Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Turboe ...

Wow, I almost missed my own "Who are you" thread, as this is Masters week and I have been down at Augusta the last 3 days.
    What a treat that always is.
    I will have to sit down a find the picture asked for and also elaborate on the "teaser" stories I thew in there since there seems to be interest.

But that will have to wait for later date as I have some things I have to do right now.
    Maybe this weekend when I settle down in from of the TV for The Masters.

"VikingMD" wrote:

Nice to know more about you Turboe. I love the pictures, your daughter is adorable. [size=10pt]Where's the picture of you and Brett? You know the one, it was taken on your front doorstep[/size]. LOL
    That one was easy so I will do it right away it was in my photobucket account.
    On my neighbor's (the resident Packer fan) front porch at a street party we had.

[img width=450 height=675]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/Turboe/Vikings/2003-08-24_5416.jpg[/img]

To the uniniated it might look like I have my arm around him in a friendly embrace, however I was in the process of sacking him right there on the pavement, I just had to make sure that I didnt spill my beer.
    Also I wanted a picture so that all the Packers fans out there would see how diminutive (that means small for those of you in Rio Linda) he is compared to me.

Jilly is offline Coach

"Turboe" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:

Nice to know more about you Turboe. I love the pictures, your daughter is adorable. [size=10pt]Where's the picture of you and Brett? You know the one, it was taken on your front doorstep[/size]. LOL
    On my neighbor's (the resident Packer fan) front porch at a street party we had.

[img width=450 height=675]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/Turboe/Vikings/2003-08-24_5416.jpg[/img]
    Yikes, that's incriminating!!
    But to your defense, I'm sure you are toasting to his retirement ;D

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Turboe" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:

Did you wash your hands after you touched that?

"VikingMD" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:

Yikes, that's incriminating!!
    But to your defense, I'm sure you are toasting to his retirement ;D
    Oops you beat me to it VikingMD, please see my edit above.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

"Turboe" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:

To the uniniated it might look like I have my arm around him in a friendly embrace, however I was in the process of sacking him right there on the pavement, I just had to make sure that I didnt spill my beer.
    Also I wanted a picture so that all the Packers fans out there would see how diminutive (that means small for those of you in Rio Linda) he is compared to me.
    better than these i guess...

[img width=450 height=450]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/cajun/favremadden5rw.jpg[/img]

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Turboe" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:

That's just scary right there.

You think you know a guy, and then comes the political explanation; 'I were sacking him'

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"Prophet" wrote:
    Nice read Turboe, you need to elaborate on your teaser stories.
    I will do so slowly but surely, and when I do I will use your post as a starting point...

From section 2 above here is the details on the story that I had relayed on here previously about my 4 yr old bringing a tear to my eye...

The Sunday before the Bears Monday Night game we had probably 20 people from church over for a dinner party that stretched on into the evening.
    Some of the kids were playing video games, some of the adults sitting around the table discussing playing a board game.
    And I was daydreaming about wishing I was down in the Vikings Room watching some sports when our youngest
    (3.5yr old at the time) apparently read my mind.
    She walks up to me in front of some other people (unsolicited mind you) and said "Daddy lets go downstairs and watch the Vikings"
    when I told her the Vikings weren't playing until tomorrow she followed up with "Well lets go downstairs and watch some Golf then!"
    I am telling you I almost wept with pride!
    I couldnt have scripted her any better.
    Who says coaching and repitition dont work with kids!
    A couple of the adult men acused me of putting her up to it, but that was not the case.

Then the next day I had a Vikings jersey on because I was planning on working in my home office that day anyway, and when I got ready to take one daughter to school, and the youngest to her school (daycare), she announced "I dont want to go to school today, I want to stay home with you and watch the Vikings game."
    She figured since I had the Vikings jersey on that I would be sitting around all day watching sports while they were all at school.
    That's my girl!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

haha thats awesome Turboe, if I ever have daughters thats how I want mine to be

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Great read Turboe, glad to hear you've got your daughter trained the right way - long may it continue !
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast