum' on google and came across PPO and never looked back. The way it feels as though your discussing football with your friends is what i love, things like these 20 questions and the picture threads add a sense of familiarity which I think is awesome
    I also had that problem until I discovered PPO. ;D Nice read P2BP.

Really nice read PB2P, love everyones input here.

5)What was your first job?

Got a job doing telesales, this was the summer between high school and college and basically involved phoning people and asking whether they wanted new windows, its fair to say that not every response was a positive one! The got a job at All:Sports which was cool, loved working in a sports shop seeing all the new jerseys first and trying on all the new soccer boots and stuff, i'm easily amused. After All:Sports went under, i got a part time job at Jd sports, where I still am and hold the esteemed position of 'weekend shift supervisor'! You've probably worked out by now that I would like to be teacher and plan on starting this in fall this year!
    I admire your dedication.
    I trained people in the Army and found teaching others one of the most satisfying things you can do.
    Never tried kids (too conservitative for California, and I don't want to jump through all the hoops to get a teaching certificate) but I think it would be a whole new world.
    When teaching the teacher usually learns more than the students. ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I'm going to be honest here, when i'm in the sea or a swimming pool and i'm where my feet can't touch the floor i freak bigtime! Don't know what it is and I know its weird but just don't like it.
    I have a similar fear but it involves only lakes and seas. I don't know what it is but I will not step foot in them.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Nice read, P2BP...love to hear about Purple fans from the other side of the pond.

I played a little rugby in college, and it is one tough game. One of my favorite bumper sticker says "Give Blood, Play Rugby". ;D

Good luck with your career as a teacher, a very admirable profession.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Nice to learn more about you P2BP. It's nice to have Purple fans from overseas - I admire you guys' dedication to finding the game however you can - TV, radio, internet. I imagine it would be really hard for me to follow them from overseas.

PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Good read, thank you posting this Ned

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    PP.O name: Proud2BPurple

Thats us at disneyland last year.
    Really foggy in that pic - can't see any of you!

Good stuff, P2BP!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for sharing my friend.
    Funny, I didn't realize you were from overseas.......

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

Snip..... Also had two holidays with my mates to magaluf and malia which were very messy lol a lot was drank!
    Never been to Malia but have been to Magaluf several times.
    Your description is accurate as hell.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"VikingMike" wrote:
    Nice read, P2BP...love to hear about Purple fans from the other side of the pond.

I played a little rugby in college, and it is one tough game. One of my favorite bumper sticker says "Give Blood, Play Rugby". ;D

Good luck with your career as a teacher, a very admirable profession.
    Yeah it is haha, as i write this i have a bandage from 3 dislocated fingers gained from sundays game!!
    "A head coach needs 3 things. A good wife, a loyal dog and a helluva Quaterback!" John Gruden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast