Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with PacNWVike ...

PP.O name: PacNWVike
    Current City: West Richland, Washington
    Hometown: Albert Lea, Minnesota
    Occupation: Senior Counterintelli gence Officer/Program Manager, US Department of Energy, Richland Regional Office <whew! That's a mouthful!>

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    I live in the Pacific Northwest "PacNW..." and love my Vikes.

2) PacNWVike, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
    I was born in Racine, WI, but my parents got a grip on reality and moved to Minnesota when I was six.
    Two older brothers, one younger sister and a younger half brother.
    My family was probablyl as dysfunctional as they come <sounds like a good thread topic> and I spent two out of my three years in high school living at home home for juvenile delinquents.
    Best thing that ever happened to me.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?
    I was lazy, and still recall my guidance counselor chastising me over my high test scores and lousy grades.
    When I was in the juvy home I was a A-B student.
    When I was back home I barely got by.
    Later on in life when I was working fulltime and going to college at night, I regretted not applying myself while in high school.
    I studied Judo, but no other
    sports.
    I played drums in the band from the 4th grade until I graduated.
    Music is my passion and I still play drums to this day.

[img width=450 height=307]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/dfee.jpg[/img]

4) What did you do after High School?
    I signed up for the Air Force in Jan 1973, mid-senior year and entered active duty one month after graduation:
    June 1973.
    Another wise decision in my life.

5)What was your first job?
    During high school I worked in a bakery and pumped gas (18 cents a gallon!!!!) at a local station.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
    The guy who ran the juvy home lived below our living quarters.
    One rule that was set in stone was on Sunday during the Viking games there could be no noise from our quarters, UNLESS it had to do with the game.
    That was 1969 and I can still remember the television commentators talking about the Mighty Purple People Eaters...
    I followed them through my 21 year Air Force career, whether it was listening to a midnight radio broadcast on AFRTS in Iceland, receiving VHS tapes from my sister-in-law while in the Middle East, or watching sat dish games while in the Philippines.
    I bleed purple!

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
    While I was home on leave my brother and I went to the Viking HQ to check it out.
    We went into the main lobby area and I told the receptionist I was in the Air Force and just wanted to visit my favorite team.
    As my brother and I looked at the various items in the display cases Bud Grant came walking out and chatted with her for a few moments.
    He hung around for a while and then went back to the rear offices.
    I was so stunned and awed by his presence, I didn't go forward to introduce myself!
    I've regretted that to this day...

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
    Just surfing on the net.
    The quality of the site graphics, the information available to fans, and the quality of forum participants are excellent.

[img width=450 height=337]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/dwfvee.jpg[/img]

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
    None

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
    Spare time!
    Me?!?
    When I am at home I do one of three things in this order of priority:
    Spend quality time with my wife and five year old daughter; Rehearse with my Pink Floyd tribute band (http://www.myspace.com/oldschoolpf) or conduct band business; Attend to my duties as a City Councilmember.
    My next goal in life is to get my private pilots license.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
    No, I'm Agnostic.

12)Where do you watch Vikings games?
    I meet a few fellow Viking fans at Jack Son's Sports Bar in Richland, WA and watch the games over breakfast and Bloody Marys.
    We've actually trained the local gals to give us Midwestern style Bloody Marys with the beer back.
    They'd never heard of that out here!

13)What is your worst fear?
    Personally, losing my family.
    Professionally, missing something on my job that causes the death of innocent people.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
    Following my Vikes; Music/playing drums; aviation; high performance cars.

15) What’s your favorite food?
    Oriental, especially Thai

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
    Hmmmm...
    that is hard because I've lived in many places and tend to look for the best in all.
    Chronologicall y, I've lived in:
    WI, MN, TX, MS, MT, WA, NY, Iceland, Washington DC, WA, Turkey, ND, Philippines, CA, and finally in WA.
    I've visited practically every state in the union and many, many foreign countries.
    My favorites were the Philippines and Thailand.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    Earn my private pilots license.
    That will happen within the next few years.
    My stepfather owned a 1946 Aeronca Chief before he met and married my mother.
    I saw an old picture of him with his plane and always thought it would be great to fly.
    He sold the plane around the time I was born, but when his health started failing a few years ago I did some snooping vai the FAA and Canadian MOT.
    The aircraft was still registered and flying in BC, Canada!
    I told him this before he passed on and this seemed to please him.
    My brother, a NWA pilot and I plan on buying the plane and bringing her home.
    Guess I'll have to learn how to fly the darn thing, huh?!?!

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    In the tropics somewhere.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    Yes.
    Hopefully I will be at the Super Bowl, so I'll party hearty with my PPO brothers and sisters who are also there.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    My annual pilgrimage to the Frozen Tundra to watch a game.
    Tailgating with all of the many, many great PPO members is absolutely amazing.
    Each year I make new friends during my trip and I'm always pleasantly surprised at the high caliber of membership we have.
    Someday, I'll get to buy Anglovike a pint or two or seven...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with PacNWVike ...

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    [b]PP.O name: PacNWVike
    Another great entry in the series!
    Glad to know more about ya, PacNW!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Nice to hear some more about you councillor
    ;D and I'll be sure to hold you to those beers as well !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

wow, definitely an interesting read Pac.
    Never knew any of that about you... sounds likes you've lived quite the interesting life so far

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Nice to hear some more about you councillor
    ;D and I'll be sure to hold you to those beers as well !
    Perhaps we'll hook up this year Anglo.
    Let me know which game you'll attend here in The Colonies.
    Grog on me!
    8)
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

That is a great read...nice to know you, PacNWVike.

Pink Floyd rocks...

Great suff here. ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Wow, one of the best so far.
    Thanks for sharing.......

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    Earn my private pilots license.
    That will happen within the next few years.
    My stepfather owned a 1946 Aeronca Chief before he met and married my mother.
    I saw an old picture of him with his plane and always thought it would be great to fly.
    He sold the plane around the time I was born, but when his health started failing a few years ago I did some snooping vai the FAA and Canadian MOT.
    The aircraft was still registered and flying in BC, Canada!
    I told him this before he passed on and this seemed to please him.
    My brother, a NWA pilot and I plan on buying the plane and bringing her home.
    Guess I'll have to learn how to fly the darn thing, huh?!?!
    I am very impressed my friend.
    Very impressed indeed.
    Again, thanks for sharing.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Good to know more about you Pac. Looking forward to seeing you again when you make your NEXT annual pilgrimage...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Very nice read PacNWV. I can relate to this..........

As my brother and I looked at the various items in the display cases Bud Grant came walking out and chatted with her for a few moments.
    I was so stunned and awed by his presence, I didn't go forward to introduce myself!
    About 5 years ago Winona, MN had a grand opening for a new Menards store that was put up. Their big draw was Bud Grant who was their to sign autographs & sell some of his paintings. I stood in line & got his autograph on an 8x10 photo he handed out & also on a mini helmet I brought along.

Even though he was much older & a little slower than what we're used to seeing on the sidelines, he gives off an incredible aura of greatness that you could literally feel. You can't help but stand there & be stunned & in awe by his presence when that aura envelops you. You just can't.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    Very nice read PacNWV. I can relate to this..........

About 5 years ago Winona, MN had a grand opening for a new Menards store that was put up. Their big draw was Bud Grant who was their to sign autographs & sell some of his paintings. I stood in line & got his autograph on an 8x10 photo he handed out & also on a mini helmet I brought along.

Even though he was much older & a little slower than what we're used to seeing on the sidelines, he gives off an incredible aura of greatness that you could literally feel. You can't help but stand there & be stunned & in awe by his presence when that aura envelops you. You just can't.
    You are absolutely correct Singer.
    Bud Grant has an aura that is hard to explain until your are in his presence.
    I was "star struck."
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast