Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with pack93z ...

"pack93z" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    You seem to know about yourself at a deeper level, which might be attributable to your ATV accident. It's funny, (to quote Jerry Garcia...) Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right.
    That is a great point and the secret to moving past a live changing effect, there is a reason or "learning" experience from every event that happens to you. Leverage the experience and utilize it where you can.. for me, I used it when going to college at UWGB.. I volunteered to speak at high school about a drastic change to your life as a "young" adult and the depression that surrounds dreams lost.

There were a couple of cased that I got involved with kids that learned of illness or in one case almost a carbon copy of my life experience. It was tough for me to sit and talk with the kid, but there was a certain amount of healing in my own life from that experience. Every now an then I get a piece of mail from him to my parents house.. he is in the peace corp and doing very well.

Plus it humbled a ego I had going.. being bigger and faster than other kids my age kind of swelled my head a little very early on.. made me appreciate things around me..

There way more than you wanted to know.
    That's some cool stuff. Great to hear there are people like you out there.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    [b]PP.O name: Pack93z
    Good stuff, Pack!
    Hope you drag your butt out to the TC for the Pack-Vikes game this year!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Interesting stuff, share a few of the leg stories...lmao.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    Here is a quick one.. bar downtown Green Bay, a buddy of mine and I walk in one afternoon and see this guy playing bar games.. the one we were watching was a dice game were he was betting another patron that he could count the top and bottom of the dice faster than the person could count up the sum of the top of the dice.. and a couple of card tricks..

So we sat an watched this for a little bit and I turned to my buddy and said, maybe I should turn the table a bit..

Sitting a couple seats away, I yelped I have a bet for you.. I can put one foot on the floor and the other on the ceiling at the same time.. mind you the ceiling was about 8 to 9 feet tall or so..

This gent peers over and looks me up and down, I'm a big boy about 6'4" and 285 - 290 lbs.. after a few moments says your on.. we set the wager at 100 dollars.. buddy of mine bets the bartender a sum, can't remember.. anyway..

So I stand up, drop the pants and undo my leg... at this time the guys eyes a popped open and then he starts out laughing.. paid the tab straight up.. the worst part was trying to get the leg back on in a bar will no pull sock to do it with.. but hundred dollars is a hundred dollars.
    ;D

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Here is a quick one.. bar downtown Green Bay, a buddy of mine and I walk in one afternoon and see this guy playing bar games.. the one we were watching was a dice game were he was betting another patron that he could count the top and bottom of the dice faster than the person could count up the sum of the top dice.. and a couple of card tricks..

So we sat an watched this for a little bit and I turned to my buddy and said, maybe I should turn the table a bit..

Sitting a couple seats away, I yelped I have a bet for you.. I can put one foot on the floor and the other on the ceiling at the same time.. mind you the ceiling was about 8 to 9 feet tall or so..

This gent peers over and looks me up and down, I'm a big boy about 6'4" and 285 - 290 lbs.. after a few moments says your on.. we set the wager at 100 dollars.. buddy of mine bets the bartender a sum, can't remember.. anyway..

So I stand up, drop the pants and undo my leg... at this time the guys eyes a popped open and then he starts out laughing.. paid the tab straight up.. the worst part was trying to get the leg back on in a bar will no pull sock to do it will.. but hundred dollars is a hundred dollars.
    ;D
    lmao, that's too funny.
    Sounds like the guy was a good sport about it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    lmao, that's too funny.
    Sounds like the guy was a good sport about it.
    The guy was a better sport about it than the bartender.. he was a little pissy about it.. when I see Paul we laugh to this day about that one.. probably a dozen or so stupid things I did like that.. watching other people's reactions is classic humor.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Thanks for sharing Pack93z.
    You are a class act, and I appreciate what you bring to the site.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Great looking children and beautiful wife. Thank you for sharing on such a personal level.
    I'm certain it is a ploy to soften our Viking resolve by humanizing the enemy lol!

Look forward to seeing you at the tailgate party if you can make it. No need to worry. There is a lot of green and gold at that game.

I enjoy your respectful participation here. Nice to have quality posts.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Nice to see another UWGB grad on this site. I hope you get up to the GB/MN game this season in the dome.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Its a shame that a Packer fan gets their interview before me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast