BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with VikesfaninWis ...

PP.O name: VikesfaninWis
    Current City:Shawano, WI
    Hometown:West Palm Beach, Florida

1) How did you choose your screen name?

I am a Vikes fan living in enemy territory (Wisconsin)

2) VikesfaninWis, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I was born in Orlando Florida in 1978.. My family moved to WPB Florida when I was a year old.. My father owned a limousine business, and my mother was a stay at home mom.. I have two older brothers..

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?

I did alright in High School.. I was mostly a B average student.. I played both football and baseball.. I was a catcher in baseball and a running back in football.. I was not apart of any clubs..

4) What did you do after High School?

I laid low for a while before deciding what I wanted to do with my life.. I took a home inspection course, that went nowhere.. I finally decided on Real Estate which I got licensed and am currently doing that..

5)What was your first job?

It would have to be mowing lawns.. When I was 10 I started mowing my uncles lawn in Florida, then it turned out to be mowing all of his friends lawns as well.. So I had roughly 5-10 lawns to mow a week at $20.00 a crack.. Not to bad for a 10 year old..

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?

Believe it or not, I watched Viking games as a kid in Florida.. My dad is a huge Bears fan, so I started watching the Vikings when they played the Bears.. When I told my dad that I wanted to be a Viking fan, he said as long as your not a Packer fan I am alright with that..

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.

Their are so many great things about this franchise.. I hardly remember the days with
    Grant, Eller, and Tarkenton, but the Viking franchise is one of the greatest.. My personal favorite Viking player of all time is Cris Carter.. He was a selfless, hard working dedicated player for the Vikings.. I like how he took Randy Moss under his wing and fully believe that Moss would not have had the career he has had without that guidance from Cris Carter..

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?

I believe I just did a search one day for Viking desktop wallpapers and found PP.O.. The thing that attracted me most to this site was all the members.. I lurked around here for a while before joining, and was amused by the other members..

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

I am a huge, diehard Atlanta Braves fan.. Growing up in Florida, they shared spring training complexes with the Montreal Expos.. My dad always took me down to see Dale Murphy, Bob Horner, and the rest of those guys..

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Either showing houses, or unfortunately rehabbing the foot that has been surgically repaired.. Before that it was going for walks, and playing volleyball, and basketball.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?

No, I stopped doing that when they lost every game I prayed before..

12)Where do you watch away Vikings games?

Thank God for NFL Sunday Ticket.. I watch every game at home..

13)What is your worst fear?

Sharks.. I can't stand them damn things.. Thats why I don't swim in the ocean anymore.. That and the fact I live in a state with no ocean..

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Playing playstation, hanging out with friends on weekends and having cookouts, and playing cards and drinking my captain and coke..

15) What’s your favorite food?

I am part Italian, so definitely anything Italian.. I love pizza and lasagna..

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I am not really one that travels much.. I was recently in Las Vegas, that was fun.. I want to go to Jamaica someday, and possibly Hawaii..

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

As simple as it is, go to Atlanta and watch a home Braves game at Turner Field.. I was at the old stadium but moved before Turner Field was built..

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Oddly enough, right where I am in Wisconsin.. I lived in a big city in Florida that was crime infested, and the city I live in now is like mayberry.. I do not miss that high crime, and really wouldn't want to take that chance..

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?

I do believe the Vikings are close.. They need a few missing ingredients and they will win the big one.. Seeing as though it would be winter in Wisconsin when they won the SB, I would go buck naked and do snow angels while screaming at the top of my lungs that the Vikings are World Champs.. Make sure all these damn cheeseheads hear me..

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?

Just hanging out here and talking with everyone.. I haven't yet got the chance to tailgate with these guys and girls, but definitely looking forward to that day.. Its like one big happy family here, with a lot of close relationships formed.. For example.. Singer and Ned have become very close friends, and will soon be brothers in law.. That is pretty cool..

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with VikesfaninWis ...

Nice to see more Vikes fans in WI.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    Nice to see more Vikes fans in WI.
    There's a few of us.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Good read sir!

You have to come to a tailgate!
    I'm joining for my first tailgate the Vikes home opener this year, totally jacked about it.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

gorilla fans!!! keep the purple strong over there in cheeseland!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Nice read, VikesfaninWis, thanks for sharing...some good stuff there.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Nice to know more about you VikesfaninWis. How come you haven't come over to tailgate with the PPO folks yet? Hope to see you at one soon!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Great to "meet" you VFnW, really nice read.
    I can relate to the "big city with rampant crime", it just emphasizes how good life is in the North Country.
    Wish I was still there. :'(

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

A Braves fan eh?
    Damn you, I hate that team.
    I was living in Central America when the Twinkies played the Braves in the World Series.
    Went to a dive bar in Panama to watch the game...at that time Juan Berenguer (from Panama) was pitching for the Braves.
    I had a homer hanky that someone sent down to me and the crusty guy behind the bar pulled out an axe and I had to back down.
    Somehow the homer hanky didn't hold up to the axe.
    Ended up having a good time and managed to not get my head chopped off by the barkeep.
    The Twinkies proceeded to kick their ass.
    I got crippled in that bar and the only hotels in town were of the 'pay by the hour' variety.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain