Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Garland Greene ...

PP.O name: Garland Greene
    Real name: Brian Espy(I am still waiting for my royalty check from ESPN)
    Current City: Bloomington, MN
    Hometown: Minneapolis, MN

1) How did you choose your screen name?It used to be thebigdaddy but it just doesn't fit anymore since my surgery. Then I picked it based on one of my favorite movie characters

2) Garland, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I grew up in South Minneapolis, so I have been a city boy for most of my life. I am currently married to my wife Stephanie and have 3 boys Joshua 7, Avery 5, and Isaac 2. We also have a Dog, Mandi which is a Bichon/Poodle mix. I have a half sister on my dads side that lives in TX.

[img width=450 height=337]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa236/Garland_Greene/Boys013.jpg[/img]
    Mandi
    [img width=450 height=337]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa236/Garland_Greene/Mandi006.jpg[/img]

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such? I was mostly a A/B student except math which I sucked at. I was doing good to get a C. I kept busy all year long I played football, Wrestled, and threw Shot for track.

4) What did you do after High School? I went to college at St. Johns. I played 2 years of football for John Gagaliardi and then I hurt my Knee again.
    I was given the choice of either keep playing or never be able to walk through a metal detector again, So I stopped playing.

5)What was your first job? I worked at a Dairy Queen when i was 16, I also worked as camp counselor for our family church.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
    As far back as I can remember. I remember my Grandpa taking me to tailgating at the old Met center.I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I think it set in when 2 minute Tommy threw the hail mary to Ahmad Rashad vs. The Browns.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc. There is a few The hail mary I mentioned before. The Vikings 98 season after the ATL game if you could still remain a fan then you had to be die hard. That was really our year, Getting to Meet Alan Page. Most recently was the PPO tailgate before the SD game this year and then the game itself. My wife was never really much into football and never quite understood my passion for it. But after meeting everyone and seeing how laid back there were, and also getting to see history in the making she has become more of fan of AD than anything else. But I will take it.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
    I am a refugee from the "Flagship" of the Vikings. I was actually a mod there for a while but realized I was fighting a forest fire with a squirt gun. Went looking for something different that had less BS and actually talked about Vikings with out having 20 threads about the same thing. I found this place by accident. Glad I did, and since then I have made a few converts over here as well.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
    I follow the Gophers in football and basketball. Really excited about Gopher football next year. I am a casual fan at best of the Twins and T-Wolves but its hard when they give up their best players. I also follow the Texans, More of he Houston thing than any thing I remember the old Oilers and alot of my family followed them and now the Texans. I guess if the Vikings didn't exist they would be my team. Vikings vs. Houston would be my dream Superbowl

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time? Spending time with the kids, between Cub Scouts, baseball, school functions and swimming lessons I still find some time to go to school. I am currently working on getting my supervisory management degree. I also am a die hard sci-fi fan.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games? Not really, just hope for no major injuries.

12)Where do you watch away Vikings games? In my basement. I tend to be kinda loud so I can scream all I want down there.

13)What is your worst fear? Heights and Roller coasters. Some of this is one in the same. Bad experience as a kid so i will not go near another roller coaster. when the kids get older we want to go to Disney world so i will have to figure out something.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy? cooking, and BBQ. My dad was from TX so he taught me a thing about BBQ

15) What’s your favorite food? The foods I miss the most is BBQ I could easily throw down a rack now I am good to get through 1 rib. I also love chicken, or anything that can be cooked on a BBQ. Chili, and I also like a good hamburger.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites. I have been to about 30 different stattes, and 3 different countries, Canada, Bahamas, and Jamaica. TX and Jamaica were probably my favorites.
    I hav family all over in TX.
    But we went to Jamaica for our honeymoon, sitting on the deck of our room overlooking the ocean and smoking a few Cubans was great.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime? Buy season Tickets to the Vikings, Deep sea fishing. We were supposed to go 1 day in Jamaica but it rained that day and we couldn't go out.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    Texas, I love MN but there is something about Texas that I love. My guess would be not having 30 below windshield ;D I laugh when my family tells me that its 3o degrees and they have their parkas on and think they are going to freeze.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do? I believe we are closer than most people think we are.
    I think we are one QB away from being able to do it. ;D When we win. I don't know, probably cry, and jump for joy. I would for sure take the day off to go to the parade and probably to the airport to great the team when they got home.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    I know alot of people say this but tailgating, people that really have not done so really should. I am planning on meeting up with people at the draft. So I hope something will be coming out soon. Also meeting all of the great people that post here.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Garland Greene ...

We know what his family & dog looks like, but most don't know what Garland looks like, so..........

Here's a pic of Garland & his lovely wife Stephanie.........

Help me out GG. Was this shortly after the surgery or before it?

Do you have anything more recent?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    We know what his family & dog looks like, but most don't know what Garland looks like, so..........

Wow that was almost 100 pounds ago

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

I know alot of people say this but tailgating, people that really have not done so really should. I am planning on meeting up with people at the draft. So I hope something will be coming out soon. Also meeting all of the great people that post here.
    Thanx for sharing GG. Interesting stuff. I'm looking forward to meeting you again at the draft party.

Are we going to get some pics of you with cheerleaders?

"singersp" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

Thanx for sharing GG. Interesting stuff. I'm looking forward to meeting you again at the draft party.

Are we going to get some pics of you with cheerleaders?
    Oh for sure. I know the wifey will get a kick out of it ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

What a great read.
    Any man that can make good BBQ is number one in my book, then throw in this little nugget.....

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time? Spending time with the kids, between Cub Scouts, baseball, school functions and swimming lessons I still find some time to go to school.
    Gotta love the family man.
    Great stuff my friend.
    Great stuff indeed.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Garland" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Wow! Good for you GG & congrats. Any recent pics?

I hope I didn't offend you by posting an older one.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Wow! Good for you GG & congrats. Any recent pics?

I hope I didn't offend you by posting an older one.
    No you did not in any way ofend me. I like to look back at who I was and realize how far I have come.

Here is a pic of me and My son at Cub Scouts
    [img width=450 height=600]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa236/Garland_Greene/001.jpg[/img]

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"GG" wrote:
    12)Where do you watch away Vikings games? In my basement. I tend to be kinda loud so I can scream all I want down there.
    LOL... During games I usually isolate myself as well.. ummm, yep I tend to verbally light something up a couple times a game.. favorite line has to be, " What in the hell are you doing".... now that Favre has retired, that will probably cut a time or two out of each game.

Great read Garland.. congrats on the reduction.. I am working on those winter pounds again as well.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

congrads man on losing the weight

what was your secret?

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast