Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with bono ...

PP.O name: bono
    Current City: Brew Town
    Hometown: "
    "
    Journalist

1) How did you choose your screen name? I've had this name way back in the day..."bono" is actually short for "BonoSugaRay"...there's some what of a history behind the name, but I won't get all into it. Let's just say I think Sonny Bono is...WAS one cool lad!

2) bono, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family? What is there to say? I was born in the mean streets of the Brew...two loving parents (really cool, spiritual...church-going individuals)...a lot of sisters and brothers. The eldest, my sister "Tootie" passed away some years ago (you all remember, right?).

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such? I was a "nerd" if you can believe that! I never got suspended...never skipped class...never got below a B-...maintained grades that were above a 3-pointer...accumulative (sp) was over a 3 point...one of my fondest memories in high school: a had this math teacher who just knew I was amazingly smart and so one semester, I just didn't FEEL like doing any work, and so I TOLD her that if she GAVE me an "A" that sememster, I'd EARN it the following! She was like "ok"! LOL She was so cool. Man, I miss her! They just don't make 'em (i.e. teachers) like they use to!

4) What did you do after High School? When straight to college. Go Panthers!...and of course, I was working.

5)What was your first job? My first, first, first job? Well, that would be a "teacher's helper" at this elementary school during one summer...I was still in high school.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Cheeseheads? As shocking as it may be, I wasn't ALWAYS packer backer. Heck, I wasn't even a football fan...that is, until one January - early 1990's- the Wisconsin Badgers football team made it to the Rose Bowl...I watched the game and b/c they represented Wisconsin, I cheered for them throughout the game. That's when I started getting into football. Shortly after, I became a band-wagoner for the Packers. I had this crush on WR Antonio Freeman, and it didn't hurt that the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was dating the cutey, Andre Rison (who so happened to be on the team as well). My most memorable moment as a Packer band-wagoner/fan was right after the Packers beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl...they returned to Lambeau field and one of the players (whose name I can't remember right now) said aloud to a crowd of screaming fans "REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT!" Ha! Ha! That was so cool. Too bad they didn't "repeat" completely (i.e. they got back to the super bowl, but lost to the broncos).

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Pack and the Vikings? Favorite Packer/Viking memory: Monday Night Football...overtime...Favre to Freeman for the win and the amazing words from the commentary "He did what?!" That was historical!

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site? For the MILLION-BILLION time...I used to hang out at Packers-Suck/Vikings-Suck.com. It used to be me, Austin, etc, etc. One of the members stated something about this "new" site Purplepride...he was either the founder of the site, or recently became a member. Anyways...I checked it out, was impressed w/ what I saw and became a member.

9) What other sports teams do you follow? NBA: Milw. Bucks, Chicago Bulls, Boston Celtics and Detroit Pistons. Tennis: Venus/Serena Williams. Wisconsin Badgers (football).

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time? A whole lot of things! One in particular, if I'm at the crib: watching "The Golden Girls"! I love that show. It's a classic and I can't see myself ever getting tired of it. I enjoy all seven seasons of it.

11) What other fan sites do you visit? I don't have any other fan sites I visit now...had you asked me this a few years ago, it's possible I could have mentioned some. This site here (i.e. PP.O) is like a quick mart. It has everything I need to quinch my sporting hunger. Not only is there a forum for the Packers, Vikings and the NFL, but there's also the Club House where I can post/read about what's going on in other sports, as well as post/read about what's going on the world, period.
    ...Speaking of which: you all better start posting in my "Guess that song" thread!

12)How many trips have you made to Lambeau? Not at liberty to say.

13)What is your worst fear? My worst fear? Dying in sin b/c that'll mean I go to hell.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy? Well, if I didn't "enjoy" them, they wouldn't be my hobbies, correct? LOL
    I like bowling, watching movies, sitcoms in syndication like THE GOLDEN GIRLS, SANFORD AND SON, THREE'S COMPANY, MARRIED W/ CHILDREN, FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR, etc, etc.

15) What’s your favorite food? Fried corn, bar-b-q ribs/chicken, strawberry cheese cake.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites. Don't feel like listing 'em. Sorry.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime? Mary rapper, Bizzy Bone! LOL
    I'm so totally serious! That man is way too fine! My goodness! If I saw him on the corner with no shoes on, dirty pants and a torn shirt, with bad breath, I'd still holla at him! That's just how fine he is! Say it w/ me, people "BONE! BONE! BONE! BONE!"

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be? Not at liberty to say.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do? I definately think it's possible that the Vikings will bring Lombardi to Minnesota! Why not? And w/ the way the team has been playing these last two years (for the most part), they're just one QB away from being the total package. And oh yeah, congrats to that rookie running back of the vikings who won MVP of the Pro Bowl. I didn't watch the game, but I did the game summary for Packer Plus this week...saw his stats!
    ...Furthermore, getting back to the question...depending on if Favre is still w/ the Packers (or if the Packers are even worth cheering for at that time), when the Vikings win the big on, I might just "bow out gracefully" LOL!!! I'll definately show up in this gated community and give the vikings their props...there will be a little ICE BOX WHERE MY HEART USED TO BE, too! But I'll get over it. Heck, as long as you viking fans are happy, that's enough, eh? B/C there's notta worse than coming in here and having to deal w/ angry viking fans who find notta better to do but call me filthy names like "Tranny."

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    I don't know if I could say "favorite" memories, but one MEMORABLE moment here in PP.O. land would be: when my oldest sibling, "Tootie," died. There was a lot of support from folks who would normally pick on me. It was nice to know that when times got serious around here, folks did too! It was nice. For a moment in time, I felt like taking the "for sale" sign off my home here in this gated community. It was nice !

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with bono ...

I edited this post.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

interesting read... but i am sry ur a packer fan ;D

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

"baumy300" wrote:
    I edited this post.
    I demand to know the previous contents of this post.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

There sure are a lot of things you are not at liberty to say aren't there.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

This site here (i.e. PP.O) is like a quick mart. It has everything I need to quinch my sporting hunger.
    Webby runs a Quickie Mart.
    ;D

Thanks for sharing young lady.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    [b]PP.O name: bono
    Not one word about the operation.
    I'm disappointed.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"depending on if Favre is still w/ the Packers or if the Packers are even worth cheering for at that time."

Some fan you are!

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Interesting read!
    Now I know it's Bono as in Sonny vs Bono as in U2...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Jilly is offline Coach

15) What’s your favorite food? Fried corn, bar-b-q ribs/chicken, strawberry cheese cake.

Fried corn? I'm originally from Iowa and I've never heard of that.

I figured cheese would be in there somehow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast