Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Ltrey ...

PP.O name: Ltrey
    Current City: York, Pa.
    Hometown: Same!

1) How did you choose your screen name?

I made it when I was about 12 years old and it sort of stuck with me....LT are my first two initials, and 3 is my favorite number. My old name was Ltrey33, but I was known as just Ltrey around here, so I shortened it.

Kinda like Beyonce or Britney, but without as much self-prostitution.

2) Ltrey, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
    I grew up in Central Pennsylvania. I'm the youngest of 4 kids, and I'm the only boy. I've heard lots of things men should never have to hear.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?
    I was a good kid in high school. I was in the honors societies and stuff like that. I was Student Council president my senior year too. I liked high school a good bit.

4) What did you do after High School?
    College!

5)What was your first job?

I got a job at 14 wiring dog kennels for a fence company. It was GREAT fun.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?

I become a fan after the '97 season. My dad has been a Vikings fan all his life, and I started playing football that year, so I got more interested. I loved Brad Johnson, and I remember being excited about them drafting Randy Moss, even though I had no idea who he was. I just remember watching clips on ESPN of him in his high white socks and white shoes running past guys at Marshall.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.

I went to a game in 2000 at the Dome and we stayed in the same hotel as the players. I met a lot of the guys, and I got Cris Carter and Gary Anderson's autographs. That was a cool night.

I also enjoyed meeting w/Webby, Badlands, Neph, Zeus, Prophet, WBL, Shock, and FutureMVC and a few others at the Rams game last year.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?

I have no idea...I signed up back in 2002 and I think it was the "Packer Fan Application" that drew me in. I thought it was hilarious.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

I'm a big Duke fan and a big Boston Celtics fan. I also follow Michigan during college football a bit.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Hrm...working, playing basketball, hanging out with my girlfriend, teaching at church and playing golf.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?

"God grant me the serenity to not call Childress a fucking dumbass again."

12)Where do you watch away Vikings games?

Well...I watch both home and away at my house. But we have Hi-Def, so it's cool.
    :P

13)What is your worst fear?
    I would say drowning....that would not be a good way to go!

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Golf, basketball and reading.

15) What’s your favorite food?

Anything spicy!

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I've been to Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina, Nevada, Minnesota, Canada, Bermuda and the Bahamas.

My favorite place was Paradise Island in the Bahamas. I want to go back for my honeymoon.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Get married. I know…I probably sound like a chick, but I always thought it would be cool.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Definitely South Carolina. I want to live somewhere where it’s warm most of the year and you can play golf A LOT.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?

I think the Vikings will have one eventually. I honestly think they have a good chance within the next 2-5 years if they can come up with a good – great quarterback. They have plenty of good, young talent on both sides of the ball. It will just come down to how we draft and our quarterback play now. There’s a novel idea, eh?

When it does happen, I will high five my dad.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with Ltrey ...

Have you always been a Celtic fan or are you just jumping on the KG band wagon like me?

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks For Sharing Ltrey. Gl;ad to see you want to be a HS teacher. Very noble.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Good to know you Ltrey. I'd like to high five you and your Dad after we win the Super Bowl too.
    ;D

I'm glad you didn't pick the Steelers to root for...they have enough fans.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Nice to meet you... youngster.... commend you on your career choice. :thumbsup:

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Good to know more about you Ltrey!
    Very cool choice to be a HS teacher.
    Definitely one of the most under appreciated jobs.
    I love learning more about the people on here!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

davike is offline Team Alumni

[quote] 2) Ltrey, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
    I grew up in Central Pennsylvania. I'm the youngest of 4 kids, and I'm the only boy. I've heard lots of things men should never have to hear.[/quote]

I feel your pain bro, I have 5 sisters and I am the only guy. I get along with all them pretty good.....the only one that is younger then me can be a real challenge though

Growing up with all those sisters and no brothers did teach me to be able to understand chicks maybe a little better....which really helps sometimes
    8)

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Get married. I know…I probably sound like a chick, but I always thought it would be cool.
    LOL... well don't some of the people on here put you off.. if have a tolerant wife like Marrdro does then you'll be fine. Course you might just end up with one like Singer is going to get.... who runs the house and tells you what you can do ..
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Which subject are you going to be teaching?
    I will have my K-8 teaching certificate after next year.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Which subject are you going to be teaching?
    I will have my K-8 teaching certificate after next year.
    I would like to know as well.

I'm working towards my secondary ed in social studies and econ.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast