Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Vikes_King ...

PP.O name: Vikes_King
    Hometown:

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    Well, one thing I'm not good at is coming up with screen names for websites, and Vikes_King was the first thing I came up with lol, I thought I was clever since it was a play on the word :P

2) Vikes_King, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
    I definatly didn't grow up in the best environment, but definatly not the worst either.
    I was born into a 1 bedroom apparantment with 4 people living in it, and was raised in a 2 bedroom appt with my mother and my brother.
    My family is definatly not the "average" one, I was raised with out my father around from pretty much day one, I have many have brothers and a single half sister.
    Definatly wouldn't change a thing how ever, my mother was by far my biggest influence on me growing up, and she's an amazing woman, it made me who I am today thats for sure.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?
    I unfortunatly did not play in any sports.. thats why my love for the Vikings grew to what it is today.
    I went to a school where there really weren't any sports offered, had gone to the catholic school for a while before but it was just something we couldn't afford.

I did participate in Youth in Government for 3 years and 2 years in National Honor Society, being chosen president (it was a small group
    :P) in my senior year.
    Graduated near the top of my class while attending college classes through the PSEO program (completed near 1 & 1/2 years worth of credits), tutored math for 2 & 1/2 years and was chosen to give the graduation speech.

Although I should include that my school was a very different one.. its a Charter School, where you kind of learn the curriculum the way you want to, as long as it abides by the Minnesota state standards
    :P

4) What did you do after High School?
    Well I'm still a baby..
    ;D
    I just graduated last summer and have just been working since trying to get my feet on the ground and earn some cash.
    I will hopefully be starting classes at the fall in MSU (home of Vikings Training Camp!!)

5)What was your first job?
    I suppose techincally it was the Home Magizine as a paper boy when i was 9 or 10 helping my mom
    :P but if that doesn't count, my first "real" job was at a place called A to Z Rental Center, where we pretty much had everything.
    It was a pretty good job, except for the people were complete asshats
    ;D

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
    When I was young my mom was a HUGE Vikings fan, and since the only TV was in the living room, when the game was on, thats what I watched, no ifs ands or buts.
    I fell in love once i got a little older and got to watch the Three Deep

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
    November 4, 2007.
    Not only was it my first ever real Vikings game (had been to one preseason game before, and the scrimages vs. the Chiefs here in town) but it was also Adrian Peterson's 296 yard game vs the Chargers
    ;D ;D ;D

My friend brought me with him, and we had amazing seats, 10th row 50 yard line, behind the home bench

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
    I kind of found it by chance on google, and at first I wasn't too drawn too it honestly just because I was really tired of forums since I used to play a lot of video games, but then i checked it out one day and the ammount of information on here just caught my attention and has held me ever since

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
    I don't follow any team even close to as much as the Vikings, but of course since I live in Minny I always read up on the Twins, Wolves, and Gophers

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
    Really depends on the day and how I feel, I'm definatly one of those guys that likes to just sit around and relax when i'm not working.
    Otherwise, living with a bunch of guys in a big house, we party a lot and work out down in our beerpong/weight room lol (yea, ik, thats almost an oxymoron)

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
    Nah I don't... yes I'm a huge fan, but I'm not that superstitious.
    I just sit on the edge of my couch the whole game
    ;D

12)Where do you watch away Vikings games?
    In the comfort of my own room.
    The one good thing I can say about my ex-girlfriend (excluding the sex) was that she convinced me to splurg on my HDTV
    that i bought specifically because of the Vikings
    ;D

13)What is your worst fear?
    That I'll die before I see the Vikes win a Super Bowl
    ;D jk... kinda

idk really.. this is a question I've never really put too much thought into.
    i know it sounds cliche but I don't like to live life in fear.

But I suppose if I had to say one thing, it'd be failure.
    I've always pushed myself extremely hard and I always expect nothing less that my best or I get upset with myself.
    That probably comes from my educational experience so far, being told I can be whatever I want to be.. and having no clue what that is

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
    Watching football.
    That pretty much covers it.
    I dont have too much time for hobbies, but I always make time for that.
    When I do get time however though I do like being on the computer, going swimming or playing catch or frisbee with some friends, partying or working out.
    The male bonding type stuff

15) What’s your favorite food?
    Pizza. without question

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
    I've never really had the opportunity to travel.. the only states I've been too have been Minnesota (obviously), Wisconsin (woohoo...), Illinois (visted Chicago, definatly was a chance of scenery), Indiana (just passed through, only stopped one to fill up for gas), and Ohio to visit a friend.

Chicago was definatly my favorite of those, altho in Wisconsin I stayed in a friends Condo on Lake Michigan and went out on their Charter Boat.
    That was definatly fun too.. since that and Lake Superior are the closest things I've ever seen to the Ocean
    :P living in Minnesota I get sick of these so called lakes lol

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    Punch John Madden.

Other than that I'd like to go overseas, see other countries.
    I know a lot of people that have traveled to many many countries and bring home stories and pictures of their travels.
    Definatly something I'd like to do some day

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    I know I havn't been many places, but I surprising like Minnesota.
    I'm just one of those blind loyal types.. get me talking about my State, Country, of Vikings, and I dont care what negetives anyone could come up with, I'd talk like they're the best things ever. Period.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    Absolutely.
    As long as our team continues to grow together and pick up a few key players, it might not be too far off (definatly won't get our hopes up tho
    ;D).

The first thing I will do...? scream my lungs out in joy until I either passout of loose my voice. Then..... CELEBRATE!!!

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    Well... There has been many, many, many good threads.
    The funniest definatly have to be Zeus' sermons.
    But favorites.. idk, I think I might have to say The War with Mr. Woo - The Story of the Lost Liquor, lol.
    That was definatly a fun way to kill time during the off season

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Vikes_King ...

Fun read, but the best answer is to question 17

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Good to know more about you man. Didn't know you were from MN.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Good read VK. I'm impressed with your grammar and communicative skills... A sign of intelligence!
    You will not be a failure if you maintain your work ethic, choose an attainable goal and stay focused. I have no doubt you will do well.
    Good luck.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    My friend brought me with him, and we had amazing seats, 10th row 50 yard line, behind the home bench
    Those are great seats! I sat 10th row on the 50 too, but for the Skins game this year...you had a better game to watch lol...but still watching from there was unbelievable despite the loss, I wish i could go to more Vikes games...

Nice to know ya better, was a good read.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    PP.O name: Vikes_King
    Hometown:

Hm i didn't answer those?

Current City: Mankato
    Hometown: Mankato - home of Minnesota Vikings Training Camp!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Nice read, Vikes_King.

If you're gonna see one game, you saw it (except for when the Vikings win the Super Bowl). You also did a really good thing setting up the Prayers for Kenechi group on Facebook.

I love pizza too, and if you're ever in NY, we'll have some real pizza... ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"VikingMike" wrote:
    Nice read, Vikes_King.

If you're gonna see one game, you saw it (except for when the Vikings win the Super Bowl). You also did a really good thing setting up the Prayers for Kenechi group on Facebook.

I love pizza too, and if you're ever in NY, we'll have some real pizza... ;D
    haha yea thats what i hear... definatly need to venture that way sometime and see what I'm missing.
    Besides, I really want to visit Ground Zero sometime too..

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Good to know more about you man. Didn't know you were from MN.
    really? hm, well if you didn't catch them last year, you would have figured it out this year, since i normally put up pictures from training camp a few times a week
    ;D

- Dan Calabrese

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Classy what you did for Udeze.
    Enjoyed your training camp picks and updates.
    Glad to have you on PP.O.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast