Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with josdin00 ...

PP.O name: josdin00
    Current City: a small 'burb north of Chicago
    Hometown: Libertyville, IL

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    In college, a friend of mine tried to get me to join an online RPG. I got as far as making up a character name. Since no one else online seems to use this name, I decided to stick with it for all the sites I visit.

2) josdin, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
    I've lived almost my whole life in the suburbs of Chicago. There were the 4 years of college I spent away, plus one year of living in Wisconsin which I don't like to talk about. I have three older sisters, and none of them, or my parents, live within 150 miles of me. I also have a wife and two kids who, fortunately, like living a lot closer to me than that. It's a mixed marriage, though. My wife and all of her family (who mostly live in the same town we do) are all Bears fans. I'm working hard to make sure my kids don't suffer the same fate.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?
    I was a smart but lazy student who only did the work that I couldn't talk my way out of. I once talked my way out of two term papers in the same class. Don't ask me how. That's classified information. It's not good information for anyone to have, anyhow. It really screwed up my college career once I wasn't able the bullshit the profs anymore. I was involved primarily in Choir and the drama department.

4) What did you do after High School?
    I went to college, almost flunked out, had an epiphany relating to motivation, then got straight 'A's afterward.

5)What was your first job?
    I had a summer job as a cart-boy and cashier for Builders Square. That chain is now out of buisness. It's not my fault. At least, that's what I told their lawyers.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
    Somewhere between '88-'90. My parents watched football, but weren't huge fans. After the Bears' Superbowl win, I started following football more closely, and decided that I wanted to root for the Vikings. I can't pinpoint the exact moment of decision, but I eventually realized that I didn't like the Bears, but I also REALLY didn't like the Packers, and that led me right to the Vikings.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
    At Christmas time in 2000, my wife (the aforementioned Bears fan) gave me tickets to the Vikings playoff game against the Saints in Minnesota. It the only time I've seen the Vikings in the Dome. Moss had a 53 Yd TD reception, and he took a screen pass 68 yards for a score. I was about 3 rows from the roof, and was slightly deaf for the next two weeks. It was a good game.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
    I think I found PPO while searching for Vikings news. That can be hard to find in Chicago. Once I found one site where I could find all the news, plus running commentary by a pretty fun group of people, I was hooked.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
    Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are going to win today!

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
    Playing with my kids.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
    Well, I'm in the church Choir, so I guess so. Unless of course, the Vikes aren't playing on Sunday.

12)Where do you watch away Vikings games?
    Same place as I watch the home games. Curse you people who can make it to the dome regularly. I'm jealous.

13)What is your worst fear?
    To be a failure as a parent.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
    Guitar, singing, graphic design, and learning my new mandolin

15) What’s your favorite food?
    Yes.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
    My family used to go up to the Canadian side of Lake of the Woods for camping and fishing every year. That place is still a favorite of mine. I also went on a choir tour my senior year of College to Europe. Germany was nice. Switzerland was beautiful. The best, though, was the Czech Republic. The architecture in Prague was some of the best I've ever seen. I really need to get back there.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    I'd like to do more traveling. I want to see Russia, Australia and the Serengeti and Lake Tanganyika regions of Africa.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    Warning: sappy answer ahead. With my wife and kids. The rest is just details.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    You're asking a Cubs fan if he believes one of his teams will eventually win it all? Of course they will! (Cubs fans are the most masochistically optomistic people on this earth.)

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    [/quote]
    Probably when I started doing the wallpapers and sigs for the site. The whole 'graphic artist' thing is just a spare-time hobby of mine, so I really enjoy it when people let me know they like my work.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with josdin00 ...

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
    Somewhere between '88-'90. My parents watched football, but weren't huge fans. After the Bears' Superbowl win, I started following football more closely, and decided that I wanted to root for the Vikings. I can't pinpoint the exact moment of decision, but I eventually realized that I didn't like the Bears, but I also REALLY didn't like the Packers, and that led me right to the Vikings.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
    At Christmas time in 2000, my wife (the aforementioned Bears fan) gave me tickets to the Vikings playoff game against the Saints in Minnesota. It the only time I've seen the Vikings in the Dome. Moss had a 53 Yd TD reception, and he took a screen pass 68 yards for a score. I was about 3 rows from the roof, and was slightly deaf for the next two weeks. It was a good game.
    Those two answers are awesome.
    But you have to make it up here for a game THIS year!

Great getting to know you better, sir!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Nice to know about you Jos and as for the graphics being a hobby - some hobby and you're bloody good at it too
    ;D

The best, though, was the Czech Republic. The architecture in Prague was some of the best I've ever seen. I really need to get back there.
    I'll agree with you on that, we were lucky to go there a couple of years ago and the city and people are great and very friendly. I'd recommend it to anyone who has a chance to visit there.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Nice to know about you Jos and as for the graphics being a hobby - some hobby and you're bloody good at it too
    ;D

The best, though, was the Czech Republic. The architecture in Prague was some of the best I've ever seen. I really need to get back there.
    I'll agree with you on that, we were lucky to go there a couple of years ago and the city and people are great and very friendly. I'd recommend it to anyone who has a chance to visit there.
    josdin as another partTime GA.. i know the feeling, and yer work is A grade man..

as for the Czech... the architecture is amazing.. and the people are amazing.. if you can make it for a week.. u will not leave rested..

satisfied.. but not rested.
    ; )

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

It's great to get a peek into your life josdin00, thanks for sharing. Good luck transposing those chords from guitar to mandolin.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"AngloVike" wrote:
    ;D

...and I'd recommend that if you're going to visit there, do it with a group that has a guide that knows how to get around there. The language there is impossible to learn. My tounge was tied up in knots for three days after we left, and it had nothing to do with the Czech girls.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"josdin00" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    ;D

...and I'd recommend that if you're going to visit there, do it with a group that has a guide that knows how to get around there. The language there is impossible to learn. My tounge was tied up in knots for three days after we left, and it had nothing to do with the Czech girls.
    easy train or tram or good old Shanks's pony ( that's walking for those who don't know the saying
    ;D ). I'd agree on the language though many do understand english so not so bad.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Great read, nice to know you, Rob.

The whole 'graphic artist' thing is just a spare-time hobby of mine, so I really enjoy it when people let me know they like my work.
    I would have sworn you were a professional graphic artist...your work is that good.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

So our graphics-guru, is a family man after all. That's nice to know Jos, I don't think it's a bad thing, to just be happy living with the one closest to you.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Good read.

I always enjoy your posts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast