Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with scottishvike ...

PP.O name: scottishvike
    Current City: Dunfermline
    Hometown: Dunfermline

1) How did you choose your screen name?

I'm a Vikes fan from Scotland! ;D

2) scottishvike, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I was born in Dunfermline and have stayed there all my life apart from about a year I spent in Africa, I cant tell you anything about it though as I was only a
    year old. I lost my dad and brother to different forms of cancer while I was in my middle teens which wasn't great but life goes on. I am married to Fiona and we are lucky enough to have Owen who is 10 months.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?

I guess I was pretty middle of the road, academically I was above average but I never pushed myself to achieve more. I have played soccer, never for a team mostly just games with mates but I am getting a bit old for it now. I remember a time when I was about 14 trying to play (your type of) football with 4 guys, 2 on 2, I think it was a bit of a farce to be honest although the weather was freezing and there was frost on the ground. What every PPO'ers favorite, Madden would call "football weather".

4) What did you do after High School?

Left to become an apprentice joiner/carpenter.

5)What was your first job?

You guessed it! joiner/carpenter! Which I still am, It has it upsides and downsides like any job but there is a certain satisfaction of just building stuff.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?

I started watching the game in the mid 80's when it was first televised in the UK, I didn't have a favorite team though for about the first year. It was watching the highlights of a game between the Vikings and Redskins when I found myself cheering for the Vikes, who at the end lost in OT something like 41-44......... I guess I like Offence. However I had decided by the end that the Vikes was going to be MY team, despite the fact I knew nothing about their history or even where Minnesota was.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.

Can I be cheeky and have 3?

The 98 season up to and even including some of the Championship game
    was incredible, I just thought it was our year to do it, although when he missed THAT kick you had a feeling it was going to end in tears. I wasn't a fan for the first 4 SB losses, but did see 3 NFC championship losses, nobody said it was going to be easy!

Beating the Packers at Lambeau in the Play-offs. To beat them like that? in their own place? in the play-offs? man I'm smiling right now just thinking about it. When Moss did the first ever case of a "moon" without removing his trousers, I'm not ashamed to admit I was dancing round the room.

Last year against the Chargers had me dancing again. Although I knew from reports AD was special, seeing that performance give me as well as every Viking fan hope for the future. If we can get any type of passing game going we are looking like a contender in the NFC.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?

I think it just came up in a google search, I got a feel for the site right away. There are a great deal of knowledgeable people around here when it comes to football, plus anything happening Vikes wise is almost getting premiered here these day's

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

As a big soccer fan although I only really have time to go and actually watch the Scottish national side, although I would class myself as a fan of Glasgow Rangers albeit from the armchair.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Having a 10 month old son is taking up pretty much all our time just now, not that I'm complaining. Being a dad is the best thing, he is developing all the time, once he is able to walk there will be no stopping him! When I do get the chance I like listening to music, pretty wide taste, Big on late 80's early 90's rap, Public Enemy, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, EPMD, Ice T, NWA, Geto Boys acts like that. I have seen plenty rock act's as well and did go to what used to be described as raves where dance music would be played all night. 8) The band I am listening to most at the moment is probably the Brian Jonestown Massacre.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?

Only that Purple Jesus makes it home safely.

12)Where do you watch Vikings games?

If I am lucky the game will be on TV in the UK otherwise It's usually a goose chase trying to find the game streaming on the net. If I'm lucky I get a video or a radio broadcast, failing that I go to the NFL.com play by play or the PPO chat room.

13)What is your worst fear?

Spiders.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

We like to travel, see below, I'm also a bit of a gamer, I like to meet up with friends regularly and have a games night with some Wii and 360 action. Although the console i am using the most is the old PSP, it's really easy to grab a quick 10 minute blast on it.

15) What’s your favorite food?

Actually no joke I really do like Haggis served up with mashed potato and turnips or occasionally deep fried with chips ;D I also like Italian, Mexican and Chinese food.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I have only been across the pond once to Florida, typical resorts but still enjoyable, favorite place is probably the Canary Islands, Spanish but situated off the coast of Africa, with each Island differing slightly from the others. Have enjoyed trips in Paris, Amsterdam and Cyprus and London is always good to visit. We also don't forget what is on our doorstep either, with plenty holidays around Scotland as well.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Say "thank you for handing me that £10 000 000 lottery winning check sir"

Watching the Vikes in Minny would be sweet although it's not on the horizon at the moment I'm sure one day it will happen, is it warm enough to wear a kilt in the Dome? BTW if the Vikings ever were involved in a game over here although I would still be desperate to go, it wouldn't be a real regular season game to me. That could only be the case if there was a huge home support, but then I'm more about the sport than the money.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?

I'm pretty happy where I am.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?

I hope so, we have been blessed with Purple Jesus he will show us the way. And If that fails I think of the word parity, I can still remember the Colts having a 1-15 season, if you can stick around long enough everything will turn around. The first thing I will do when we win will be blowing out the candles on my 100th birthday cake..... J/K
    ;D I can't honestly say until it happen, but I think it could involve more dancing.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?

There are lots of good memories especially sharing the joy of victories with like minded supporters, I think I have seen 3 people wearing Vikes shirts up here and one of them was me in the mirror ;D One thread that I really liked ages ago was when 6-Kings named his Madden team after PPO members and played a season with it, I think we won the SB but my memories a bit hazy.

Thanks to everyone involved in the site, Webby, the mods and anyone who contributes who all continue to make this the best Vikes site online, bar none.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with scottishvike ...

nice read

and I believe you can wear a kilt....you do wear something under that thing though....right?

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"BTW if the Vikings ever were involved in a game over here although I would still be desperate to go"

You can count on me too If the Vikes ever play in this part of the pond.

Nice read Scotish.
    El underdog.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Being Scotish myself, I've always dreamed of taking a trip there.
    Since you've been a member here, I've always enjoyed our chats and your post.
    If I do ever make that dream trip to Scotland, no doubt, you will be on my list of places and people to visit..

Thans for sharing your interview with me and everyone else...

YPPOP,

Ned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Great read!
    I wish I was better at carpentry.
    One of my best projects was in junior high school...I built a ping pong table (sawed a piece of plywood in half) and put hinges on it.....the wrong way, so you had to lift the table off the billiards table to fold it in half.
    Decided that wasn't my calling.

Hope to meet you at a game someday.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    PP.O name: scottishvike
    Current City: Dunfermline
    Hometown: Dunfermline

1) How did you choose your screen name?

I'm a Vikes fan from Scotland! ;D
    If it's not Scottish, it's CRAP!

Good stuff, SV!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the read my friend.
    Always interesting to hear from our overseas purple brothers and sisters.
    ;D

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Having a 10 month old son is taking up pretty much all our time just now, not that I'm complaining. Being a dad is the best thing, he is developing all the time, once he is able to walk there will be no stopping him!
    I agree 100%.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Good read Scottish. I like these where the members take their time to give some info on the questions.

It's always funny to see that us overseas fans face the same kind of problems when it comes to following our favorite team.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Great read SV.
    My family heritage is primarly Scottish (evidently a branch of the Campbells) which is why my dad insisted on naming me Robert Bruce
    ;D

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Say "thank you for handing me that £10 000 000 lottery winning check sir"

Watching the Vikes in Minny would be sweet although it's not on the horizon at the moment I'm sure one day it will happen, is it warm enough to wear a kilt in the Dome?
    BTW if the Vikings ever were involved in a game over here although I would still be desperate to go, it wouldn't be a real regular season game to me. That could only be the case if there was a huge home support, but then I'm more about the sport than the money.
    Yes you can wear a kilt....but keep in mind that the wind blows pretty good in Minnesota:

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

5)What was your first job?

You guessed it! joiner/carpenter! Which I still am, It has it upsides and downsides like any job but there is a certain satisfaction of just building stuff.
    Do you have any pictures of your work that would represent the style of your area? I always appreciate seeing the different styles of carpentry around the world.

You are correct, there is nothing more gratifying than building something that people can enjoy for generations.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast