Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with PurplePackerEater ...

PP.O name: PurplePackerEater

Current City: Crosby, MN

Hometown: Crosby, MN

1) How did you choose your screen name? Mostly because of the Vikings / Packers rivalry, however I remember browsing the site years ago, and remember everyone seemed to have some kick-ass Viking screen name, so when signing up, that was all I came up with on a moments notice.

2) PurplePackerEa ter, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family? I grew up and went to Crosby-Ironton schools (near Brainerd, MN). My Mom and Dad divorced when I was an infant and I was raised by my Mom. My Dad lives in Coon Rapids, MN, so I’ve spent a lot of time around there as well.

3) What type of student were you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such? As a student, I was average all around. I rode BMX Freestyle bikes. That was a HUGE passion of mine. I had the “half pipe” ramps in the back yard and built jumps and worked on my bike most of my teen years. (long before the X-Games and all the hype surrounding extreme sports)

4) What did you do after High School? I worked at a local resort in the Conference Service department 2nd shift and went to a technical college for machining during the day, until I realized that it wasn’t for me. Then I moved to the Twin Cites and started working for my uncle in the concrete field when I was 20.

5) What was your first job? Paper route when I was 12.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings? Obviously, being from Minnesota, you always tend to rout for the home team and keep an eye on what’s going on…and it just grew from there.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.? Once I met Daunte Culpepper! Sure, it doesn’t sound like much, but it’s the way that I met him. Lots of people meet players all the time…usually with security on hand, across a table, 20 other fans behind you, etc.. But I met him while I was walking out of the Blue Goose bar one night during Arctic Blast. I walked out, and there he was, just getting out of his SUV. It was Daunte, me, and one other fan in the entire parking lot. I was shocked, and really, didn’t even know what to say, so I just shook his hand and the other guy got an autograph.

How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site? I don’t remember how I found it, maybe just a general Vikings search on Yahoo or something. What attracted me most, at first, (laughing) was the Viking Kitten song. I kept coming on the site to show friends and family.

9) What other sports teams do you follow? None. I love the complexity of football and the heart it takes to compete.

I like to watch extreme sports, X-Game stuff. My son has taken a liking to skateboarding, and I go to our local skate park and watch him.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time? Being married with 2 kids, I pretty much just do family stuff.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games? “God, please let the Vikings win this one!”

J/k…no, I don’t.

12) Where do you watch Vikings games? Home, sometimes at my brother’s house or a sports bar, but usually at home. Next year is going to be a treat; I got a new 50” HD plasma TV and most of the “fixings” to go with it. I still need to upgrade to DirecTV, though, so that I can watch the Thursday Night Football games.

13) What is your worst fear? Something bad happening to my wife or children.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy? Playing Madden and currently, Tour of Duty 4 with my son (which we’re taking turns doing right now, love that game, addicting though), going to the gym, going out with friends to clubs and having drinks, watching football, etc…

Summer time, I do A LOT more; mountain biking, tennis (it’s a wifey thing), boating/wakeboarding, swimming, jogging/walks, pretty much anything fun.

15) What’s your favorite food? Steak, prepared on the grill.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites. I’ve been to Canada, Mexico, New York (and all the states it takes to get there from MN), California (and all the states it takes to get there from MN), and Hawaii. Hawaii is by far the best place I’ve ever been. My Mom took me and the whole family there with her life insurance money after she was diagnosed terminally ill from cancer, great memories there.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime? One thing that my wife and I have vowed to do more of, is travel…on a regular basis. We’d like to do two vacations a year; one just her and I (and possibly friends) and one with our kids.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be? San Diego or Hawaii.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do? Yes. Make plans to participate in any celebrations the Vikings organization puts on.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories? Tailgating with other members before the Vikings/Chargers game last year (’07).

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with PurplePackerEater ...

Thanks for the read my friend.

Very interesting.
    I mixed mud and kept 3 brick/block layers in mud and blocks/bricks one summer.
    Hardest work (next to logging) I have ever done.
    I hunt with at guy (call sign Porkchop) who still laughs at me cause he says that if I could keep up with those three they were slow.

;D

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time? Being married with 2 kids, I pretty much just do family stuff.
    Thier lives will be better for it my friend.
    Nothing better than a family event (as long as your in-laws aren't involved).

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Nice read, PPE, thanks for sharing with us.

Being married with 2 kids, I pretty much just do family stuff.
    Nothing better than that.

Hawaii is by far the best place I’ve ever been. My Mom took me and the whole family there with her life insurance money after she was diagnosed terminally ill from cancer, great memories there.
    Special lady, your Mom...God bless her.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Tailgating with other members before the Vikings/Chargers game last year (’07).
    I don't remember you being there. When did you get there?

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"marstc09" wrote:
    That tailgate party was alot of fun, and the game was even better.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    Hence the need to post pictures with your 20 Questions!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Kinda small world..
    I went to school in Crosby..
    Lived about 5 or so blocks from Serpent Lake.
    I was in Crosby my 5th grade year to my 7th grade year.

I gotta admit, I hated it there.
    But that's because I'm an urban guy.
    I like having 2,389,764,730,982,374 buildings with goods/services within walking distance.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    I was there about 2 hours before the game with my wife and kids. The kids wanted to walk around and check out the Plaza, and by the time we saw everything, bought stuff, and got the kids' faces painted, we didn't have time to make it back over to the tailgating.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I was there about 2 hours before the game with my wife and kids. The kids wanted to walk around and check out the Plaza, and by the time we saw everything, bought stuff, and got the kids' faces painted, we didn't have time to make it back over to the tailgating.
    Don't you have any pics to post?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Don't you have any pics to post?

=Z=
    My son and I.
    [img width=450 height=336]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/jamieanderson/IMG_0039.jpg[/img]

[img width=450 height=337]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/jamieanderson/IMG_0040.jpg[/img]

[img width=450 height=337]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/jamieanderson/IMG_0041.jpg[/img]

[img width=450 height=337]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/jamieanderson/IMG_0046.jpg[/img]

View from our seats. To bad AD was scoring All Day in the other endzone!
    :P
    [img width=450 height=337]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/jamieanderson/IMG_0073.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast