Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Jereamiah ...

PP.O name: Jereamiah
    34 years old
    I live in Grass Valley, CA
    Hometown: Vernal Utah

1) How did you choose your screen name?

My screen name is pretty simple, just my name.

2) Jereamiah, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I grew up in a few different places. My mom is from Utah, while my dad was from Minnesota. Due to divorce and a few other reasons, I split time as a kid between Utah, Minnesota, and California. My mom is a great lady of English decent. My dad was a good Ojibway man. Minnesota Chippewa Tribe.
    I have 7 brothers. Some 1/2, to full. I have 5 sisters, all 1/2. Kinda complicated. I now have a wife and two great kids, Brady is 11 and Maya is 8!

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?

I was a so-so student. I wrestled since I was about 6? I quit school in 1990?

4) What did you do after High School?

After I quit school, about the end of my junior year, I enlisted in the National Guard. I moved from Utah to California to be with my girlfriend, Desi. We got married in 1993. Been together ever since! Took my GED and enrolled in a junior College in 1995. Graduated from there and then went to CSU Chico. I graduated with a BA in Anthropology in 1999.

5)What was your first job?

My 1st full-time, real paying job was the National Guard. As a civilian, I 1st worked setting chokers (logging) for my wifes grampa. I am now a pumber.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?

I really started following the 'Vikes seriously around 1991.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.

One of my earliest memories was one of anger and disgust that Jim McMahon signed with the 'Vikes. My favorite memory is watching Cunningham just huck the ball as far as he could and Carter or moss (98) grabbing it.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?

I belive that I found PP.O throught he 'Viking Update?" I really enjoyed reading what other fans had to say. I was surrounded by 49er and raider fans, and it was awesome to interact with other 'Vikes fans.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

I used to follow the Sacramento Kings. I even attended a couple of games. Don't watch them anymore. Basically, I only follow the 'Vikes.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

In my spare time, I practice timber-sports (summer), and also can be found reading alot. I collect and read old horror, sci-fi, fantasy stuff. Lately, been playing "rock-band" with my kids.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?

No special prayers, I do stand and guzzle a special beer for the entire time the opening kickoff is played, only stopping when the play ends.

12)Where do you watch Vikings games?

I watch all games at home (Sunday Ticket)

13)What is your worst fear?

My worst fear is seeing my kids hurt or injured.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

My hobbies include reading and collecting books (Arkham House), Axe throwing, Chopping, and sawing, and I like to shoot.

15) What’s your favorite food?

Without a doubt, my favorite food is my wife's Lasagna

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I have been to a few different places, including New Hampshire, New Mexico, and Idaho. I really love Eastern Utah. New Hampshire is Beautiful as well

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

I have always wanted to go to the Smithsonian museum. One day I'll get there.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?

If I could live anywhere, It would have to be Tahiti

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?

I know the 'Vikes will win the big one. I know it! The 1st thing I'll do is probably cry. Then I will drink a toast to my cousin John. My best friend since I was small. He was 3 months older then me and passed away 4 years ago. He also loved the Vikes. Our dads were Bothers and were both from Minnesota.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?

My favorite PP.O memory was created when I 1st started posting and had no idea how to act. Every-time I wanted to reply or talk about something, I would start a new thread. Someone finally called me on it. It was pretty funny.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Jereamiah ...

Thank GOD!

Finally a thread that isn't duplicated 3 or 4 times!!!!!!!!!!

Plus it's even in the correct forum.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Good read!
    I particularly like the kick-off beer guzzling ritual...
    may have to start that at our local watering hole when we watch the games.
    When you go to DC, be sure to check out the Air and Space museum, to include the new annex out by Dulles Airport.
    Incredible aviation history at those two locations!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

The Jim McMahon thing bothered me a lot too!
    Nice to get to know you a little better.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

What?
    No mention of "the law"?

As far as the Smithsonian thing....get your ass out here!!!
    It's pretty much FREE to sightsee in DC!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

davike is offline Team Alumni

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

5)What was your first job?

My 1st full-time, real paying job was the National Guard. As a civilian, I 1st worked setting chokers (logging) for my wifes grampa. I am now a pumber.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?

My favorite PP.O memory was created when I 1st started posting and had no idea how to act. Every-time I wanted to reply or talk about something, I would start a new thread. Someone finally called me on it. It was pretty funny.
    Whats a pumber?

Lol, if you want to really fit in and be part of the cool group on pp.o....you have to wear lots of sweater vests.

Great to know some more about you Jereamiah! You should posts pics!

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Excellent read my friend.
    Thanks for sharing.

One day I will show up with my wheeler and bow and a few pointy things with fletches on them and I will let you call me in a bull elk.
    ;D

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Better plan on at least 2 days.
    I have been there 4 times and still haven't seen everything to the detail I want to see it at.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Good read, nice to know you Jeremiah.

When you go to the Smithsonian (Natl Air & Space like PacNWVike said), you have to see "To Fly" on the IMAX. What a ride.

Nice job getting the GED and the Bachelor's...not easy to go back once you're out...you should be very proud of that.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Yes, great read. I respect you and your life. I was touched by the mention of your cousin John. Makes me think about my dad and friends who have passed on without seeing a Vikings superbowl championship.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Excellent read my friend.
    Thanks for sharing.

One day I will show up with my wheeler and bow and a few pointy things with fletches on them and I will let you call me in a bull elk.

;D

Better plan on at least 2 days.
    I have been there 4 times and still haven't seen everything to the detail I want to see it at.
    Try a WEEK if you want to hit ALL the Smithsonian museums.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast