Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with marstc09 ...

PP.O name: marstc09
    Current City: West Bend, WI
    Hometown: Milwaukee, WI

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    It was my college email, [email protected] The Mars stands for my last name Marshall. The t is for my first name Tim. The c is for my middle name Carl. The 09 is the day of my birthday May 9th, 1980.
    The school sets it up that way not me.

2) marstc, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
    I grew up in Milwaukee, WI. I lived in the area my whole life. I have two brothers. One is a year older than me and one is a year younger. My older brother is a Packer fan and the younger one really does not have a team. I am trying to turn him into a Vikings fan. Both of them live close to me. My older brother just got engaged to a Bears fan and lives in Sheboygan, WI. My younger brother lives with my dad in Milwaukee, WI. My mom now lives in Champlin, MN and I was pumped when she moved there because now I have a place to stay when I go to games. She is a Packer fan but she also follows the Vikes. My parents divorced a year ago so it did not bother me. I get along with them great.

[img width=450 height=359]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/marstc09/Image030.jpg[/img]

[img width=450 height=337]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/marstc09/MeandMyMom.jpg[/img]

[img width=450 height=359]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/marstc09/100_0590.jpg[/img]

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?
    I was a good student but I was an asshole. I would mouth off to teachers and not follow the rules if I did not care for them. I was in soccer and wrestling. My soccer team went to state my senior year and I went to state my junior year for wrestling. I played football my freshman year but that was it because I was too small even for a cornerback. It was hard to compete against 6 foot black dudes. I graduated in 1999.

4) What did you do after High School?
    I went to college at University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. I have a degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing. This was the best years of my life. Nothing beats the experiences I had. Lots of partying and late night studies. After that I moved back to the Milwaukee area because I could not stand Green Bay and its people. Not much of nightlife and a football team! I got a job through my college and have been there ever since. I get to travel a lot and I am very happy there.
    I do mostly design work for promotions and incentives for companies. We have done some promotions for the Vikings and Bears. I get to work with a lot of really cool companies like Harley-Davidson and ESPN.
    Hopefully next year I will get to do some free stuff for the PP.O tailgates. I am thinking about doing a different promotion every game. So stop by for all the free stuff. Free promotion for you Webby!
    I am also attended grad school at Marquette to get my MBA. I only take one course at a time so I probably won’t be done for long time.

5) What was your first job?
    I worked at a local Sub shop. I was 15 and did not get paid much but I got all the free food I wanted.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
    When Randy Moss arrived. My senior year in high school was when I started following the team. I was never really into any team but I watched games before that. I was so intrigue by Moss because of his college career. Since then it has been all purple and yellow! That is how I became a crotch sniffer. What a team that was! Should have been a Super Bowl win. I also liked Cunningham but the Culpepper era made me even more of a fan. Now I am addicted.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
    That is easy! I was at lamblow for a playoff game. Let’s just say it ended in Moss pretending, yes Joe Buck, pretending to moon the crowd.
    I was wearing my Moss jersey that day. I was lucky to get out that day alive. My favorite memory in the dome is Peterson breaking the single game rushing record. I was also in Chicago the day he torched them as well. That game was a great game to watch live!

8) How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
    I have no clue but I am glad I found it. I think I was just searching news. I did not become an active member until this year.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
    Basketball: Milwaukee Bucks
    College: Wisconsin Badgers

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
    Working, studying, playing video games, watching a movie, working out, eating, drinking, bowling or on a plane.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
    No, but I always have to wear a jersey. My old boss always thought jerseys were silly because you are not the player. Is that stupid or what? I always wear a jersey now when I am around him.

12) Where do you watch away Vikings games?
    At home thanks to Sunday ticket but I might not get it this year due to all the games I am going to. So I will just watch it at Buffalo Wild Wings.

13) What is your worst fear?
    Drowning under ice!

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
    See question 10

15) What’s your favorite food?
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, Bacon, and Pancakes
    Lunch: Gyros
    Dinner: Steak with a Bloody Mary and a Miller Lite chaser

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
    I have been all over the states since I travel so much for work. I think I have been to every major city. My favorite would probably be Orlando. I love going to Pleasure Island. Las Vegas is good for people watching. You find all kinds of characters there. The only problem with Vegas is all the temptation! Any place warm is fun for me. I am not a big fan of winter.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    Go to Africa or watch the Vikings win a Super Bowl

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    Suburbs of Atlanta or somewhere in Texas

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    I think they will win one in my lifetime. When they win the first thing I will do is tell all the Packer fans I know to suck it, our trophy case is no longer empty. Then I would buy all the memorabilia I could get my hands on.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    Coming to the tailgates! It was cool to be so welcomed. I urge everyone to come to one. Some very nice people there to met. It was exciting to me because it was the first time I got to know die-hard Vikings fans. Where I am from there are none! You will not be disappointed. I am really looking forward to next year. Is it here yet?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with marstc09 ...

Great Read Tim
    ;D

Nice to get to know a little bit more about you.
    It's nice having you as a fellow, dedicated member, here at PPO.

I'll be really disapointed if you don't call me when in CT., if you make the trip soon.

I'll have to Grill you up a Steak and make you one of my famous bloody mary's from scratch.
    I'll wipe up a Virgin one for me... ;D

If not, hope to catch you at a tailgate some day soon....

YPPOP,

NordicNed

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

aaaah so your the guy who added me on facebook, i never knew who it was lol

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

you rock at life sir

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Nice read Mars. What ever became of those items that were designed for PP.O?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

21) When did you decide to be such a dedicated hater of the Green Bay Packers?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Nice read Mars. What ever became of those items that were designed for PP.O?
    Not sure Webby is interested but if he is ok with it I am more than happy to hook some members up who come to the tailgates.

"NordicNed" wrote:
    Great Read Tim
    ;D

Nice to get to know a little bit more about you.
    It's nice having you as a fellow, dedicated member, here at PPO.

I'll be really disappointed if you don't call me when in CT., if you make the trip soon.

I'll have to Grill you up a Steak and make you one of my famous bloody mary's from scratch.
    I'll wipe up a Virgin one for me... ;D

If not, hope to catch you at a tailgate some day soon....

YPPOP,

NordicNed
    You will be the first person I call when I land. Should be in a couple weeks.

"singersp" wrote:
    21) When did you decide to be such a dedicated hater of the Green Bay Packers?
    Well I didn't really have a problem with them until I went to school there. I have been to Chicago and Detroit for games but never had problems with fans. In fact they were very nice and we talk football throughout the games. Green Bay is a whole different demon.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast