Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with vikes_4_life_4 2...

PP.O name: vikes_4_life_42
    Current City:
    ND
    Hometown: Napoleon, ND
    Occupation: I'm in high school But during the summer I work at the restaurant and the daycare here in town.

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    When I first signed up, I saw someone with the name Vikes 4 Life, or something similar to that, and being the un-original person that I am, I just added 42 and went with that.

2) vikes_4_life_4 2, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
    I live on a farm outside of Napoleon, which is a really small town. I have 2 brothers, 1 older, 1 younger. My older brother is in the Army, stationed in Ft. Hood, TX, and just got back from Iraq. My younger brother is in 7th grade. My parents both work in town.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Do you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?
    I'd have to say I am a pretty good student- honor roll, A's, and such. As for sports, I play volleyball. I used to play basketball and run track as well until I got hurt and I hope to get back into track again this year. I am involved in SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) and also BEK, which is a program where we go to local sports events and film them and do everything that needs to be done, and then we broadcast it on tv.

4) What do you plan to do after High School?
    I am going to college to be a photographer.

5)What was your first job?
    My first job was babysitting.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
    I first "decided" to be a fan when I was really young. My older brother (a Packer's fan) got a Vikings hat for his birthday. He hated the Vikings so bad he wanted to throw it away but I wouldn't let him. So just to piss him off, I started liking the Vikings. I became a serious fan when I was in 7th grade. My math teacher would make bets with me on Vikings games. The wager would be the amount of homework assignments my class got, so I figured I better brush up on my football knowledge.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
    I met Brad Johnson and Troy Williamson a few years ago, so that was pretty cool. Also, my first games at the Metrodome this year. But probably my favorite memory was a few years back when the Vikings played the Packers, and we trailed 17-0 at halftime. We had a bunch of people over (all Packer fans) so the first half was rough. They shut up pretty fast when we came back to win it

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
    I don't know exactly how I found PP.O. I googled something about the Packers suck and it led me to the warp-a-packer feature on this site, then I found the boards. I lurked for quite awhile before becoming a member. The thing that attracted me the most was probably that there were so many different people and opinions, and how almost everyone seemed friendly.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
    Football is really the only professional sport I watch. Nothing else really interests me. The only other sports teams I keep up with is our high school teams.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
    Probably hanging out with friends or my boyfriend, scrapbooking, walking and exercising, snowmobiling in the winter, going to the lake in the summer, or reading.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
    No. I don't believe in praying for a victory. The only time I pray before any kind of a game is before a volleyball game, but that is for different reasons.

12)Where do you watch Vikings games?
    On TV, by myself. I hate watching games with other people!

13)What is your worst fear?
    Failure, any kind.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
    Playing sports and pretty much everything I listed under number 10. Scrapbooking, reading, going for walks, coming on to PP.O and Facebook.

15) What’s your favorite food?
    Knoephla and kraut, or pizza.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
    I have been to Montana (as well as a few surrounding states while we went through Yellowstone), Minneapolis, The Black Hills, and Florida. I am going to Colorado this summer, as well as Texas. I can't pick a favorite! I liked them all.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    I want to visit a different country someday. I think it would be interesting to learn about different cultures.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    Honestly, I love living in ND. There are a lot of places I want to visit, but I think I will always live in North Dakota.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    I do believe the Vikings will win the Super Bowl someday. I hope I can be there, but since I probably will not be, I would just celebrate and probably call all the Packer fans I know just to rub it in.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    I'm not sure! Probably just some of the conversations I have had with members in the Yell.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with vikes_4_life_4 2...

if you ever make it over to europe.. make sure you get student euro rail ticket, and just go from country to country stopping in any place you feel the desire to!!

i didn't get to try it cause i was traveling when i wasn't a student. but i have many friends doing it a lot, and they say it's a great way to get around europe, and some of the balkins/old iron curtain countries.

Nice share and keep those packer fans in reality now that farvy is gone!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

What a interesting read.
    Thanks for sharing young lady.

My older brother is in the Army, stationed in Ft. Hood, TX,
    Make sure to tell him thanks for his service.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    I want to visit a different country someday.
    You ever been to the South?
    These boys and girls down here are different.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

15)...What’s your favorite food?
    Knoephla...
    wow, haven't heard that word in decades.
    Good luck in your studies.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    PP.O name: vikes_4_life_42

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    I'm not sure! Probably just some of the conversations I have had with members in the Yell.
    We're glad to have you as part of the site, V4L42!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

good read
    We're bringing purple back.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"gregair13" wrote:
    *snipped*
    That's really classy, Greg.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Good interview....a look inside the mind of another vikes fan.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    *snipped*
    That's really classy, Greg.

=Z=
    i said we. and i edited just for you
    We're bringing purple back.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Nice read vikes_4_like_42. Work hard in school and enjoy life.

BTW, what's the 42 for?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast